Rd 7 Team List

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2001
South Australia
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
There wasn't really that much difference between the two teams in the final. With just over 10 minutes left Guerra kicked a goal that was disallowed, the ball went down to Brisbane's goals and Lynch (I think it was) got a free kick and kicked a goal. We were around 18 points down then. The commentators were saying Port looked to be running out of steam. Primus was on the bench looking exhausted and Tredrea missed a set shot for goal. Our players seemed a bit tired in the last quarter of that final and against Hawthorn at home the following week. Hopefully the club has worked out the best way to address that issue, so the team is able to run out the whole game come finals time.

Re: Re: Re: Rd 7 Team List

Originally posted by Jars458

I said to fiance last night when I saw that... Macca won't be happy!!:D
'
hehe, you know me too well!!!

Jan 11, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide - SANFL
Originally posted by PAfolwr

Only saw the games once but I remember thinking in one of the games that we were one tall short in our forward line.
White wasn't playing and we weren't able to stretch their defence as much as we should have.
Will be a battle of tactics.
If we try and negate their strengths we will loose.
If we force them to cover the areas where we are better we will win.
Our tall forwards are taller then their tall backs
Our crumbing forwards are faster and more skilful then their non tall backs.
Get the ball in there often and fast and we will play accordingly.

Wasn't that the game where White injured his leg and we saw more of him getting leg massages in front of the bench than some of the players on the ground........including some exercise bandage that enabled him to swing his leg back and forward......

We need to attack and play to our stengths..........as well as each player being accountable for their opponent when they are on the attck.........

I think it's a real advantage with no-one really giving us a chance to win in the media. I thought it was interesting in Rucci's article today there is a prediction of showers yet on ABC radio last night when doing the teams they were predicting a fine night - same as what the Bureau of Meteorology predict......

PAfolwr

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 24, 2002
Other Teams
PA
Originally posted by dreamkillers

Wasn't that the game where White injured his leg and we saw more of him getting leg massages in front of the bench than some of the players on the ground........including some exercise bandage that enabled him to swing his leg back and forward......

We need to attack and play to our stengths..........as well as each player being accountable for their opponent when they are on the attck.........

I think it's a real advantage with no-one really giving us a chance to win in the media. I thought it was interesting in Rucci's article today there is a prediction of showers yet on ABC radio last night when doing the teams they were predicting a fine night - same as what the Bureau of Meteorology predict......

That was the game.

Perhaps Rucci spent some time up here and got used to the possible showers forecast.

:) :) :D :) :) :)

PAfolwr

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 24, 2002
Other Teams
PA
Something weird happening here.
Got no idea how all those smilie things got on there.

Wonder if that NinjaTredders is on the loose again.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
I should warn you - he eat you face.

PAfolwr

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 24, 2002
Other Teams
PA
Originally posted by Porthos
I should warn you - he eat you face.

If his nickname becomes The Ninja for the rest of his career we know who was responsible.:D

Jan 11, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide - SANFL
This should make Porthos happy.......not........;)

Power goes one smaller
5:29:00 PM Fri 10 May, 2002

Port Adelaide has gone with an extra small for Sunday’s clash with the Brisbane Lions and left out ruckman Barnaby French at selection tonight. Kane Cornes and Michael Stevens, two smaller running players, have been added to this week’s side. Brent Guerra is the other omission.

Cornes and Stevens were both dropped last week for the match against West Coast (after playing against the Crows) but have had a change in fortune this week.

French is unlucky to miss out. The Power number 31 played an exceptional match in West End Showdown XI when Matthew Primus wasn’t able to play with a corked knee. But with Brendon Lade also fit and in good form there wasn’t room for a third ruckman this week.

French has been named as an emergency along with Toby Thurstans and Domenic Cassisi. Cassisi will be the 23rd man flying up to Brisbane in case he is needed.

The Power’s 22 to take on Brisbane on Sunday at the Gabba from 1:10pm (local time) is as follows:

Backs: Bishop, Wakelin, Kingsley

Half Backs: Hardwick, Mead, Montgomery

Centreline: James, Carr, Schofield

Half Forwards: P Burgoyne, Tredrea, Dew

Forwards: Wanganeen, C Cornes, Cockatoo-Collins

Followers: Primus, N Stevens, Francou

Interchange: Poulton, K.Cornes, Lade, M.Stevens

Emergencies:Cassisi, French, Thurstans

IN: M.Stevens, K.Cornes

OUT: French, Guerra (omitted)

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
****. Bring back Donald Dickie, at least he could get a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back