Preview Rd 8. SUNS vs GWS @ Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Could someone enlighten me as to why guys like Shaw, Russell, Stanley (who were best 22 players in Bluey's era) are so out of favour under Rocket? They dominate the reserves every week and still rarely get a game even with injuries.
Russell get 35+ disposals in reserves, gets a run in the seniors. Touches it 3 times,Stanley spuds it up in the twos.. Hope he never gets a run in the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ogopogo

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Oilers, Mariners, Clippers
What happened to the Aaron Hall of the first three rounds? Did some of the slackers tell him to dial it down?

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You mean we're not watching the reserves right now...?
I mean, Rocket clearly favours players like Sexton, Lemmens, Miller, Grant, Lonergan and Martin (these players always get a game no matter how bad or inconsistent they are).
Russell get 35+ disposals in reserves, gets a run in the seniors. Touches it 3 times,Stanley spuds it up in the twos.. Hope he never gets a run in the seniors
Maybe if they let Russell have a turn in the midfield then maybe he'd have more disposals. Was drafted as a midfielder but never got a chance there at afl level. Hard to touch the ball when the ball's not going inside 50 too.
As for Stanley, he was leading goalkicker as a forward in 2011, and top 10 in the b&f the 3 years following that as a defender and midfielder. His versatility and toughness is something the side needs imo.

All I'm saying is stop favouring some players, and reward good reserves form. Also, last year guys like Downie, Broughton and Raines also didn't have their good form rewarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back