Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Leo Barry?

How'd I go?

Great mark and a nice predictable choice but sorry. Why not Buchanan who moments before kicked the goal that put Sydney in front? You could say Buchanan won the game and Leo saved it. Or was it Jason Ball who won the crucial ruck contest and pushed the ball towards the goals and into Buchanan's path? I always rated Barry Hall's goal early in the 4th as a big influence on Sydney's win. But it's a dumb question by Gethlered. If you want to play this silly game you have to define the criteria for what constitutes an individual winning a GF for his team.

The thing is it's a team game - teams win GFs. I never saw a headline "Boyd defeats Sydney" in 2016.

Great mark and a nice predictable choice but sorry. Why not Buchanan who moments before kicked the goal that put Sydney in front? You could say Buchanan won the game and Leo saved it. Or was it Jason Ball who won the crucial ruck contest and pushed the ball towards the goals and into Buchanan's path? I always rated Barry Hall's goal early in the 4th as a big influence on Sydney's win. But it's a dumb question by Gethlered. If you want to play this silly game you have to define the criteria for what constitutes an individual winning a GF for his team.

The thing is it's a team game - teams win GFs. I never saw a headline "Boyd defeats Sydney" in 2016.

Man, I was just ribbing you. No individual ever wins a GF. just that some contribute more than others.

???

Without jumping into something that I've only seen the tail end of, I find it tremendously ironic that you accuse others of demeaning any opinion without discussion when your customary argument style is to ignore whatever anyone responding to you says in order to bounce off into another long winded rant on what you were already talking about. Then, you ponder in posts like this one why people can't be civil, despite you ignoring them and their arguments in your posts.

C2DB, come along before the matches sometimes. Have a chat on the non-footy related stuff, or some of the other threads in here not immediately concerning the losses or the coach's supposed inadequacies. Talk to people, and let them get a feel for you outside of the stuff you post after we've lost a game. cookie monster has been a vastly superior poster this year because despite his criticism and his occasional gesture in the direction of biting sarcasm he's stuck around, posting during the week and respecting other people's points of view when they're not directly attacking him for being negative.

This is a good place to be for Carlton supporters, or at least it can be when we're not actively schisming off to our camps.

I’ll take you up on that offer, maybe in person discussion will find more middle ground that words on a screen can’t

if we win another spoon you won't get those players in and the players that are in will continue to be spanked

I'm not sure why you don't have concerns

football is a ruthless business and there's 17 other clubs that don't think that everything is just going to fall in place

would you call yourself a super optimist?

This really is “chicken and egg” stuff.

4 years ago we were a wooden spoon team with a maxed out TPP and an overpaid ageing/crap list.

So no decent player in their right mind would come to us.

How do we get up the ladder if good mature players won’t come to us? Eg Rockliff, Smith, Shiel etc etc.

So we have no choice but to hit the draft hard - but the consequences are we stay on the bottom for another 3 years.

Just a vicious circle that we are still to get out of.

What if Leo was outmarked.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alrighty I think we need to end this here. if there is a line you have gone over it

Abusing "angry old men" isn't going to help your cause. especially from where I sit

Calling someone a "demanding little bumper sticker" vs "old" ??? not sure one is more or less condescending than the other.

I think if you're going to be the third man in and self appointed arbiter of justice, then you at least need to be fair.

Guess the AFL couldn't afford to pay him $2mill full time?

They paid him to be a steady hand with excellent media relationships to restore Melbourne’s standing in the game. They weren’t paying him to coach. All the other coaches there were doing the oppo scouting etc. mostly he got in the way of developing their game plan and insisted they be Uber defensive when the other coaches wanted the team to be more expansive.

Back