Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Almost 365 days ago, give or take, I was sitting in a Hotel room in Sydney watching the last encounter on this phone I am typing these words upon.

As the final siren blew, my reaction was

I recovered the said phone and everyday since, I look at, and am reminded of those last 30 seconds.

Today we meet the asteroid again *

One can only hope that we avoid the same repetition of July 2019 because lifting a 70 inch screen and throwing it into the street will be hernia inducing.

North by 5 eye..goals or points..whichever

ps I wish I was in Sydney, or anywhere from here come to think of it...

Saturday night fixture on the Gold Coast against *
Bookmark this post. We’ll be lucky to kick 4 goals tomorrow.
This is not the ground or team to go play to try and find some form.
If we make it past 40 points its a win for mine.

nMo39.jpg

North by 200 points:
http://springfieldfiles.com/sounds/frink/gambletron.mp3

Couldn't find any gifs of kangaroos attacking footy players all hopped up on PED's, so this week I've had to improvise.

To the untrained eye, the below might appear to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex-style robot from the 80's cartoon series, Dinobots. But of course, that's not correct. Yes, it is indeed from Dinobots, but the robot in question is actually based on the Procoptodon. (*pause for people to Google*) The more observant among you will have noticed the pouch in the front. On account of never watching the aforementioned cartoon series, I'm not sure what the kangabot's name was. For convenience sake, let's just call it The Other Dinobot.

But I digress.....watch in awe as it effortlessly dispenses with the pesky bomber.

Dinobot-Has-Had-Enough-Of-Military-Fighter-Jets-On-The-Transformers-Cartoon.gif

Grrrrr, arrrggghhh.

To the game....

I'm encouraged by Rhyce's mention of "frank discussions" at the club this week. Fingers crossed they were more Gumbleton than Sinatra.

We've now gone from being due last week to being overdue this week. Must win this game because we're completely out of appropriate prefixes for the word 'due' after that.

Time to embrace our wrongful home and pull one out of the bag.

North by 9 forearm bumps.

players have lost form and confidence. It’s going to take time to build that back up. Dons are playing a small team on a slippery deck. It suits them. Too much going against us tonight. Hopefully we put in a good performance - but not expecting the win. Dons either don’t turn up or we start the game scoring like a steam train.

Looking forward to the game. It'd be nice to beat our hated enemy. At worst we get to see Curtis, TT, Bailey, The Bull, Ronnie, etc go around again. Hopefully Ahern gets some midfield time and takes it.

North to go all reverse kanga on * and win by 30.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hopeful that we can get off to a flyer, dominate the midfield, own the outside and take full advantage of our inside grunt, then hold tight in defence through the second and third, all the time maintaining a focus on attack, holding marks and usin forward pressure, then come home with a wet sail in the last. We could smash them.

North by at least six.

Points.

5 goals to 4.

They have really small bodies through the midfield. I like the game plan where we bash them in the contest. Pity Ziebell and Cunners aren’t playing.

Goldy is the form ruck of the comp but that big ginge went alright against Grundy last week. Still think Goldy will continue his form.

My wife barracks for *.
We used to go to games together but then I got told I barrack too loud after the game when Drew snapped the sealer from the pocket.
We have one tv.

My wife barracks for *.
We used to go to games together but then I got told I barrack too loud after the game when Drew snapped the sealer from the pocket.
We have one tv.
One can only assume she revealed that little pearler after you were married. Probably grounds for an annulment.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Banking on a typical North effort game after a shitful performance last week. Would prefer our wins to be based more on structure and skill but I will take any win against this mob. As I have no trust in our side I am not confident of anything though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couldn't find any gifs of kangaroos attacking footy players all hopped up on PED's, so this week I've had to improvise.

To the untrained eye, the below might appear to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex-style robot from the 80's cartoon series, Dinobots. But of course, that's not correct. Yes, it is indeed from Dinobots, but the robot in question is actually based on the Procoptodon. (*pause for people to Google*) The more observant among you will have noticed the pouch in the front. On account of never watching the aforementioned cartoon series, I'm not sure what the kangabot's name was. For convenience sake, let's just call it The Other Dinobot.

But I digress.....watch in awe as it effortlessly dispenses with the pesky bomber.

Dinobot-Has-Had-Enough-Of-Military-Fighter-Jets-On-The-Transformers-Cartoon.gif

Grrrrr, arrrggghhh.

To the game....

I'm encouraged by Rhyce's mention of "frank discussions" at the club this week. Fingers crossed they were more Gumbleton than Sinatra.

We've now gone from being due last week to being overdue this week. Must win this game because we're completely out of appropriate prefixes for the word 'due' after that.

Time to embrace our wrongful home and pull one out of the bag.

North by 9 forearm bumps.
another good gif:
5962511c16ed1f8f95ed1c7436ab1afb.gif

A 3.4 cm height difference in slippery dewey conditions.

Makes the selection of Campbell look silly - maybe there will be a last minute change.

I expect to see some sort of response from the playing group tonight - the problem is that all this 'response' language is starting to feel like a re run of the Scotts era.

EssendonAttributeNorth Melbourne
185.1cmHeight188.5cm
84.9kgWeight86.9kg
25yr 10mthAge25yr 10mth
87.8Games95.0

A 3.4 cm height difference in slippery dewey conditions.

Makes the selection of Campbell look silly - maybe there will be a last minute change.

I expect to see some sort of response from the playing group tonight - the problem is that all this 'response' language is starting to feel like a re run of the Scotts era.

EssendonAttributeNorth Melbourne
185.1cmHeight188.5cm
84.9kgWeight86.9kg
25yr 10mthAge25yr 10mth
87.8Games95.0
The selection of Campbell was always silly

Always feel extra nervous playing this team.

This week I’ve found it hard to be as ‘glass half full’ as I usually am. A lot of negativity on the board since our last game. Some warranted. Some not.

Anything is possible this season though, so I have some hope. Would be a nice change to be up by a few goals at half time, wouldn’t it? Hoping we put the pressure on them early & we aren’t the ones playing catch up.

After the Lockdown II announcement, a victory beer against these pricks would go down a treat.

F**k *!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back