Preview Rd 9 2017 Preview: Sydney v St Kilda @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Tippet, Rampe, Rohan
OUT: Naismith, Mcv, Marsh

Rohan to take Marsh's spot down back to put real pressure on, and keep Jones in the mids for as much as possible.

You got the first bit right, I'd be pleased if you got the second correct as well.
Run out of defence, get St Kilda on the back foot .

Bruce has been out of form, but with Riewoldt hobbled not sure they have a link man in their team. Membrey probably the closest.
So more than happy if they just bomb the ball into their fwd line in the theory of make a contest and rely on the big mark or crumbers.
Comfortable that our defenders, particularly with Rampe back can handle that.

Longer is their only ruck (no Bruce, so probably Gilbert back up), so imperative that Sinclair/Tippett work him around the ground.

St Kilda bat deep in the mids (and plenty of size/grunt). Important for our 'second rungers' to step up.

Plenty of run in the St Kilda backline, so pressure is essential. Which makes me think Longmire may stick with Rohan up fwd.

Buddy, Reid need to get on their bikes and separate/isolate the Saints defenders. Tippett/Sinclair deep.
We have plenty of mobile mid sized fwds to cause them problems, with movement, marking capability.

Etihad holds no fears for us, they haven't beaten us since early 2012.
Looking forward to it.

Nah its not like that.
Rampe comes in for McVeigh. Yet rampe will shuffle to 2nd defense..melican to third. Newman will take McVeighs role. As he did last week. Rohan will swing . Mills plays back. Jones in front of Hb. Reid will play fwd more.
I hope that's the case. Just not sure how confident they are on Rampe's fitness in getting him to be second defender

Newman played McVeighs role. Albeit more attractively. Then the defense just shuffles along

Longmire doesn't want a creative rebounding defender stuffing up his static slow ultra defensive back line that has already been run over the top of in at least three games this year. He played the slowest player in the competition on a half back flank last week who lasted ten minutes. Gives you an idea of Longmire's philosophy and game plan regarding rebound off the half back line. Aliir is a real problem because he is mobile, reads the game coming at him and is horror of horrors prepared to leave his man to attack the ball. He commits the unforgivable sin of backing his judgement. Its OK to have Rampe doing this flashy risky stuff but two defenders? Nah a bridge too far. This taking on the game and backing his judgement trait must simply be disciplined out of Aliir's game. Its a joke isn't it?

Thing that strikes me is there is plenty who rated AA so highly last year they were prepared to say if he played in the GF we would have saluted. Now that is a defender held in high regard ! Now he seems to be on the scrap heap and some of the same who rated him highly are okay with this obvious bullshit Longmire is playing at and the absence of the one true defender in the club who has an attacking mindset.

Thing that strikes me is there is plenty who rated AA so highly last year they were prepared to say if he played in the GF we would have saluted. Now that is a defender held in high regard ! Now he seems to be on the scrap heap and some of the same who rated him highly are okay with this obvious bullshit Longmire is playing at and the absence of the one true defender in the club who has an attacking mindset.
Aliir will play...round ten.....then every week....imo

So that's when he is brought out of the naughty corner and his ******* ridiculous banishment ends ?
Lol in the past three weeks he's played.
Exceptional game in res.
Nothing.
Ok game in res.
Much like last year. They'll manage him.
Everyone was calling for his promotion early last year.
He'll play.

His second half of last season was great (apart from finals).

Looked unstoppable vs the Hawks at the SCG. That's what he's capable of.

With due respect that is the problem with maligned players in the ilk of Rohan & Tippett we know what they are capable of and we see cameos but rarely do we see it consistently. They have their detractors and they have their defenders but both are notorious for going missing when you need them most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our minds apply more credence to the last rounds of the season...finals...etc than the initial. We remember them more.. (disclaimer k.jack).

Getting stoked for this match. I fell whether we win or lose we'll play a good 4 quarters. Saints are no push over and showed against the Giants that they can match it with everyone. I still feel quietly confident we'll win this but expect it to be super close. 10 points in it

I want Tippett to play and earn his money!

Robinson yeah dont get the love, looks a list clogger like the number 6 replacement

He's no star but he is a Jake Lloyd type. Hasn't done much wrong in the few games he plays but doesn't star by any means.

Certainly better than Foote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back