Game Day Rd 7/8: Maroochydore Demons vs Brisbane Lions MEtricone Stadium @ 18;10 pm AEST- Deez Lion in da tropics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth remembering the attorocious first kick in from May that the lions waltzed back into F50 dead in front for the easiest of goals. I guess we ask for creativity from the goal square but if you’re going to go straight up the guts, it better not land in the lap of the oppo and catch us with our pants down.

You can’t blame umpiring. Seriously. They don’t kick the ball for you.
no, but they do stop you from kicking the ball and force you to have to go back and let the opposition set up.

if you can’t judge that clear mark with the naked eye, then get the * away from a job requiring the use of eyesight!

Gotta say I agree - we kicked 3.1 to 0.5 in that quarter, Lions could've beaten us by a lot more than they did.
Lions had a heap of touched behinds throughout the game. The shots they missed were not as easy as the shots we missed.

You can’t blame umpiring. Seriously. They don’t kick the ball for you. So much is made of umpiring that it detracts from directing criticism or analysis to the game and the team in question.
Usually I'd agree with you. But tonight was exceptional. I don't blame the individual umpires. It's the AFL bosses telling them how to interpret the rules.

Yes I doubt the result would be different but it sucks the enjoyment out of the game when you notice the umpires more than the players.

On Mi A2 Lite using BigFooty.com mobile app

You would have seen by my comments all game the umpiring was f’ed both ways

I only made it through to halftime (I was 90 mins behind and mistakenly checked Twitter and had the result ruined).

But this was my thinking as well. Just a terribly officiated game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back