Autopsy Rd 7 Blues lose after the siren in a thriller

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed. Anyone of sound mind, and youth-fullness, will likely see what you have seen. Those of us blessed with clarity, such as your good self, need to spare a thought for those that a far slower on the uptake. Empathy my friend empathy.
I see what you did there Opi, sound mind and youthfulness, is the old fella having a nap? Hey Thy wakey wakey hands off snakey. 😂

I see what you did there Opi, sound mind and youthfulness, is the old fella having a nap? Hey Thy wakey wakey hands off snakey. 😂
Hey Murph, 108 is probably vacuuming his synthetic dungeon. Btw, I've made a point of wearing my face mask while on this board; I'm mindful of protecting 108 against possible dangers floating around the information-superhighway.

Having slept on a bed of nails last night, I have come to realise that we played a damn good game against a damn good team and almost stole the chocolates. Yes almost stole. Saying that I believe we are a better side but just need that 10% more maturity and belief, which will come. I believe at season’s end we will look at this game as a catalyst. I also know believe we are primed for a run of victories. This loss would have given tremendous belief to the boys and also given them some cruel, maturity building lessons.

All in really happy with how this season is developing. Been a wonderful season so far and realistically we could have been 5W 2L
We need to experience the close games against the best and start to really believe we can hang in or get over the top.

We have been bad for too long so the belief in the team is probably a fragile thing. Need to strengthen it and make it deeper and more robust. Need the belief to be strong enough to take a battering and still stand up.

Just need to get the repetitions in.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s going to have a coronary when he finally wakes from his nap and sees the posts, extinction could be back on the cards.😁
I've found the old bloke's MO most interesting; you know the way IT has deliberately gone out of it's way to dehumanise identity in others. But I must say, in giving 108 some of ITS own medicine, IT's taken it well thus far; I am however preparing for impending retaliation. I love the old fool.

Last edited:
I've found the old bloke's MO most interesting; you know the way IT has deliberately gone out of it's way to dehumanise identity in others, but I must say, in giving 108 some of ITS own medicine , IT's taken it well thus far; I am however preparing for impending retaliation. I love the old fool.
Yep he’s a ripper, the place wouldn’t be the same without his staunch yet “going blind” loyalty to the men in white.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he’s a ripper, the place wouldn’t be the same without his staunch yet “going blind” loyalty to the men in white.
...and to Journos.
I wouldn't mind visiting IT's dungeon; for real. I think it would be quite an experience.

Last edited:
his was actually an interesting picture from the Tackle.
Seemed to highlight Charlie Dixon holding onto Jones's jumper and general interference.
View attachment 915639
Nope, umpires have no influence on the outcome of games, no-siree, absolutely none, paragons of wisdom and judgement, narry a dud call betwixt the fraternity in white/green/orange/pink.
As you can see Jones is clearly holding Dixons arm....to stop him using his blue Guernsey as a garrote and then totally ripping the head from the shoulders...

You really need to ease up on the umps Thy, throwing things at them is a step to far. Geez😂
it was in my wild colonial daze.................although game was at the g.............

Nope, umpires have no influence on the outcome of games, no-siree, absolutely none, paragons of wisdom and judgement, narry a dud call betwixt the fraternity in white/green/orange/pink.
As you can see Jones is clearly holding Dixons arm....to stop him using his blue Guernsey as a garrote and then totally ripping the head from the shoulders...
nice work sitting in your armchair assessing a still photograph at leisure...........acute forensics right there..........

Theres a harder edge to our game now, we're not seeing those big lapses in concentration where teams can just pile on goals against us, or if it does occur its for smaller periods and we are able to arrest back the momentum. We are also conversely able to have bigger bursts where we control the game and can score very quickly.

That last 5 minutes of the game was horrific, and we were lucky that Port didn't put us away sooner given the amount of 'easy' misses they had.

One thing I noticed that Port did really well, and a number of other teams also do this, is that they would move laterally on the mark a few metres either way. I think it put some pressure on our player with the ball as it looked like the corridor kick wasn't there. It's a small thing that I'd like to see us also implement to just put more pressure on the opposition.

Hopefully the club has a really thorough review of the game, in particular the final 10min as there was a lot of things we could've done better game management wise.

Some things I did like though;

- Harry played another good game, he was able to kick that running goal this time unlike his attempt last year.
- Weitering again just completely blanketing his opponent
- Walsh's mark!!
- Cripps slowly gathering a bit of momentum with his form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back