Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Switta is an automatic In if fit. Not sure who comes out, perhaps someone gets managed this week. Maybe JOM with the short turnaround to next week?

Great to see Simpson show his potential but another game as Sub won’t hurt. He’ll be a regular soon enough if he keeps going at his current trajectory.

I went back and watched the replay with a specific focus on Johnson. He is definitely playing the defensive mid role when rotating into the midfield while the others go to work on extracting the ball.
Did you pick up any trends with Johnson's decision making? Did you recall/notice if he was more attacking or defensive with his handballs and/or kicks (and whether that varied under pressure, time of game etc)?

I went back and watched the replay with a specific focus on Johnson. He is definitely playing the defensive mid role when rotating into the midfield while the others go to work on extracting the ball.
He had some very good moments. Some of the stuff he does in traffic is outstanding.

He had some very good moments. Some of the stuff he does in traffic is outstanding.
He is definitely being groomed as the Fyfe successor, right now though with 4 inside mids playing they are struggling to get him the inside minutes he needs, I thought he would be good in a wing with his pace size and disposal but he seems to get lost/ignored too often, Banfield is providing so much more than He is.
Clearly we also have JOM competing for both Wing and inside minutes and Johnson seems the least favoured judging by his TOG %.

If anyone should be rested it should be Sonny. Gives us a chance to bring back Switta and keep Simpson in.

Simpson showed just flashes and would be good for him to build some continuity

Out: Voss, Walters, Draper

In: Amiss, Switta, Davies

If anyone should be rested it should be Sonny. Gives us a chance to bring back Switta and keep Simpson in.

While I agree with the Walters call he ain’t getting dropped. Liked Voss first game. Slotted right in.

Wouldn't surprise me if Amiss is recalled for Draper and then Banfield plays back. Keep Switta fresh and don't risk Draper with a view towards the game vs Sydney off the 5 day break

I feel like Son Son could be rested for some of the away games so that he gets more family time, buthe's such an important role model for the kids

Wouldn't surprise me if Amiss is recalled for Draper and then Banfield plays back. Keep Switta fresh and don't risk Draper with a view towards the game vs Sydney off the 5 day break
Playing Banfield back, after kicking three, including the matchwinner, would smell like of bottle of fully imported Eau De Dockery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing Banfield back, after kicking three, including the matchwinner, would smell like of bottle of fully imported Eau De Dockery.
Banfield's fate is still to be what the team needs most, so he'll play all over the shop. From what I've seen of him he's fastidious in his prep and to improve himself, so he'll do his best to make a fist of it. Very much in the same vein as de Boer I reckon.

There are other good options for the backline waiting in the wings. So probably be kept forward.

I think it’s so obvious. It’s not a bad thing to be rested and play 65 or 70% of the games and prolong your career at his age. Allows the new younger players to develop.

His form is also mixed which I’m sure is just a case of needing to be refreshed combined with ageing and slowing down.

Rest him for the odd away game.

Noting I saw both Treacy and JOM and Aish trying to cover for Draper at various points after he came off...

I'd be interested to see if we could maybe get away with not promoting Davies yet, and instead keeping Voss in, and having a combo of Young/Johnson/Aish/Chapman rotate and cover the smallest of the 3 "big" Richmond forwards?

Especially on the MCG with its bigger spaces?
But if Amiss doesn't get up, or there are hammy tweaks to the likes of Freddy, forget what I am saying.

I would’ve had Emmett out with bringing Switta in slightly underdone fwiw but Emmet saved us a few times in the 4th. He stays for now.
Switkowski really should play Peel. Hardly set the world on fire.
A few on reputation at this point.
Walters
JOM
Switkowski if he comes in.

To an lesser eztent
Johnson
Walker

I wouldn't be rushing Amiss back. Even if it was a "regular" concussion, there is no harm in giving him another week off. Play it safe. He was also struggling after the slam into the post against Brisbane and wasn't giving us much more than Voss did last night. I'd make the change for the Sydney game, which will be off a short break.
Also think Fyfe may be rested for this one, and be fresh v Sydney.
Can try and play Brodie with Voss in too. But really opening up for Richmond to have a crack.

I'd rather just give Davies a game rather than try and be creative. He isn't any more than 1-5% behind Draper imo.

He'll be better for it when required next year, the year after etc. He's close enough to ready IMO.

All this is said assuming Draper is out of course, which he might not be.

Given the clubs recent conservative trend of taking players off the ground for awareness, it doesn’t make sense they’d play them the following week if there was an elevated risk. Not saying Draper won’t play, but if he does I trust he’s good to go.

It seems the club has pivoted after the Cox round 1 injury eg. Being super conservative about bringing Darcy back for the port game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back