Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
patronized, a grown man should never be referred to as adorable.

Pretty sure that's dependent on who refers to that grown man as adorable. I've met more than a couple that'd give me a warm feeling about being referred to that way. Although nowadays I'd think it patronising.

Just one more thing I've noticed as I've grown older. Often walk past a young lady in the street lately and get a warm smile, never ******* happened when I was 20.:eek:

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Need to get rid of a a few players still, Levi has been at the club oh so long and still can't kick or chase.

Plowman well what more needs to be said? Not sure what to make of him laughing, some people react differently to pressure etc, but he makes the same errors every game every year, nothing is changing.

Phillips yeah, nah, Lobbe yeah nah.

We don't have any ruck options, but yet we are content with hacks in the rucks.

Kruz should have traded him a while ago, always injured.

Murphy not a leader and has never been, should have got rid of him when we had the chance, not he is contracted for another 2 years?

The sad thing is that Murphy, Kruzer, Gibbs never became the players we wanted, they were never elite, all they were is decent to good.

Do we have a plan B?

We keep saying we are young, yes we are young but its been close to a 100 games and yet we keep making the same mistakes we have been making for 18 years. We have so many high draft picks and nothing is changing or has changed.

We keep saying we are young, yes we are young but its been close to a 100 games and yet we keep making the same mistakes we have been making for 18 years. We have so many high draft picks and nothing is changing or has changed.

garbage.........again......

Curnivore

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty sure that's dependent on who refers to that grown man as adorable. I've met more than a couple that'd give me a warm feeling about being referred to that way. Although nowadays I'd think it patronising.

Just one more thing I've noticed as I've grown older. Often walk past a young lady in the street lately and get a warm smile, never ******* happened when I was 20.:eek:
Macca isn't adorable, you are insightful and adorable, don't let him bring you down Blue H

marcjudd

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Celtics
One thing I’ve noticed is good sides have smart players in the backline. Carlton not so plowman O’Brien marchbank poor decision markers and even poorer under pressure

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Need to get rid of a a few players still, Levi has been at the club oh so long and still can't kick or chase.

Plowman well what more needs to be said? Not sure what to make of him laughing, some people react differently to pressure etc, but he makes the same errors every game every year, nothing is changing.

Phillips yeah, nah, Lobbe yeah nah.

We don't have any ruck options, but yet we are content with hacks in the rucks.

Kruz should have traded him a while ago, always injured.

Murphy not a leader and has never been, should have got rid of him when we had the chance, not he is contracted for another 2 years?

The sad thing is that Murphy, Kruzer, Gibbs never became the players we wanted, they were never elite, all they were is decent to good.

Do we have a plan B?

100 games? I must have been in a coma for a season

macca_74

Senior List
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I disagree on lowering our expectations. We have lost two games by a matter of seconds and had opportunities in all bar North. We need to learn to win. What we need to do as a supporter base on Bigfooty is to stop screaming 'sack the coach' after every loss, or defend him blindly.
I agree with you for the most part but to be honest I don’t see too many screaming for Bolts to be sacked immediately rather just voicing their concerns about his coaching ability. The reaction to which seems to be an assumption that this means they want him sacked.

I personally have my concerns with the coaching however think it is not the right time to sack Bolts in a reactionary way. As much as I now have my doubts on him as a coach I would love nothing more for him to prove to everyone that he is the man for the job as I really hoped he would be from day one. I’m pretty sure most who have questioned Bolts would feel the same way.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
I have never seen a player take longer in their kicking action than Marchbank. He is often out in space when he commences the hand-to-foot process but by the time he's actually trying to kick the ball he's getting bumped/tackled.

It's insane and something that needs to be rectified if he's going to become even a decent player at AFL level.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I have never seen a player take longer in their kicking action than Marchbank. He is often out in space when he commences the hand-to-foot process but by the time he's actually trying to kick the ball he's getting bumped/tackled.

It's insane and something that needs to be rectified if he's going to become even a decent player at AFL level.
Then watch Goddard, glacial ball drop.

Marchy is compounding this by taking ages to decide where to kick the ball.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
I agree with you for the most part but to be honest I don’t see too many screaming for Bolts to be sacked immediately rather just voicing their concerns about his coaching ability. The reaction to which seems to be an assumption that this means they want him sacked.

I personally have my concerns with the coaching however think it is not the right time to sack Bolts in a reactionary way. As much as I now have my doubts on him as a coach I would love nothing more for him to prove to everyone that he is the man for the job as I really hoped he would be from day one. I’m pretty sure most who have questioned Bolts would feel the same way.
I would hazard a guess that those concerns are founded purely on the fact of us losing. I bet Bolts was ok at half time v hawks. A genius in the making.

macca_74

Senior List
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I would hazard a guess that those concerns are founded purely on the fact of us losing. I bet Bolts was ok at half time v hawks. A genius in the making.
Seriously? I couldn’t care if we win or lose at the moment. Much more concerned with how we play. At the moment I have my doubts about systems, structures etc but that doubt has been building for some time now not based on one game, a win or a loss. Some think it’s all down to our inexperience and list. I can understand that point of view and believe it plays a part also. I certainly won’t try to belittle someone for holding that view. Grow up.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Not trying to beliitle anyone mate. I just happened to use your post as an example of what to me is an obvious thing.
I merely point out the percieved (to me) illogicality of a post and make a comment. I do it often around here with no malice intended ever. As many have said its a forum and thats what we do.

I find it bizarre that you can claim to not care if we win or lose but have concerns about coaching and the style of play. Makes no sense to me
But I reiterate. If we had won more games then the concerns wouldnt exist.

macca_74

Senior List
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Not trying to beliitle anyone mate. I just happened to use your post as an example of what to me is an obvious thing.
I merely point out the percieved (to me) illogicality of a post and make a comment. I do it often around here with no malice intended ever. As many have said its a forum and thats what we do.

I find it bizarre that you can claim to not care if we win or lose but have concerns about coaching and the style of play. Makes no sense to me
But I reiterate. If we had won more games then the concerns wouldnt exist.
That’s not what you did though. You actually kind of proved my point in that any questioning of Bolton is met with over reaction.

You’re taking it too literally. Of course I want us to win it’s just not what I gauge our progress on which is what you suggested I was doing. I’d be happier to lose but feel confident that everything is on track rather than win an occasional game but still not be convinced that it’s sustainable.

Of course if we had won more games the concerns would be less but I disagree that they wouldn’t exist at all. Out of the two games that we could have or should have won the Gold Coast game was just poor from both teams. In regards to the Hawks game had we snuck over the line it still would have been concerning how we played for much of the game given context of previous season or so.

By the way I’ve said it’s not the right time to sack Bolts. I sincerely hope amy concerns about his ability turn out to be unfounded and he and the team turns it around.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously? I couldn’t care if we win or lose at the moment. Much more concerned with how we play. At the moment I have my doubts about systems, structures etc but that doubt has been building for some time now not based on one game, a win or a loss. Some think it’s all down to our inexperience and list. I can understand that point of view and believe it plays a part also. I certainly won’t try to belittle someone for holding that view. Grow up.

What?

Back