Preview Rd 7. SUNS vs Melbourne @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to put some grunt into the midfield , Bull Stanley got to come in , Darcy Mc averages 7 tackles a game in ressies and 25 poss , give him a game.

In - Stanley , McPherson , Saad , Rischa ( if fit)
Out - McKenzie(inj) , Davis , Miller , Grant

I have mentioned Sexton only because I was trying to extrapolate from Rocket's presser who he was looking at
We just have so many "Sextons"
Malceski Rosa TMAc Cameron Leslie Schade Kolo Shaw Tape Schade - all in that @190cm/ 85-90kg running off the backline mould
Problem is, some have speed(Shaw), some have skill(Kolo) , some have footy brain (Mal) some have crazy courage (Tape), but none of them put it all together in the complete package, and none of them has an enforcer"don't mess with me" type personality
So if a guy like Sexton who isn't fully established in the team isn't going balls to the wall everytime he crosses the line then I just reckon come selection time he's going to be in the "to be discussed" pile, but I agree, will likely stay
I don't know where Lonergan fits into the scheme of things
I play Peter Wright for the rest of the year unless he's injured
Do you keep playing Grant?

Got to put some grunt into the midfield , Bull Stanley got to come in , Darcy Mc averages 7 tackles a game in ressies and 25 poss , give him a game.

In - Stanley , McPherson , Saad , Rischa ( if fit)
Out - McKenzie(inj) , Davis , Miller , Grant

Brendan Matera?

Garlett or Ah Chee if they're fit. Get some games into them both and a bit of X factor. I'd rather lose with them in the team than with Stanley, Russell, Grant, Shaw etc.

Rd 6, 2011 - Essendon 31.11 (197) def. Gold Coast 8.10 (58) @ Etihad
Rd 7, 2011 - Gold Coast 18.16 (124) def. Brisbane 17.14 (116) @ The Gabba

2367aa1.jpg

For me it was more a mental toughness issue than our players ability last night.

We lost our heads completely after qtr time and skills/game plan went out the window.

We have the skill & Rocket's game plan works beautifully when we are switched on. Fix that and we are back on track even with an undermanned backline.

Ins: Leslie, Saad, Rischatelli
Out: McKenzie (inj), Lemmens, Willis

Something like:

B. Saad, Leslie, Schade
HB. Kolo, Day, Malceski
C. Rosa, Ablett, Rischatelli
HF. Grant, Lynch, Martin
F. Miller, Wright, Cameron

R. Currie, Hall, Prestia

Int: Lonergan, Sexton, Harbrow, Davis

Boys to fire this week after hitting rock bottom last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haven't brought myself to watch last nights game yet, don't think i'm going to based on the gamethread.

injuries adding up. low home crowds. important players yet to re-sign. getting wins over poor sides and smashed by finals quality sides.
we've seen it all before, and it's ******* disheartening to have it happen again.

haven't brought myself to watch last nights game yet, don't think i'm going to based on the gamethread.

injuries adding up. low home crowds. important players yet to re-sign. getting wins over poor sides and smashed by finals quality sides.
we've seen it all before, and it's ******* disheartening to have it happen again.

crying-gif-11.gif

Lemmens has just GOT TO GO! Shade, Davis NUTI, Willis NOT YET, Grant will stay until Maysie returns (Sam Day can then return to the fwd line).

In: Leslie, Saad, Rischa, Garlett, Macpherson...

Please, NO Spook.

Lemmens has just GOT TO GO! Shade, Davis NUTI, Willis NOT YET, Grant will stay until Maysie returns (Sam Day can then return to the fwd line).

In: Leslie, Saad, Rischa, Garlett, Macpherson...

Please, NO Spook.
Against Brisbane, Freo and Geelong Davis has averaged 9 possessions at 55%, 1.6 tackles and 1 behind. I appreciate his effort to get back to AFL but approaching 27 years of age and what I'm seeing I'm flabbergasted we picked him up let alone playing him.

The only way is up! We have to stand up, dust ourselves off and move on. This week against the Dees is a decent chance to get back a win and move to 4-3.

Changes?
Lemmens surely has to go
Mckenzie also has to go out with injury
In my opinion Harbrow should see a week in the seconds, he just butchers the ball constantly but he isn't alone in that.
Also I don't think we can play both Davis and Grant, so would drop one of them.

Would love to see Darcy come in.
If Stanley is 100% he can come back.
Ah Chee and Garlett to also come back.
If Saad is fit he comes in too.

Lemmens must be dropped. You just cannot continually turn the ball over coming out of the backline like that and stay in the side. I thought Sexton was OK up in the forward pocket where his turnovers don't hurt us as much. Davis just a battler, Grant hmm, McKenzie injured, willis a tough one - didn't look up to it at all like a deer in the headlights but geez what an initiation. Schade struggled, Touk? Martin - problem is he's not going to learn anything in the NEAFL...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back