(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Trading for Lever was 100% the right move and I have zero regrets but god would it sting if Aaron Naughton had gone pick 10 in 2017 (the pick we traded for Lever) rather than pick 9, especially given he was drafted as a defender. Media would be crucifying us. Kid is a ******* superstar at both ends.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Trading for Lever was 100% the right move and I have zero regrets but god would it sting if Aaron Naughton had gone pick 10 in 2017 (the pick we traded for Lever) rather than pick 9, especially given he was drafted as a defender. Media would be crucifying us. Kid is a ******* superstar at both ends.
Incidentally the two players that did end up 'going' with the Lever picks (I realise it's an imperfect science) are both playing for Carlton today. Lochie O'Brien and Liam Stocker. I reckon O'Brien is a bit of a nothing top 10 pick but Stocker looks a jet from his draft tape.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Silvagni and Bolton are the worst combination in the AFL. Terrible trading, devaluing of games by handing them out and no progression in 3 years

Top Bottom