Autopsy Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Walsh & McKay on fire *Cough*We Lost Again*Cough*

Who played well for the Blues vs Brisbane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I worry about Austin's mantra for avoiding talls

A mate of mine and I have always highlighted a lack of talls at the dogs, that has changed quickly over 2 years.

As a minimum, we need a KPD, a swing KPP and a ruck/forward.

As examples, let's call these players

B McKay,(Jones is quick enough to play as a 3rd tall)

A Ballenden or Brander type

A Sinclair/Big O type

You don't have to spend alot to quickly resolve these weaknesses

I really like Brander, and think he would be very gettable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be easy to look at the second quarter and say that's where we lost it - another "run-on" and if we fix that we're good.

But the reality is the second quarter is when Brisbane turned up the heat, and we couldn't hack it. When the pressure is really applied by opposition clubs, our skills and composure absolutely go to pieces.

We saw it last week too, then when the opposition has a few goals on us and perhaps backs off the pressure a bit, we start to look better again.

It's starting to really annoy me how many games we lose by small-ish margins where we aren't really a genuine chance to win after half time; the margin, scoring shots and sometimes the overall stats give the coaching group an excuse to say we're close when the reality is, against the best teams when they are going 100%, we're nowhere near it.

Staying in the match is an underrated quality. Compare and contrast what we were like not that long ago, when we were blown out of the water and thrashed. We have progressed and beaten two teams with genuine talent this year so far . Last year we beat the cats and dogs and nearly port. Lets not under rate the positives - they are there if you choose to see them. Unfortunately we are a club in transition, and with that comes disappointment

I worry about Austin's mantra for avoiding talls

A mate of mine and I have always highlighted a lack of talls at the dogs, that has changed quickly over 2 years.

As a minimum, we need a KPD, a swing KPP and a ruck/forward.

As examples, let's call these players

B McKay,(Jones is quick enough to play as a 3rd tall)

A Ballenden or Brander type

A Sinclair/Big O type

You don't have to spend alot to quickly resolve these weaknesses

wasnt he involved in getting Naughton?

Back