Autopsy Rd 6 vs Port Adelaide: Bathwater cocktail brings us back to Earth

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Brad Scott fan but this game he was infinitely outcoached. And I don't rate Hinckley much.

Hopefully Brad can learn some things from this game and better for it. I guess the things he thought would work didn't that didn't help, some of which was from fumbling and some wrong decisions by players.

Sorry Jindrk but 9 ******* years mate, Brad ain't changing, will not change, cannot change. Seriously how can people make comments like this about Brad Scott and his coaching unless they've got their tongues firmly in cheek? As good as our players are or will be we will not win a GF under BS. I look forward to 'tis being his last year a coach of NMFC.

Dixon was clearly under instruction to jump into Goldy at every opportunity. I read someone in here bagging Goldy because a non-ruckman was able to push him out of the contest. Dixon is no bean pole. He's 3kg heavier and only gives up 1cm to Goldy. His goal was to neutralise Goldy as much as possible. He did a pretty good job, especially around the ground. Not so much at centre clearances where he is not allowed to take out Goldy's run at the ball.

But you are right, Goldy still well and truly won the contest. On that note, I bet Rick18 could put together another video compilation of centre clearances and compare them to last week's package to show that Goldy did pretty much the same thing he did last week. The only difference is that Port was better prepared, they'd been to school on last week's demolition of Hawthorn and so all of these deft taps to position were either cut off by Port, or without the clean hands of Higgo assisting Ben10, we fumbled and gave up the advantage.

And further to your comments about Hinkley going to work on our second link blokes, I think he also destroyed our forward set up and we had no Plan B. The irony is that all of the media exposure this week may have contributed to our own bathwater drinking and to Hinkley's ability to prepare.

Soooo we got out coached?

Last edited by a moderator:
why not outplayed?

in one on one contests we got smashed
fumbled fell over handballed behind guys missed easy goals gave away easy free kicks

appalling performance by the players

Coming in late I realise........

Firstly, it seemed to me that Dixon, Goldy’s main opponent in the centre bounces, consistently had his foot half-over or fully over the centre circle line every time he faced Todd. Doesn’t sound much, but if your restricted for space any extra run-up space could add some leverage...... game of inches and percentages sort of thing.....

And along those same lines...... secondly....

I’m not sure if it was every time, but it was every time that I remembered to look, whoever was kicking out for Port, except for once in the last when the player in the square threw it to someone else to kick out, even if they had the ball in their hand would go to the bag and get a ‘fresh’ one.

Anyone have any idea if maybe you get a couple of extra feet using a cold, fresh footy as opposed to a warm, used one?

Maybe it’s a habit they’ve garnered playing outdoors everywhere else. Not sure but the idea of assisting some sort of ‘fast break’ or ‘longer kick out’ game spring to mind.

Just my two cents on what I’d noticed.....

Just adding to my comment about the 'fast break'.....

I just remembered the reference I was thinking of.

There was an NBL side in the US that got sprung and fined for trimming their home venue basketball nets. It was only one 'weave' of the net they reduced it by but it suited their quick game to have the ball drop that split second earlier and caught a lot of opposition sides on the hop.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking of with the fresh footy with the Port backmen. Not necessarily a 'fast break' in the same regard, and definitely within the rules, but maybe the guy kicking out feels he gets more onto a footy straight out of the bag.

Or maybe it's just his habit/superstition.........

CH 9 just reported that Runner Chad Cornes fined and banned for one game for swearing at Goldy.

I did make a post in the GD thread during the game that he did seem to be on the ground a lot and giving a lot of 'advice' to his players.
What did Goldy ever do to Port?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back