Autopsy Rd 8: That winning feeling... Swans vs. Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes OK. Sorry !

I would luv to think he could become a dominant CHF - we'll see. That takes a special flair - Tom seems rather a cool level head type .

But look at the important kicks eg the E Taylor goal it was clear ahead vision long kick. Was it him also put it over the back for Papley's run?

Swans and most modern football is about rebound on turnover. Allir is not my choice at CHB, he has to be free in space. Especially when there is no decent ruckman and poor centre clearance nor kick behind play marker

Anyway, I am convinced Joe Daniher comes 2021 for free. If Buddy goes on (please at least 1 more) and Reid is available , then I am trying to anticipate where such a talent is best used.

Defence wins premierships -but not the medals.
Reid is also 30 next year with a history of missing large parts of seasons with injury. Whilst defense might win you a premiership we still need to be able to score

Mills offered nothing offensive in the mids IMO.
He's almost a defensive mid. That can block a zone around the contest.
He's very one paced.
Will take Rampes spot now I guess...

They'll need to get some size given Rampe plays way above his anyway.
Maibaum to debut or Brand coming back from injury. I'd actually like to see both tbh.

Rampe * me broken wrist and plays like that

have to just be amazed by some players

On ling , I know we get caught up in stupid comparisons and who know may end up a dud but he reminded me of Malceski In the second half

Thanks for that. Any time, day or night, I’ll hapley watch Papley.

Having watched the video there was no acknowledgement of Reid’s tap down which was sublime and there was no acknowledgement of E Taylor blocking in that goal either. Paps has mercurial talent undisputed but can’t help feel a little deflated at noticing that.

As for all this BS around laughing in someone’s face....very ugly look

Do people actually have an issue for Papley giving it to Mitchell after he kicked a goal on him?
I don't think it's a great display for kids playing the game, no.
I get it's testosterone driven sport, but as noted above - that doesn't have to mean you being an a-hole.
If anyone had done that to me in rugby, they end up flat on their back, and not from a wussy shove either.
Happy to take the free Papley got though. :sweatsmile:

I don't think it's a great display for kids playing the game, no.
I get it's testosterone driven sport, but as noted above - that doesn't have to mean you being an a-hole.
If anyone had done that to me in rugby, they end up flat on their back, and not from a wussy shove either.
Happy to take the free Papley got though. :sweatsmile:
It was a bit of lip and nothing was said that was inappropriate (that I have heard, anyway). But if they can all shake hands (or bump elbows it is 2020 after all) after the game, that's sportsmanship

Saw a few comments about Bell hanging back in the mids.
We've long needed someone to do that - not ball chase but be ready on their feet for the outlet handball, or ball just coming free.
I imagine that was his brief - but it didn't really happen to work out much on the day.

It was a bit of lip and nothing was said that was inappropriate (that I have heard, anyway). But if they can all shake hands (or bump elbows it is 2020 after all) after the game, that's sportsmanship
A bit more than "a bit of lip", got right in his face, shoving him and yelling.
Each to their own I guess - but it's "sportsmanship" with a broken jaw if it were me.

Every now and then you win a game so devastatingly well - or in this case, you just win - and in the rear view mirror you can see all the carnage and recrimations you've left behind. Fantastic weekend of headlines about Clarkson's BS attack on Papley, Clarkson vs Kennet, Clarkson's terrible list management, Hawks needing to drop their captain. Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people actually have an issue for Papley giving it to Mitchell after he kicked a goal on him?

Not at all more of it please

A bit more than "a bit of lip", got right in his face, shoving him and yelling.
Each to their own I guess - but it's "sportsmanship" with a broken jaw if it were me.
If that's the case I'd like to think you wouldn't have been Mitchell and been lippy in the lead up to getting a goal kicked on you?

In 2017 when We had the 6 straight losses I remember The blues targeting mills and no one gave a whimper , we need to be aggressive, and be the aggressor

Having watched the video there was no acknowledgement of Reid’s tap down which was sublime and there was no acknowledgement of E Taylor blocking in that goal either. Paps has mercurial talent undisputed but can’t help feel a little deflated at noticing that.

As for all this BS around laughing in someone’s face....very ugly look

I agree , it was a sublime bit of unselfish tap-work that handed the goal to Papley. Should have been acknowledged.

Noticed this last week but Saturday confirmed for me that Harry Cunningham is a very good tackler.

Over the years he usually has been.

Feel like Cunningham has always been pretty harshly judged on here, his not the greatest player in the world, but his solid and generally does his job week in and out.

**** me are we allowed to do anything? Stretchers, runners, goal posts, trading, taunting...

Swans player: *breathes*

AFL: Inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide implies that footballers are humans, not exciting, athletic cyborgs, thereby bringing the game and the code into disrepute. Light panting will be met with $2000 sanctions with the possibility of an umpire's adjudication in match situations. Incidents of heavy breathing will be referred directly to the AFL Tribunal.

Rampe fu** me broken wrist and plays like that

have to just be amazed by some players

On ling , I know we get caught up in stupid comparisons and who know may end up a dud but he reminded me of Malceski In the second half
If he snaps over the shoulder to win us the 2023 flag, I’ll deem the comparison spot-on.

If he snaps over the shoulder to win us the 2023 flag, I’ll deem the comparison spot-on.

It was just a couple of passages he looked like him

I mean he looked like Paul chambers at times too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back