Autopsy Rd 7: v Dogs @ Mars Sat 5th May 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed to lose after getting that close but wasn’t expecting a win anyway. We are so up against it when playing down south that unless the opposition team is incredibly s**t (eg Carlton) and/or out of form (eg Carlton), we won’t win. The constant travel, foreign conditions, crowd, umpiring, our injuries / inexperience, even the commentary (I was listening to SEN and whenever the Dogs got the ball the volume / excitement level went up threefold. They were so condescending towards us with comments like “Gee the Suns seem to be playing well” like it was a surprise, I had to turn it off and rely on BF posts instead).
Until we are able to get these factors on an even keel or to our advantage we’ll always be up against it.
Good to hear Crossley have a promising debut and both debutants kick goals.

Everyone looked utterly spent in the 4th quarter. Hammered out of the midfield. No doubt the travel is kicking in now. We are carrying guys when we don't need to. Scheer should never have played. Get Brodie in. A genuine contested mid who isn't fried from all the travel.

If we have May in we win that game.

Our midfield needs more talent.

That was our last winnable game for a long long while. That loss hurts.

Holman no good. Spence no good. Scheer no good.

Thank heavens for Jack Martin. Ah Chee too.

Strap yourselves in for a rough month ahead.

I'm happy with that. Would have loved a win obviously but good to see the boys didn't drop their heads as they would have in the past.

Iv been thinking that Dew has the following in mind...

Play the likes of Holman, Young, Rosa, Rischa ect... early on in the season during all the travel. These are hardened bodies that can handle it better than the younger guys. After the break and once we have our home ground back we can start getting more young guys in and give it a good shake to finish the year off.

Also these older guys who might not be best 22, allow us to not rush young guys back in. This is something we havnt done very well over the years.

Sam Day plays his best footy as a defender. He’s not a forward. Need 2MP playing along side Crossley (The Future). If May still hurt put Day in but if not NEAFL. Trade Lynch for more talent. Done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone looked utterly spent in the 4th quarter. Hammered out of the midfield. No doubt the travel is kicking in now. We are carrying guys when we don't need to. Scheer should never have played. Get Brodie in. A genuine contested mid who isn't fried from all the travel.

If we have May in we win that game.

Our midfield needs more talent.

That was our last winnable game for a long long while. That loss hurts.

Holman no good. Spence no good. Scheer no good.

Thank heavens for Jack Martin. Ah Chee too.

Strap yourselves in for a rough month ahead.
I thought Spencer played alright half time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question. Where does Sexton sit in this team? A well established body but doesn't often go beyond a dozen or so touches and maybe chips in for a goal.

I wonder if a player near enough to 100 games should be giving more in games like this one. No impact.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Gutted to lose but as other have said we were spent in the fourth. They battled hard.

We really lack a midfield gun to help Swallow and Lyons. Miller is great but he doesn't provide a point of difference from the other two. Could see Brodie coming in next week.

Goober Crossley made the game enjoyable regardless. He really did well for an 18yo. Adept forward or ruck which is rare on its own coupled with Mumford like battering ram style play. Will have a big future.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Let’s talk about Crossley
Suns have got themselves a player
Versatile
Aggressive
Epic mo
Goal kicker
Gold Coaster
Skilful
and only 18 years old

Needs convert that baby fat into muscle thou.

Give him Weller's ambassador cash - I prefer cult figures over pretty boys

Gutted to lose but as other have said we were spent in the fourth. They battled hard.

We really lack a midfield gun to help Swallow and Lyons. Miller is great but he doesn't provide a point of difference from the other two. Could see Brodie coming in next week.

Goober Crossley made the game enjoyable regardless. He really did well for an 18yo. Adept forward or ruck which is rare on its own coupled with Mumford like battering ram style play. Will have a big future.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Brodie has the potential to be that midfield gun (I.e Josh Kennedy from Sydney) but they won’t play him. He’s the future of this club, get him in!

We can make all the excuses we want about travel and injury but the glaring truth is we are a soft club, we needed gut running when the game was up for grabs and yet again we’re found wanting.
I’m off to Europe for 6 weeks in June - July and was originally disappointed I would miss such a large part of the season now I wish I was going for longer.

Let’s talk about Crossley
Suns have got themselves a player
Versatile
Aggressive
Epic mo
Goal kicker
Gold Coaster
Skilful
and only 18 years old

Needs convert that baby fat into muscle thou.

and as others have mentioned his Mum is easy on the eye

Thought your mob played well, any other deck and you win that game.

The AFL have really ****ed you with travel, it’s not good and hopefully in future seasons this doesn’t occur.

Mate you have obviously never lived on the GC .
Came up from melb * years ago weather for ten months is absolutely perfect.
Two bad months June July temp drops to 20- 22.
Lived in Melb 50 years a lot more storms there than here.
Melbourne is a great place ,just the weather crap!
Having a bit of fun with tgge other guy who made a smart Alex crack at Ballarat weather ... it's cool (pun intended) man!

Iv been thinking that Dew has the following in mind...

Play the likes of Holman, Young, Rosa, Rischa ect... early on in the season during all the travel. These are hardened bodies that can handle it better than the younger guys. After the break and once we have our home ground back we can start getting more young guys in and give it a good shake to finish the year off.

Also these older guys who might not be best 22, allow us to not rush young guys back in. This is something we havnt done very well over the years.
I really like this plan.

I hope this is what he has in mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back