Autopsy Rd 7 Blues lose after the siren in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting point that I don't think has been raised...

If the game was reversed and a Carlton player had a kick from the same spot as Robbie Gray to win the match, who would you like it in the hands of? Tough question for mine, and don't know whether I would've trusted any of our boys as much as Port probably did with Gray....

Martin

If the game was reversed and a Carlton player had a kick from the same spot as Robbie Gray to win the match, who would you like it in the hands of? Tough question for mine, and don't know whether I would've trusted any of our boys as much as Port probably did with Gray....
Levi, he missed the one from the top of the square which means he was due to kick the hard one. He would probably kick a banana from there as well.

Levi, he missed the one from the top of the square which means he was due to kick the hard one. He would probably kick a banana from there as well.

My favourite player to kick it would be Levi no doubt...would love that, would be an amazing story...

...not sure I could watch the kick live though...

EDIT: Would make up for that by watching it 1000 times on the replay though...

Last edited:

Gov > Betts > Kennedy > Casboult > E. Curnow

Any of those 5 I'd be confident - anyone else I'd have already checked out mentally.

He missed the easier set shot after the 3-quarter-time siren

So did Gray himself earlier in the last quarter.

But the answer would have to be McGovern for us. And you know what i'd just about have Gibbons next...kicked our first goal from pretty much that exact spot and i've seen him now kick a number of goals from close to the boundary on the right side.

So did Gray himself earlier in the last quarter.

But the answer would have to be McGovern for us. And you know what i'd just about have Gibbons next...kicked our first goal from pretty much that exact spot and i've seen him now kick a number of goals from close to the boundary on the right side.

Great question.

Nic Newman or SPS would probably be my picks without the pressure.

In terms of clutch. big time moments? Probably still give it to Charlie Curnow. Not the best kick but feel like he'd step up and nail it most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get voting!

To think that Sam Walsh isn’t anywhere near the finished article is truly excited. Until then I will keep enjoying his goals on the run and then celebrating like he’s just eaten some human flesh.

I wonder, should've Weitering played on Dixon from the start or was Jones the more ideal match up on him?

Good game, did well against the top of the table Port, just made some costly errors in the fourth quarter.

I wonder, should've Weitering played on Dixon from the start or was Jones the more ideal match up on him?

Good game, did well against the top of the table Port, just made some costly errors in the fourth quarter.

Dixon gets out quick on the lead. Jones is quicker and more athletic than Weitering and we prefer Weitering to play off his man and take intercept marks or spoil the ball at the top of the square.

I'd suggest that is as embarrassing a piece of commentary as I've ever heard. As the ball goes through I just wanna push a fork down my throat.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back