Review Rd 8 Port vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I still believe in the leap year theory. We’re still top and will beat Melbourne on Thursday. The boys had no legs, umpires no balls.
We will run and carry, smoking Melbourne to stay top and then win at home.
Please be true. I've just got the email telling me I can try for a ticket to the next home game, it's a long time since I saw them win live.

Saints fans are still haha reacting my posts in here. They should be more focused on their own mediocre, good for nothing, joke of the competition, success starved, controversy ridden, pitifully run, sellout, embarrassing and laughable club. They got into the league in the first place off of god knows what and didn’t win a game for their first 3 seasons, and fluked their one flag then managing to sh*t the bed in any game of importance. It can be embarrassing to go for Port at times like this but fu** me, at least I’m not a Saints supporter.
I’d be more worried about your own team, for all the “proud history” this club tries to claim some of the things I saw at the game tonight were laughable.
1. Your big key CHF/FF putting his hand to his ear and coming to the fence to interact with opposition supporters when a team mate is having a set shot at the cathedral end goals. Dropped countless uncontested marks and kick 1 goal and you carry on like that. I wouldn’t be proud of that if that was anyone at my club not when the game is still well and truly up for grabs

2. Watching Robert gray run sideways away from the ball or contest when he is the closest one because he wants to get an easy handball and try and do something fancy rather than get a hard ball and do the basics of the game. Also flops at every contest if there is a bit of pressure or contact - first quarter didnt get the free kick he wanted so he turned around and cracked it with the arms out to the umpire instead of chasing the ball. Two saints players chased it and ran it out the back 50. The guy has unbelievable skill, can beat and get around anybody and is a great goal kicker but does these things far to often, such a waste of talent.

The saints won the game by being superior in the ruck and with the clearances, they also roved the ball better and made more use of inside 50s NOT because of the umpiring. To sit top and carry on how good you are and get beaten by a team that had a 4 day break and traveled twice in a week along with the scenes of some supporters on the television, that’s true embarrassment

Anyway happy days

I’d be more worried about your own team, for all the “proud history” this club tries to claim some of the things I saw at the game tonight were laughable.
1. Your big key CHF/FF putting his hand to his ear and coming to the fence to interact with opposition supporters when a team mate is having a set shot at the cathedral end goals. Dropped countless uncontested marks and kick 1 goal and you carry on like that. I wouldn’t be proud of that if that was anyone at my club not when the game is still well and truly up for grabs

2. Watching Robert gray run sideways away from the ball or contest when he is the closest one because he wants to get an easy handball and try and do something fancy rather than get a hard ball and do the basics of the game. Also flops at every contest if there is a bit of pressure or contact - first quarter didnt get the free kick he wanted so he turned around and cracked it with the arms out to the umpire instead of chasing the ball. Two saints players chased it and ran it out the back 50. The guy has unbelievable skill, can beat and get around anybody and is a great goal kicker but does these things far to often, such a waste of talent.

The saints won the game by being superior in the ruck and with the clearances, they also roved the ball better and made more use of inside 50s NOT because of the umpiring. To sit top and carry on how good you are and get beaten by a team that had a 4 day break and traveled twice in a week along with the scenes of some supporters on the television, that’s true embarrassment

Anyway happy days

You won because our #1 ruck was out injured and the umpires gifted you 6 shots at goal while not paying us one free kick inside 50 for the entire game. Congratulations, I guess?

Anyway happy days
Almost as happy a days as the '09 and '10 grand finals.

Anyway happy days
We are usually very welcoming towards opposing supporters. The whole issue is that many Saints supporters (not all) have come here and showed themselves incapable of enjoying the win, talking about the game, and trading healthy banter, all while respecting the opposing supporters at their own home.

Last edited:

Anyway happy days
You must have an interesting life posting this at 11pm on Sunday night on an opposition board. I was having hot sex and woke up this morning sitting on top of ladder. So we played sh$t, but what a gonad hopping onto oppo boards ripping into R Gray. Room of mirrors you need to enter

Anyway happy days
Loll
So brave aren’t you.. didn’t notice you having to catch 530 am flights to play at midday though. Gifted night games for your flights so you could have your little sleep ins. Brought the umps with you too after Ratts sooked Up and about on an oppo board after a few wins after decades of mediocrity. You are the one who should be embarrassed. Reported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two days later and it's sunk in a bit. If we can't beat St Kilda at home with our first crowd of the season, we are deservedly back in the pack.

Yeah the umpiring sucked and kept them in the game for three quarters whilst we struggled in forward 50. That wasn't the first, and won't be the last, time that happens. The best teams rise above that. Same with the crappy travel schedules, which seem to be unique to us.

The next four games are key. Even splitting those would put us in a strong position, but I honestly can't see it on Saturday's performance. We know the umpiring isn't getting any better, it's just a question whether we can be, despite a growing injury list and the need to rotate players.

The midfield mix is worrying, we don't seem to have nailed that yet.

Anyway happy days

Ok well

1) Does St Kilda even have a CHF? Genuine question.

2) R Gray will go down as one of the champions of the game. Does the current St Kilda list even have a player that earned an All Australian spot as a St Kilda player?

3) True embarrassment is beating a Hinkley-coached team 8 years into tenure and thinking you’re world beaters. Either port are decent and you’ve beaten a good team or port are bad and so the win means nothing for St Kilda. Which one is it?

Anyway happy days
Hey mate, don't be a campaigner, here's a nice forum for you: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/adelaide.15/
These guys can use your expertise on wooden spoons, it will be an instant connection

You aren’t a sore loser at all, are you?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyway happy days
Hi guys, thanks for you contributions.

Did you know that your club has won the wooden spoon more often than it's made the finals?

Anyway happy days
You’ve always had it in for us for some reason, even on the FJGD board so not surprised you’re here

lol pretty much every saints supporter I've ever met is a nice, chilled out person, one of many reasons I'd have them as one of my favourite non-Port clubs. You'd have to be nice to stick by a franchise that's only known for granting happiness to other clubs.

Posts in here are incredible
Exactly, couldn’t be more different from each other, incredibly baffling

Anyway happy days
Port Adelaide has ruined your and buzzato dasilvas mind. Which SANFL club is it?

Actually Robbie was scragged without the ball, and after not receiving a legitimate free, chased the Saints player, tackled him forcing him to drop the ball again without the correct umpiring call

We didn't play at our best no doubt, but the theme of the umpiring in the above example was evident favouring the Saints all game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back