Autopsy Rd 7 Blues beat Bombers in Epic Encounter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitto goes ok. Reckon he cops a bit but has only played 20-odd games.

TDK will be amazing, FWIW
Pittonet is good value for what we paid for him. He is doing ok, considering how few games he has played.
TDK looks likely to be the number one ruck within 18 months though. But we very short on ruck options right now if both Pittonet and TDK were injured at same time. We should have had another young ruck on the list. Hopefully they correct that list management mistake this next draft or trade period. Actually mid season rookie draft, we might have to get one. We short of options for key defense too after they stupidly delisted three at same time in one off season.

Just watched the goals of the week again and I swear on Cripps running goal it looks like Merrett is shepherding for him rather than trying to run him down, strange I’m not sure whether he was confused or just getting ready for next year when he pulls on the navy blue. 😜🤣

He was appealing to the ump for Cripps running too far.

Just watched the goals of the week again and I swear on Cripps running goal it looks like Merrett is shepherding for him rather than trying to run him down, strange I’m not sure whether he was confused or just getting ready for next year when he pulls on the navy blue. 😜🤣
Was strange wasn't it, he was complaining about running too far after about 6 steps :drunk:

The other thing I found interesting about it was he couldn't chase down Cripps

I'll try and find it and report back.
If it's the incident that happened in the last quarter you are talking about.
Personally would have been rapt if a Carlton player did it.
His ribs were open and he got flushed.
Cottrell did well getting up and kept playing still having an impact.
He'd still be sore today.
There were a lot of inspirational acts by numerous players SPS mark, Parks tackle etc.
Mat knew he was going to be crunched but went anyway.
Although unheralded that was the biggest highlight for me.

I noticed all of the commentators this week creaming themselves every time Walsh touched the footy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a recent development, is it not?

They also said "he's been doing it since game 1" more than once. Or maybe it's because I've watched the game twice.

Cornes wasn't the only one in the media claiming Walsh shouldn't have gone number 1. At least he has the decency to say he got it wrong, the others will just act like they've been on the Walsh bandwagon all along.

Nah, he’s still a massive dick

He needs to learn when to be definitive and when not to be, everything that comes out of his mouth is a statement of fact and from that made to look like a knob at least 75% of the time.

Gawwy Lyon also said he made a mistake when reprofiling Walsh’s draft, I think from memory he had Max King number 1....at least he tried to mix in forecasted output over the career when reordering the draft.

That twit Cornes just put his Port Adelaide dunce hat on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I noticed all of the commentators this week creaming themselves every time Walsh touched the footy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a recent development, is it not?

They also said "he's been doing it since game 1" more than once. Or maybe it's because I've watched the game twice.

Cornes wasn't the only one in the media claiming Walsh shouldn't have gone number 1. At least he has the decency to say he got it wrong, the others will just act like they've been on the Walsh bandwagon all along.

The football “media” are obsessed with three things
- which coach is getting sacked
- who “won” in a trade between two teams
- potting top 10 draft picks until it’s proven they are good players then they jump on the bandwagon.

Also apparently Scott Pendlebury played basketball as a junior

The football “media” are obsessed with three things
- which coach is getting sacked
- who “won” in a trade between two teams
- potting top 10 draft picks until it’s proven they are good players then they jump on the bandwagon.

Basically what nuffies live for and want to call in about - people bag Corrnes out but they keep referring to him, thus its working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was on him when Parks made that tackle too, just fell over so was out of the contest leaving Parks 1v2.

A bit of credit needs to go to Newnes as well...Tippa was away and it was Newnes who charged across to force Tippa to sidestep into the Parks tackle. I watched the replay and our wingers Newnes and Cottrell were really pushing back into D50 to help our defence.

Cas must be carrying an injury, his leg is heavily strapped, there probably something wrong with Pitto too.
Pittonet was recruited as a stop gap ruckman to play mainly in the Reserves.
He has been thrown to the wolves because of injuries/retirement and the club's failure to recruit another young ruckman. Although they did get back man McDonald who could have helped out, but guess what? another extended injury.
God help us if Jones or Weitering go down with a long term injury.

To me Pitto looks like he's playing sore and a bit tired after shouldering the ruck load every week.

Don't forget he's still a very young ruckman in age and experience...last year was his first year getting a run of AFL games but we had TDK as well for a fair amount of them and they were shorter games.

Also, Casboult is our support ruck and he's clearly struggling with injury as well so isn't able to take more of the load.

While Pitto's form has dropped off I don't think he's been smashed in any game so far...he's still a competitor and big body. It'll be good for him to have a fit Casboult and TDK available.

Cuners did everything we were hoping we would see from Williams in that game

Early days but Williams certainly has underperformed so far given his contract.

Was always a risk given his injury history and the fact he's barely played as a midfielder at AFL level...would have preferred Treloar tbh given what the Dogs gave up for him.

Having said that I'll back him to be a big part of our midfield.

Back