Game Day Rd 8 Geelong V Nth Melbourne Sun 12th May 2019 1:10pm at Colonial Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday 12 May...

Its Mothers day.

Battle of the Scott's for the right to be son #1 to give her a hug and kiss after the game.

For us, 6-1 coming into the "easier" part of the 2019 fixture - at least at first glance 3 months ago - but now its more dangerous than ever.

The record says we are good. #1 vs #17. Should be easy. The problem with that theory is historically we dont do so well with easy.

But is this a historical team that will just drop off on the easy ones or is this something different - where the foot stays on the loud pedal and keeps accelerating?

So far, the repeats of seasons past have not become overly apparent. Lets keep them at bay .

No doubt will be harder as the injuries start to rise and the 22 used suddenly heads towards 28.

We should get this done today but be off by 5%, give the a sniff and anything can happen

GO Catters

Looking forward to today's game. As strange as this sounds, this could be a test, albeit in a very different way than what it has been against the good sides we've played the last few weeks. North are rubbish, but we've been tripped up by these sides in the past when we have turned up not mentally switched on and haven't brought the required intensity. If we bring both of these things today, we will win easily. If not..

Last edited:

Should be winning this game comfortably 25 plus north generally play well at Etihad *marvel* whatever it is called now. Had a good win vs blues last week so need to keep professional.

Injury front Selwood, Dangerfield, Ablett interested to see the team at around 12 before the bounce

Danger game -

- Injured players (really shouldn’t be risking Dangerfield or Sav)
- likely tiredness, least for the younger players, after a number of big games
- first game at Marvel against a team that is very good on paper and coming into form.
- Goldy will cause big problems as I suspect will their mid running and small forwards.

A better test than the odds would infer.

We past the first test 6-1 the tough start,this is test 2 the perceived "easier one "why am I nervous about today? should be an 8 to 10 goal smashing more likely to be a hard fort under 3 goal slog.
Nervous because this is definitely the kind of game we stumble on... over and faceplant on.

Should be a solid win on form and 2019 history - but who knows.

Agree with the preferred 10 goal win but being 17 points at the end would not surprise me

And are you hinting at a late change with your “fort” reference of just a bad grammar moment lol
Go Catters

Nervous because this is definitely the kind of game we stumble on... over and faceplant on.

Should be a solid win on form and 2019 history - but who knows.

Agree with the preferred 10 goal win but being 17 points at the end would not surprise me

And are you hinting at a late change with your “fort” reference of just a bad grammar moment lol
Go Catters
You have been here long enough to know my spelling is suspect at best.

I've watched Nth A bit this year and if you apply pressure to their defense they crumble. They don't have any cool heads down back which is why I see us winning this comfortably. Our forward pressure will be too much.

I'm shattered Thompson is out too.

No Thompson and their defence looks quite weak.

Think we will probably just get the job done and win by 3-4 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit nervous - we’ve been remarkably consistent this year and are surely due a down game. The injury clouds over Danger, Sel and Ablett are worrying.

Will be more than satisfied with a three goal win after a scrapfest similar to Collingwood’s win yesterday.

Fixed it.
The ground names will always be Princess Park, Kardinia Park, Docklands, etc, as far as I'm concerned. Screw the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back