Preview Rd 8 v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe I forgot MacDonald!!

But Turner isn't likely to be played back by Brad is he?

I like the idea if we don't need a taller back line
Turner played back last week

100% a better option than Wright or Macmillan back there. Actually had mongrel and won’t get beaten unlike the other 2

i
Turner played back last week

100% a better option than Wright or Macmillan back there. Actually had mongrel and won’t get beaten unlike the other 2

I like it and FINALLY we have a legit small forward or a form mid/forward we can bring in

Boy we would look so different too I reckon.

I'd say he's pretty close to getting a game, between him & Taylor they're every chance to play at least one game this year.

Brad rates Kyron, which in hindsight is obvious because Ben Jacobs is a pillar on which we used to handle games, so I'm happy we've found a backup in Hayden to fill that role.

Indeed
Been a notable shortage of pillar handling of late

Played well against Carlton.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had a kid who played well in colts a couple of times, but I'm not moving him into league. Wright isn't the player he was, and it's a lotto pick to see what you get from week to week. Geelong are going to burn him, can't compare last week to this week as far as opposition is concerned. I hope I'm wrong, but that's a wait and see.

Not to mention it is big footy where there are more negative opinions that positive ones. If you don't want disagreement, maybe don't share your thoughts on an internet forum with strangers

Sorry mate but a recent meta data analysis (Major Major et al UL 2018) of BF posts (3,653,421 over a ten year period) found that 51% of posts could be categorised as positive, 48% of posts categorised as negative and 1% neutral (depending on your point of view)

I don't mind that team. We could bring in more young players BUT against Geelong, I would rather see how a healthy-stronger North would go against the absolute best rather than have young players take crucial positions. Brad Scott won't have an excuse with a backline as experienced as that, a midfield with all the stars in there, and a forward line with wolves and giants. Genuine exposure towards our senior players is a must to see if we can retain some of that experience when the doors open for delisting/list management.

Will be going, will be very intrigued as to how North go. If Durdin comes in for Thommo, the team has to work extra hard to support him. They cannot allow too easy ball to come in and destroy his confidence. Team needs to be switched on.

I honestly don't expect Geelong to win by a lot if they do, but expect North to be the best they can be. Definitely a wildcard sort of game considering we can match them well at Docklands.

Disposal has to be near-perfect which could be a problem. I hope the team focused on skills this week!

It would be hilarious to see Geelong setup for a long kick from JZ, only for him to hit a bullet pass inside 50 to the shock of the whole North end. Jokes aside, I hope Jack tears up the midfield when he is in there. Even though I hated seeing him in there, he does seem to be having more impact instead of sitting forward.

I hope our backline holds up well to the ball coming in if it does come in occasionally with little pressure as it can happen at Marvel. It is a stadium that tests running capacity.

Forwards should be pushing up to provide options and defend well when it is not in their hands. It will take a lot of pressure off the mids.

Team just needs to be consistent in most aspects and should be fine. Geelong aren't completely invincible especially away from home.

TL: DR just show up North.

We have to take our opportunities in front of goal to be a chance. 1.9 or 1.7 in the first like previous weeks won’t do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly think this is the difference to us having a chance. Decent start and some clinical finishing will have us confident. We kick more than 4-5 points per goal in the first quarter and we'll likely see the heads drop. As much as Carlton didn't put up much of a fight last week the reality was that in Q1 we were brutal and efficient. It had less to do with them and more to do with us that quarter IMO, the same kind of start will see us well in it.

Very similar on the match ups this week - we are the second oldest team playing this week - only the Hawks at 26 years and 6 months are older.

North Melbourne Attribute Geelong
188.5cm Height 188.5cm
88.0kg Weight 89.5kg
26yr 3mth Age 26yr 0mth
111.2 Games 110.6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very similar on the match ups this week - we are the second oldest team playing this week - only the Hawks at 26 years and 6 months are older.

North Melbourne Attribute Geelong
188.5cm Height 188.5cm
88.0kg Weight 89.5kg
26yr 3mth Age 26yr 0mth
111.2 Games 110.6
1.5kg heavier on average

I wonder how much Hawkins skews that stat

I reckon the headlong rush to stick a fork in Wright here ranks with previous efforts with Thommo and Spud. The guy has missed a lot of footy, but is a proven talent. This is his third game back in the seniors. I’m hopeful for him. With LMac and EVW both out, It’s fair enough to play him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon the headlong rush to stick a fork in Wright here ranks with previous efforts with Thommo and Spud. The guy has missed a lot of footy, but is a proven talent. This is his third game back in the seniors. I’m hopeful for him. With LMac and EVW both out, It’s fair enough to play him.

Its risky bringing common sense and a love for faithful clubman in these parts!!

I 100% agree! Has a shown a bit and has been inching better each game.

Some people are never happy! Even if he is playing well they still want kids with 10 touches in the VFL to be playing ahead of seasoned incumbents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back