Autopsy Rd 6 vs Port Adelaide: Bathwater cocktail brings us back to Earth

Remove this Banner Ad

Until we finally drop the spud it will continue

Pray he gets dropped if you don't want to hear the shitcanning of the joke of a footballer known as turnstiles macmilllan
Mate, no one here is picking the team!! Call the club 100 times a week if you feel like it, but you're just wasting everyone's time felating your own ego on some misguided vendetta against one bloke who, despite his deficiencies, tries his heart out for the club. Just give it a rest!!

Negatives:

- forwardline was very dysfunctional
- bombing into the forwardline again
- Jonas beating Brown despite two junk time goals
- midfield depth just not there.

Positives:

- Cunnington good as usual
- Majak another promising game
- Simpkin best game for a while

I welcome the return of Higgins next week vs Swans

This always happens when we are getting harassed by defensively aggressive mids I reckon. We couldn't quite hold them, and then when we won possession we ended up doing the same thing - kick straight down the corridor to a Browny being held by two, with usually one defender covering space in front of his runway.

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest. Higgins is easily a top 3 player for our team, we were always going to miss him.

We outcoached the Hawks last week and goldy was dominant. This week they did a number on our forward setup and goldy was pretty poor (great mark and handball leading to a goal in the 3rd though).

Port played their tarps out though. Outpossessed and out tackled us while also being noticeably cleaner.

We got a pretty raw deal from the umps, but with a bumper 5-10 minutes of meaningless frees late in the game. Brown especially was ripped off by them, but we didn't do him many favours with our forward entries. Cop out to claim they were the difference.

LDU is a worry for mine. We essentially swapped him in for Higgins this weak and it's no comparison. Dumont was poor too, Jmac pretty shocking. All of them are options for the seconds.

Anderson and Jy were good. Anderson seemed a lot quieter as the game went on. JZ was influential even though his stats wouldn't suggest it. Daw was also really impressive again.

LDU needs to be persisted with.

Is getting caught at the moment, like Cunners used to do.

Will adjust accordingly and we'll be all the better for it.

Jmac was pus but had close to 18 blokes in the same boat with him.

Vintage bathwater and vintage stubborn Brad performance. Port put frontal pressure on the entire game and we never got going, dreaded missing plan B in full force.

Every time the ball hit the deck Port got it out the back, they absolutely torched us through the corridor and it was allowed to happen all day.

It's telling we got ascendancy around the ball when Majak was in the ruck. Goldstein needs to go, LMAC, Dumont, Turner, JMAC are all just turnstiles at the moment and Clarke LDU probably as well.

Ahern, Preuss, Higgins then our depth falls off very very quickly. Maybe Wright too if he's ok.

We are a Brown, Waite, Ziebell injury away from finishing last I'm afraid, after having hope last week this is a more realistic snapshot
LOL Brisbane, Carlton and st Kilda are well entrenched in the bottom three.

Depth falls off? Ahern, pruess, Higgins, Garner, wood, mountford, wright and hrovat are all best 22 or Fringe and with the exception of wood and wright they can all rotate on ball

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

LDU is a worry for mine. We essentially swapped him in for Higgins this weak and it's no comparison.

Oh come on Devo, I'm prone to ridiculous posting from time to time, but sheesh, you should be more worried about the sun rising tomorrow than anything LDU is doing four games into his career.

But will say with all the pressure on and off the field Maj has received the last few years, has carried himself very well, and improved out of sight this season when a lot of us wrote him off.

Should be very proud of himself. Shinboner in my eyes Maj :thumbsu:

We are rebuilding, so it is a luxury we can afford. I just hope people temper their expectations of him and the team. Not sure at this stage what the selection philosophy is, but since he hasn't been dropped yet and we played Jy as much as possible last year I think we'll keep with him. Not entirely sure if that's the right thing though, I'd put the argument forward that he could really benefit from getting some great games at the seconds. All depends on how his headspace is , if he understands where he's at and what we expect and isn't letting it get to him then we absolutely persist.

Maj is starting to have that perceived pressure the likes of Rioli has. Caused a number of turnovers just by being around.

Best thing about his game was the commentary on his play in the last where they have Maj a wrap for affecting Ports forward play.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He went to tackle one guy and that Port player s**t himself :))))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good patches of play here and there, but we were definitely outclassed at times, and too many players (Macmillan, McDonald, Turner...) had really poor games for us to produce anything like last week's game. Daw's looked more like he belongs every week in defence, Anderson and Simpkin have shown plenty in the midfield, Cunnington played very well once again...

Given how bad we've been for many years with serious lapses where the opposition get a run-on, it's to our credit that that didn't happen today; thought we limited the damage they were doing well, Thompson and Williams in particular played well in defence. Four goals (and, with the frees due, could've been more) is pretty solid from Brown given the poor delivery at times and a good game from Jonas; Waite good again...

LDU still seems very off the pace, but whether he's better off working on that in the VFL or in the senior side is hard to say. Good first goal, though.

Overall, disappointing to lose this one (especially given the tough run coming) but not a disastrous performance. Thought we tried to be a little too clever at times (trying to tap the ball to teammates rather than take possession and handpass to them, for example), and played dumb at other times by just bombing the ball forward. Some good signs, then, but definitely a few players in the side who need to step up.

Oh come on Devo, I'm prone to ridiculous posting from time to time, but sheesh, you should be more worried about the sun rising tomorrow than anything LDU is doing four games into his career.

More concerned about his confidence and headspace than anything. We have a history of playing blokes into the ground. If he's down on confidence and suffering for it then we need to take that into account. If he's all good though I agree we persist.

And don't worry, I have much larger worries than the bloke in his first year.

Well, bit of a setback for world peace tonight, but geez, who woulda thought that the new adjective for Majak would be "consistency"! Very proud of him tonight! He'll get us there, you'll see. Even if it might involve us having to have our eyeballs seared by a full Kim Jong - Trump hug. Loved how he stood up for us in the last quarter.

Marley, Jy, Jed, Cunners, all good tonight. I especially love watching Marley play. Hardly ever puts a foot wrong, and is probably one of our most instinctive players. That blind turn out of traffic in the 1st Quarter! Love him lots, and he never lets us down. If we had to lose Wellsy to Collingwood, well I'm sure glad we got Marley off them. Best pickup ever.

Glad to see UDL get a goal too. He may have been a bit quiet tonight, but sheesh, no one becomes a Higgo in 5 matches, and overall, when you consider he's survived the Cairns monsoons, and a trip to Hobart, and he's only 18 years old, I think he's been very good. Hope everyone keeps that big picture in mind and also, his goal celebration was very... grounded and realistic. I think all these things bode well for the level of maturity he plays with at this young age. I think he's travelling very well all things considered.

If the umps don't put an end to BBB getting mauled out there I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I watch with my heart in my throat sometimes at what happens to him. Thought we'd finally started to move past this, but tonight, well, again - setbacks.

Also, way too much airtime given to Wingard's ice pack.

Match takeaways : Majak's got his groove, and BBB is still LEADING THE COLEMAN!

Go Roos, and bring on Sydney. And as usual, it's past midnight now. Hope someone remembers to let Scamper in.

What’s the odds everyone keeps their spot *ing disgusting and I don’t wanna see rat back in swing the *ing axe
Jmac - Wright
Lmac-ahern
Goldy- preuss
Turner - Higgins if ready

That's nonsense. He barely got time in the centre he was moved around a shitton forward, the starting lineup was the midfield most of the day.

Until he has a truly horrendous game, he is not getting VFL time, persist. You're just wasting time throwing him into the VFL when the only issue is pace which the AFL and VFL and entirely worlds apart in pace. He did fine today.

We are rebuilding, so it is a luxury we can afford. I just hope people temper their expectations of him and the team. Not sure at this stage what the selection philosophy is, but since he hasn't been dropped yet and we played Jy as much as possible last year I think we'll keep with him. Not entirely sure if that's the right thing though, I'd put the argument forward that he could really benefit from getting some great games at the seconds. All depends on how his headspace is , if he understands where he's at and what we expect and isn't letting it get to him then we absolutely persist.
I agree totally. He is a lot like early BC; he is like an AD. Give him time, and don't push him hard like the current Port forward, who was shoved like a spring lamb for slaughter in front of 90,000 at the G.

Mate, no one here is picking the team!! Call the club 100 times a week if you feel like it, but you're just wasting everyone's time felating your own ego on some misguided vendetta against one bloke who, despite his deficiencies, tries his heart out for the club. Just give it a rest!!
He can go try his heart out in suburban football. He is a paid professional. If he can’t play at the level consistently then he needs to go.

Until we finally drop the spud it will continue

Pray he gets dropped if you don't want to hear the shitcanning of the joke of a footballer known as turnstiles macmilllan
I don't object to condemning somebody for their actions, such as Lewis and so-forth, but not for performance. He might deserve some time in the VFL, but he is not the only one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back