Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Fremantle Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If he has deserved a senior game then I have no qualms with giving him one. But this feels like Deja-Vu MK15 for Jones, he has burnt it up in the reserves in the past and earnt a senior game only to be a complete non-event once he gets there.

The reason why posters have stated they don't want him in the senior team is because he has been a serious liability previously.

This is it for him now, if he fails in a defensive role then there isn't anywhere else that he can be played.
There's always a 'but'. You could have left it at the first first sentence.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plowman was very poor. Actually he has been pretty poor for a few games now. He started the season on fire, however I feel the last Month he has regressed to a level below his 2016 form.

SPS really needs a rest.

SOS seriously need to work on his goal kicking. 3 shots that really should have been goals.

We need to look into our setups deep in quarters.

Williamson is a bloody gun.

Out of all the games to drop White... happens to be the one where Rowe gets injured.
Marchy was pretty poor too.

I think they couldn't adjust in game when Rowe went down. Too many times going up for marks rather than spoiling and killing the contest allowing crumbed goals.

Simo and Doc also got beaten 1 on 1.

It didnt help that any time we tried to put pressure on freo were given a free kick.

You obviously don't watch many games do you champ, if you had, you'd know that Mathew has rucked this way pretty much his whole career, but keep the insults coming, its actually quite amusing.
And this makes it accpetable? What a ridiculous argument. Obviously im dealing with an intellectual giant here.
Fyi I have not missed a game in 5 years. Which means i know Krooz has never been consistently a dominant tap ruck but makes up for it in other areas. Unfortunately yesterday big sandi had a massive influence on the game in that area. Neither krooz or our mids were able to adapt.
You can not deny sandis influence!

Unfortunately missed the game today.

How did cuningham play?
This was my exact question too,also missed the game. Going by the stats he looked quiet, did he do any nice things? I was really bullish on Cunningham after seeing his highlight reel and training vids, but I haven't really seen him do anything at senior level which would back up my optimism. Iv seen great things from sps, fisher, sos and Charlie they all have a bit of "it" factor about them.

I must say boekhorst excited me a bit more than Cunningham with some of the things he has done in his first few games.
Left out Williamson, this kid definitely has "it" . What a hard nut!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this makes it accpetable? What a ridiculous argument. Obviously im dealing with an intellectual giant here.
Fyi I have not missed a game in 5 years. Which means i know Krooz has never been consistently a dominant tap ruck but makes up for it in other areas. Unfortunately yesterday big sandi had a massive influence on the game in that area. Neither krooz or our mids were able to adapt.

Your 'observation' about Kreuzer running around Sandilands instead of going at him - is ridiculous because you are suggesting that there is only one way to play against a taller and larger opponent. Kreuzer adapted his approach to try and nullify Sandilands ability to take front position and block using his body - I would point a finger at the ineptitude of the mids around the contest who have shown a total inability to read opposition taps or block or tackle when required....before implying Kreuzer lacked intenstinal fortitude.

There are few rucks that take on Sandilands ability to take taps- but there are plenty of midfiled on ballers who combine to limit his effectiveness Mundy and Fyfe were given free runs through the pack and were largely responsible for taking control of the game - and they went unanswered.

Resistance is futile.

Your 'observation' about Kreuzer running around Sandilands instead of going at him - is ridiculous because you are suggesting that there is only one way to play against a taller and larger opponent. Kreuzer adapted his approach to try and nullify Sandilands ability to take front position and block using his body - I would point a finger at the ineptitude of the mids around the contest who have shown a total inability to read opposition taps or block or tackle when required....before implying Kreuzer lacked intenstinal fortitude.

There are few rucks that take on Sandilands ability to take taps- but there are plenty of midfiled on ballers who combine to limit his effectiveness Mundy and Fyfe were given free runs through the pack and were largely responsible for taking control of the game - and they went unanswered.
Thats not what im suggesting at all. Dont put words in my mouth. According to this other bloke he has done it his whole career?

Terrible conditions for goal kicking on Sunday.

He has one of the best goal kicking actions and he'll end up being one of the most reliable kicks for goal in the comp very shortly.

Just a blip. i wouldn't be dropping him for it.

He is a nice kick for goal. Just not a long one. Seems alot of his shots are from 45ish or a tigth angle

Terrible conditions for goal kicking on Sunday.

He has one of the best goal kicking actions and he'll end up being one of the most reliable kicks for goal in the comp very shortly.

Just a blip. i wouldn't be dropping him for it.
Yep, good action... but he misses way way too much. Even during warm-ups, he is consistently missing shots. It is weird. Definitely will want Sav to be in his ear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back