Autopsy Rd 9 Belted by a ton ... few positives

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve read some interesting posts and instead of coming on here and saying the sky is falling it is pretty obvious that once again, year after year, we have been hit massively by injuries.

WTF is going on!

The fact 5hat we don’t have anywhere near our best 22 on the park shizens me to tears .... if it was one year okay .... but year after bloody year .... makes us have to player sub par depth players in our best 22 ... you know who you are ... no point bagging them.

This footy team jus5 can’t cop a break .... last 20 years.

The curse of Elliot maybe ... who the hell knows.

Very, very frustrating.

No excuse for sux a huge loss .... Bolton needs to tear some players a new one.

I will say this it doesn’t bode well for Smurph and his captaincy

The Bolton spray was another positive.....we looked like witches hats with our orange socks...lol

That's great in a long term lets sit back and analyse sorta way. But I can tell you for fact coaching young teams that getting hammered week in week out it breaks spirit and causes more loss to the sport (AND MOST CERTAINLY THE TEAM) as a whole.

If a coach does not have the cattle, he/she, plugs holes to stem the bleeding, be competitve. Its self preservation for the club because you lose good players by NOT doing this. Its not real estate. Its not buy a s**t house in the best street scenario ... ego's are involved. You will not get many players to front up week after week and try to carry a s**t team. Humans are humans.

The issue is Crush it's not week in week out. We WON last week. We lost to WCE by 10 points the week before. This week we were bad but a lot of the players that played yesterday won't be at the club in a year or 2. Side will even look very different in a month or so. In no way was yesterday representative of the side we will be playing in the near future

The younger players are fine. They will be hurt by yesterday but undertsand the position and were we are heading even if some supporters don't.

Yesterday was a bad day. Worst side we have put on the park in years against a side confident and on the up. Perfect storm

I expect with a decent run with injuries the second half of the year will be much better and we will get momentum into 2019. One thing I do know for sure is these young players are quality and resilent. Not only will they handle it but will be better for it.

I understand your point and it's sensible but on this occassion it's all good my friend :thumbsu:

The thing that makes this doubly damning is the fact that fricken Norf - a team I would consider chock full of similar list cloggers/B-graders/journeyman that was predicted to be bottom 4 has somehow completely turned it around in one season and look like being a finals side now with hardly a virtual star on the team.

Which makes me ask again and again - why have we been such a rabble for SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

#noexcuses

Left the ground yesterday and didn't feel too bad. Today I feel sad... So sad.

Hope you stayed til the end. Chin up. When it gets better you’ll look back and say “remember when”...

I sat through the entire game at Etihad about a decade ago when we got slaughtered by Brisbane. Absolutely terrible game with zero highlights. A few years later we started pushing for finals and even though we were never top 4, being there in 2011 I think it was and blowing away the Bombers in the Elimination Final made me forget that game pretty quickly.

Also as a matter of perspective, this isn’t quite the worst. Remember a few years ago against Hawthorn ? Record losing margin in the club’s history if I recall. Still sat through it. I think we were in danger at one point of having the lowest score achieved in VFL/AFL history?

I remember sitting in a wet and freezing Waverley while the Saints ran rampant over us in mid 1995. Forgot that pretty quickly (different circumstances I know, but it sucked and the Saints supporters were especially feral that day, plus the car was bogged in their “car park”).

Point is that there are 100% better years ahead and while it sucks at the time just try to have a laugh at it. Don’t be too distraught when if get a similar result this weekend.

The thing that makes this doubly damning is the fact that fricken Norf - a team I would consider chock full of similar list cloggers/B-graders/journeyman that was predicted to be bottom 4 has somehow completely turned it around in one season and look like being a finals side now with hardly a virtual star on the team.

Which makes me ask again and again - why have we been such a rabble for SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

#noexcuses

I can tell you why

#NorfHaveNoInjuredBest22Fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dot points..

no curnows no carlton.
ed is so under rated.
upside our depth played well nicky bling Graham an lamb...
harsh but kerr makes luke mitchell look a star
if oshea plays next week my liver is in danger.. also throw in garlett ..yuck yuck.

also where has the tempo footy from last year gone. slow it down lads..

#noexcuses

The thing with North is that they are still average (they only beat a totally depleted GWS at their home ground). What gets them along is they have a fair amount of maturity in their better players. Big bodies who go and give and take hits along the spine. This lets their lesser lights step up.

We have a total absence of this right now. In 2 years we are going to have two Ben Browns in the forward half in McKay and Curnow, just need to find Cripps some help, and the backline for me looks reasonable with the Doc back , Weitering enjoying footy again hopefully and some other mature cattle down there to be more monster less lettuce leaf.

Make no mistake North are still paper over cracks. Later this year or next it’ll fall apart.

I am really scratching my head to find a few positives from today but i did like the look of Patrick Kerr. Lousy game to debut in but i thought he did look like a forward option.

Hmm, that is all i have got.
I thought Harry played well.

Correct. Yarran has more natural talent in his little finger than Garlett does in his entire body.

I debate that HBF. Both extremely talented. I saw Garlett play some awesome footy at GCS. He has it but at the moment he is struggling and seems to be lacking confidence. Ball in hand looks great. I'm still hopeful. Had over a year off and for one so young it takes time.

Same.
I admire his endeavour, but his kicking yesterday was terrible.

I like both Kerridge & Graham and their attitude and work ethic. They can both find the ball but if you are to be a good AFL player in a good side you can't make the mistakes they both make week in week out. They either fix it or they won't last

Remove this Banner Ad

Back