Autopsy Rd 6 vs Port Adelaide: Bathwater cocktail brings us back to Earth

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointing

A lot went wrong
true but with benefit of hindsight we were never going to challenge after missing Higgins,

couple of positives for me, saw some more good signs from Simpkin and a lesser extent LDU,

few goals to keep BBB in the coleman race,

maj defence experiment still optimistic.

a few off games by a few players but seriousely lmac and dumont have totally fallen off the radar,

given we likely wont wil a game for the next few weeks really should give ahern and pruesey a run.

Port are still pretenders. This win tells no one anything, like the win in sydney.

We were just s**t in a lot of areas. Come back to reality boys and pull your finger out as Sydney got over the line today.

I never liked the media attention

The effort and intensity was there for most of the day, hard to be too disappointed with that. Taking out one of our best mids in Higgins was always going to hurt.

I’m happy to see us push hard for most of the day, we bring the effort like that and add the polish of Higgins and we’ll win more games.

Impressed with daw again.

Don't think it was bathwater drinking at all tbh.

Just a taxing game last week and missing a vital midfield cog, with a few players having bad games.

The bathwater drinkers were the ones who went into this game thinking it was an easy win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

simpkin, maj, marley, clarke, jacobs, cunners all good

jmac turnstiles piss off to the vfl
take goldy with you

Seriously are you physically capable of making a post without s**t-talking JMac?

He was far from the only player who had a down game today.

Negatives:

- forwardline was very dysfunctional
- bombing into the forwardline again
- Jonas beating Brown despite two junk time goals
- midfield depth just not there.

Positives:

- Cunnington good as usual
- Majak another promising game
- Simpkin best game for a while

I welcome the return of Higgins next week vs Swans

A bit went right as well.

Simpkin 23 disposals, thought he hadn't been too involved recently

Anderson 21 disposals he's building nicely

Daw- 14 disposals 5 marks, 4 tackles is really becoming a staple down back, we even had the confidence to move Robbie Tarrant fwd.

Just copped a footy lesson from a side that kept their feet and used the ball better.

J Mac, *McDonald, Dumont and Turner are a concern, the latter just doesn't impact a game enough for my liking.

* we honestly didn't think he was a first rounder.....

Dixon, a makeshift ruckman, outmuscling goldy was a terrible look.

Goldy has gone full circle and become a useless dinosaur once again.

Lol Goldstein was one of our better players.

Effort was nowhere near where it needed to be and well short of where it was last week.

Just weren’t clean enough today, first touch was off. Fumbled way too many times which welcomes pressure and leads to turnovers.

Cunners outstanding, Maj did what he needed to do, Anderson battled hard, Jy showed a lot of good signs.

Very disspointed with Goldy beaten by a part timer, JMac soft as butter couple of absolutely putrid efforts, Turner isn’t getting the job done.

We’ll have these inconsistent sort of days along the way but effort should be a given and for big chunks of the game today it just wasn’t there.

Negatives:

- forwardline was very dysfunctional
- bombing into the forwardline again
- Jonas beating Brown despite two junk time goals
- midfield depth just not there.

Positives:

- Cunnington good as usual
- Majak another promising game
- Simpkin best game for a while

I welcome the return of Higgins next week vs Swans
Good comments. Higoo may be a few more weeks depending on lip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back