Game Day Rd 7/8: Maroochydore Demons vs Brisbane Lions MEtricone Stadium @ 18;10 pm AEST- Deez Lion in da tropics.

Remove this Banner Ad

They did

But 100% it was 50, surprised the ump didn't blow a few seconds earlier

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
So if it's not for 99% of the game why is it for 1%?

It might be there to the letter of the law, but unless it is enforced all game then it isn't for the sake of consistency.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's because we all thought we'd turned it around somewhat the past couple of weeks, but it turns out it's just more of the same.
Rubbish.

Brisbane sit equal top of the ladder and were only really missing Martin from their best team. We were 22 points down and come back to nearly pinch it.

Massive steps in right direction again, and even though we lose, we again show we are good enough to match the best teams. We need to win one though, obviously, and the good thing is we get another crack at the top team in a few nights time

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Rubbish.

Brisbane sit equal top of the ladder and were only really missing Martin from their best team. We were 22 points down and come back to nearly pinch it.

Massive steps in right direction again, and even though we lose, we again show we are good enough to match the best teams. We need to win one though, obviously, and the good thing is we get another crack at the top team in a few nights time

well said, one quarter cost us again.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rubbish.

Melbourne are good enough to play finals. It’s pretty much the right team bar a better midfielder. Enjoyed watching them tonight.

Why did Fristch need to put himself in that situation regardless of if it was 50 or not?

Just ******* dumb. Had them deep in the pocket , would have had to be a dump kick out of defence to a contest.

Just ******* moronic football, no awareness of the situation whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if it's not for 99% of the game why is it for 1%?

It might be there to the letter of the law, but unless it is enforced all game then it isn't for the sake of consistency.
You would have seen by my comments all game the umpiring was ****ed both ways

So with 90 seconds left why give the umps a chance a pay the Free?

What was to gain by holding the ball up?

Why did Fristch need to put himself in that situation regardless of if it was 50 or not?

Just ******* dumb. Had them deep in the pocket , would have had to be a dump kick out of defence to a contest.

Just ******* moronic football, no awareness of the situation whatsoever.
So stupid and not needed.

But Brisbane's Bailey did the exact same thing and got away with it earlier.

If no has noticed. I'm pretty filthy on the umps tonight

On Mi A2 Lite using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Marginally ahead of Brayshaw, despite all the criticism directed at Oliver, Harmes is no where near him. Oliver finished with 28 disposals and 10 tackles. Was far better than Harmes.
Fair. I guess I am critical as he kicks poorly. First game I’ve watched all year really, I think the Demons looked pretty gutsy and hard but poor kicking hurt. I am impressed by the overall athletic abilities of the players, through all clubs, but boy the skills are bad. Never seen them worse. These guys have so much power and speed, run from one end to the other, but miss a heap of targets and struggle with set shots.

You would have seen by my comments all game the umpiring was f’ed both ways

So with 90 seconds left why give the umps a chance a pay the Free?

What was to gain by holding the ball up?

Agree on not risking it but whoever the lions player was, he was also cupping his head under his nuts with pleasure. It was 50/50 with both of them wanting to waste time.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
He did nothing wrong, lions did that all game. One player sat on Viney for 30 seconds after he got a free.
Yeah that was absolutely ****ed. They did the exact same thing (to viney I think) 5 mins earlier (not the same one but one where he put it on the ground and then shepparded it), even midget/big head huddo called it out, and nothing

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
So stupid and not needed.

But Brisbane's Bailey did the exact same thing and got away with it earlier.

If no has noticed. I'm pretty filthy on the umps tonight

On Mi A2 Lite using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can’t blame umpiring. Seriously. They don’t kick the ball for you. So much is made of umpiring that it detracts from directing criticism or analysis to the game and the team in question.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rubbish.

I'll let our end of season results speak for themselves, we've shown we can play well for periods against good sides but the majority of the time we lose the game. Missed finals in 2016 and 17 because we lost a lot of close games, 2018 the same costing us a top 4 finish and finals, and obviously last year and this season we're seeing the same thing.

Losses against Geelong and tonight, Brisbane, it's not uncommon and eventually we have to win them and it's not okay to say 'another step forward'.

Agree on not risking it but whoever the lions player was, he was also cupping his head under his nuts with pleasure. It was 50/50 with both of them wanting to waste time.
We needed to win the game. They needed to save it

No matter how you look at it that way putrid by Fritsch. ******* fell over when the Brisbane guy had moved away. Dumb, dumb football by him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back