Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was the last freo player managed/rested for soreness after being BOG the week before?
I hazard a guess to say that’s never ever happened since 1995.

No idea why on earth people keep suggesting it 🤷‍♂️

It's because we value Fyfe so highly when he is at his best that we are scared to play him for fear of scratching it.

Damn that’s good to hear. Voss is a wrecking ball. He’s got the right stuff if he can develop his contested marking he’s a weapon. His football IQ & skills are a bit unknown but like Emmett he’s never going to lack effort or intent.

Treacy’s marking coming on has been one of the highlights of the year. If Voss can follow a similar trajectory we’ve got real depth in the talls now.

Just another elite winger & small forward & we’re close to set. I think Simpson is eventually going to be the super pacey breakaway midfielder we need.
Absolutely agree with this - literally a year ago Treacy had 'concrete hands' - his marking was the one question mark on his capacity. Amazing what a difference the year has made. Vossy is c10 months younger than Treacy - watch that space!

Honestly I've never understood caring much about ladder position anytime before like the last month. Please win the game because the season is done if we dont really
Ladder doesn’t matter in round 8 but season is over when you’re 0.500 at round 8 🤔

Ladder doesn’t matter in round 8 but season is over when you’re 0.500 at round 8 🤔
Season is over when you drop a 2nd game in 3 weeks to bottom 6 sides and already two games to teams fighting with you for a spot in the 8. The ladder is inconsequential

Season is over when you drop a 2nd game in 3 weeks to bottom 6 sides and already two games to teams fighting with you for a spot in the 8. The ladder is inconsequential
Should learn from Carlton and GWS last season that season isn’t over until it’s over

Should learn from Carlton and GWS last season that season isn’t over until it’s over
Two teams with a list that was dramatically underperforming for their demographic. We dont have that luxury to turn it around like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I've never understood caring much about ladder position anytime before like the last month. Please win the game because the season is done if we dont really
Haven’t even looked since at the ladder once this season. It only matters at the end of the season.
Our first objective is to get to 10 wins ASAP. Hopefully that’s by round 17 or so.
Then you start targeting the 3 more wins needed for finals.

THEN - have a look at the ladder for sure and see the possibilities with 2 or 3 rounds to go.

I always assume the physics of Dockery state that, for every unexpected loss to a bottom 6 side we have, we will have an equally baffling win away against a top 4 side, which evens out.

It's the performance against teams around us that determine how we go for the year.

I’m as bullish on Simpson as anyone but I actually think it’s the right call at this stage of his career.

Realistically he’s competing with Walters, Freddy & to an extent Emmett& even Johnson/O’Meara a starting position.

And Switkowski

Harvey Thomas just named sub from the field

Just jotting that in here so we know its possible in future weeks, seems like its rare like dropping from the field after squads are named but it is technically possible.

Harvey Thomas just named sub from the field

Just jotting that in here so we know its possible in future weeks, seems like its rare like dropping from the field after squads are named but it is technically possible.
The fact Jones managed to hold his spot on field is an interesting discussion point in itself compared to inevitable sub we will name tomorrow

The fact Jones managed to hold his spot on field is an interesting discussion point in itself compared to inevitable sub we will name tomorrow
Realistically Jones played better than Thomas last week and thomas is only a 5 gamer

Can we argue that Simpson played better than Emmett? (the only similar kind of swap) Possibly? but then factor in that Emmett is probably more of a pressure forward than a ball user and it gets murky

Realistically Jones played better than Thomas last week and thomas is only a 5 gamer

Can we argue that Simpson played better than Emmett? (the only similar kind of swap) Possibly? but then factor in that Emmett is probably more of a pressure forward than a ball user and it gets murky
Sure but Thomas wasn’t doing a lot wrong, someone else was just better so he lost his spot. I’m pretty sure we can find someone in that highly talented brigade of under 190cm forwards that are actually doing a decent bit wrong.

Danger game just like the derby, we are expected to win and the opposition has nothing to lose.

Need to smash them and get our season up and away!
As I posted... Tigers along with the crows are one of the rare teams we have never thumped away from home despite getting a few away wins vs Richmond since 2010.

Again.... I am not underestimating Richmond.

But yeah I will be happy getting a 3-5 goal win or won by 15-30 points with no injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back