Preview Rd 7. SUNS vs Melbourne @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Need the coach to praise and encourage players, not bash them in the media and be critical of them even when they are performing well. It is okay to give negative feedback, but I think Rocket is really hurting some of the player's confidence. I don't think that is an effective way to coach. The players look like they are second guessing themselves so much. They played better last year when Rocket wasn't being so critical of their onfield performances.
I agree the last thing we need is the players feelings getting hurt.
Really !!!
come on now they are grown men supposedly.

Was was that all about, were they shouting abuse?
it was only vision, no sound but from the the look of it 2 guys were absolutely giving it to one of the players (maybe gaz himself) and gaz was trying to reason with them but they weren't having it

Id normally say that's piss poor to do that to your own team but when we are this bad they need to know how s**t they are.

I don't feel like Ablett is giving his all at the moment and it's affecting the team as a whole. He just sooks. It's sad to see such a champion player this way. Relieve him of the captaincy, he'll be so much better for it.

My normally calm wife ( clearly the better half of this relationship) was furious with this effort, I guess an effort like that and spending a fortune to fly the family up to see it live will do that to even the most even tempered person.

Can't see us flying up again anytime soon, as a family at least.

Smith is doing Sweet FA at Geelong check his stats 20 th in competition for hitouts he is 200cm witches hat.
At least he is playing in a winning team and one that will play finals. I would imagine he is rather happy with his situation, a regular 22 player at Geelong is nothing to be sneezed at....

It is quite remarkable that we've currently lost four of our best inside mids to injury - O'Meara, Swallow, Rischitelli and Hallahan. Four aces gone out of a pack has taken away our previous best weapon and now we are getting smashed through the midfield repeatedly. And now Rosa, also a good contested player, also goes down...unbelievable

Last edited:
I agree the last thing we need is the players feelings getting hurt.
Really !!!
come on now they are grown men supposedly.
It is not about hurt feelings, it is about getting good performances from the team. I don't think the old school approach is the most effective. Players need to be positively reinforced and encouraged, they will play their best when they are enjoying themselves, not being constantly criticised or threatened to be dropped. All the talk of "effort" is so stupid. They were trying, but they weren't good enough and they look down on confidence. I think Rocket has to take the blame, from the outside he looks too angry and emotional, you never see him give high praise to players who are improving this year. It is all just negative. Brendon Bolton has a worse list and they look like they are playing for each other and for the coach and enjoying themselves more.

It is not about hurt feelings, it is about getting good performances from the team. I don't think the old school approach is the most effective. Players need to be positively reinforced and encouraged, they will play their best when they are enjoying themselves, not being constantly criticised or threatened to be dropped. All the talk of "effort" is so stupid. They were trying, but they weren't good enough and they look down on confidence. I think Rocket has to take the blame, from the outside he looks too angry and emotional, you never see him give high praise to players who are improving this year. It is all just negative. Brendon Bolton has a worse list and they look like they are playing for each other and for the coach and enjoying themselves more.
Alastair Clarkson Old School
John Longmire Old School
Paul Roos Old School

raw

71191-sansa-stark-booze-gif-EIwZ.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty surprised at how calm (resigned?) Rocket looks.

Injuries:
Miller (Ankle)
Prestia (Knee)
Sexton (Broken Arm)
Rosa (Hamstring)

Didn't Miller have the ankle from a week or 2 ago.
And Prestia was already carrying his knee.

There to important just give them a spell. What's the point playing this weekend.

Playing the Giants who have 16midfielders compared to our2

Pretty surprised at how calm (resigned?) Rocket looks.

Injuries:
Miller (Ankle)
Prestia (Knee)
Sexton (Broken Arm)
Rosa (Hamstring)

Eade presser, the gif of rocket at the bottom is a classic

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-07/tide-will-turn-eade
that was when KK under virtually no pressure coming off half back I think was trying to kick to Prestia on the outer wing and just bullet passed the ball onto an opposition players chestTurnoverGoal

that was when KK under virtually no pressure coming off half back I think was trying to kick to Prestia on the outer wing and just bullet passed the ball onto an opposition players chestTurnoverGoal

Bit of an overreaction in that case. That's become our signature move in the back line. :blush:

Alastair Clarkson Old School
John Longmire Old School
Paul Roos Old School
Paul Roos isn't old school. He is in to player psychology. I think Alastair Clarkson comes across more oldschool than he is because of his anger in the coaching box, but I think he sticks up for his players more than Eade.

I think Eade is very critical of some players and when you see them down in confidence, you have to wonder if what he is doing is more harm than good. I think Malthouse said something about needing to be able to read which players need to be criticised hard, and which players needed a hug. I don't know if Rocket has that skill :D

Did'nt think we played to badly in first half , but with 2 mids gone we where beaten badly . Next week we are going in with 9 of our best 22 out , very much deja vu from last year . We can look at it 2 ways , we are the unluckiest team in the AFL by a fair way , or we are recruiting guys who are injury prone , i think the truth lies in between.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back