Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton-vs-Brisbane.png

Changes? Go for it!

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I like idea of Kennedy out of the goal square. Push Harry up and make him lead. Play MCG third tall defender to fix that role while Parks is out. Bring Stocker in for his kicking if nothing else. It’s almost Luke Hodge like.

That’s probably the only change. We don’t have the cattle due to injuries to make wholesale changes. Cunners close....but not sure for who.

LOB the next option. No way anyone else deserves a game.

gullie man

Senior List
Aug 12, 2009
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
I like idea of Kennedy out of the goal square. Push Harry up and make him lead. Play MCG third tall defender to fix that role while Parks is out. Bring Stocker in for his kicking if nothing else. It’s almost Luke Hodge like.

That’s probably the only change. We don’t have the cattle due to injuries to make wholesale changes. Cunners close....but not sure for who.

I like this idea it could fail spectacularly but it could upset the balance of brisbanes backline. Kennedy can mark and can kick straight but perhaps his mobility might be too limited to offset his lack of height and Harry might not be mobile enough to play CHF. Does reek s a bit of desperation though. Gotta give Stocker a go soon invested a fair bit in him time to give him a crack.

fnm_just a man

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

:openmouth:

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I like idea of Kennedy out of the goal square. Push Harry up and make him lead.

You’ve pushed a hot button for me on this move and it’s about the only way I can see MK have any future in our list. With Gov out of sorts, and a decent option to replace Willo down back (in the absence of Parks anyway), JSOS and Martin being killer outs, we just have to try moves like this.

I just wish the media put the blow torch on the conservative MC we have, it’s doing all of our heads in. DT just has to be reminded that it was a radical shake up to our midfield structure that got him wins in 2019 - discover your Mojo and revisit that place again DT!!

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
If Stocker doesn't play I will march on Ikon park. If we had the lists of Port or Richmond I could understand not finding a spot for him, but with some of the absolute doormat performances of late the idea that he cant get a game over someone in this team makes me feel ill.

Ramsay, Cunners and Stocker in
Betts Murph Willo/Kennedy out.

I'd rather lose playing youth than rewatch ground hog day for another 5 years of unskilled players and past their prime veterans consistently bomb it into the fwd50 like its under 10s Jack in the pack.

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Out

Murphy Betts - Cooked one of them can be the sub
Williamson - What was he doing last night? headless chook
SPS - Soft and just bad
Kennedy - Too slow
Saad - If he is injured rest him

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

sounds like a great idea. our coaches need to get creative.

Cripptonite

All Australian
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
In: Stocker Cunners Dow
Out: Willo SPS Kennedy

Williams to play half back until Newman returns. Then he can push into midfield.

Kennedy is too slow to play midfield on a dry deck. I’d only bring him in as a tall marking target if required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Ok it’s evident that Plow is not a 3rd tall and the injury to Parkes reaffirmed this last night

We need to play with a similar structure

It’s why we miss marchy so much

I’d play Gov back and Kennedy forward

Cunners and Stock in

Willo and Murphy (soreness) out

Plow - Jones - Gov
Doc - Wieters - Saad
Williams - Cripps - Cottrell
Cunners - McKay - Fog
Betts - Cas - Kennedy
Pitto - Walsh - Ed
Stocker - Gibbons - Newnes - SPS

Sub O’Brien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Kennedy>Mcgovern
How... Gov had more influence on that match in a delivery starved forward line and then as a lock down defender than Kennedy as a free floating no responsibility half forward who rotated through the middle. Gov stays and starts in defence and Williamson should Go out. Readdress govs position in the team when parks is fit again.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
How... Gov had more influence on that match in a delivery starved forward line and then as a lock down defender than Kennedy as a free floating no responsibility half forward who rotated through the middle. Gov stays and starts in defence and Williamson should Go out. Readdress govs position in the team when parks is fit again.

Also, Gov clearly isn't fit enough yet and was rushed back in due to Jack's injury.
Still played better than Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back