Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
Days like today show how badly we need guys like Philp to get his body right and come good. We need a bit of size and power on ball against these better midfields. I think they were hoping Williams would bring that but his body hasn’t allowed it yet.
We have about a dozen players who just need to get their bodies right and have some luck with injuries, so bloody frustrating.

ctwenty1

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Ins and outs ... I don't even ... um IN: TDK, Newman, Setterfield (in the guts and floating forward), Dow. OUT: Pittonet/Casboult, Silvagni, Gibbons, Newnes.

Stocker stays. He's getting there and has a good attitude. He just needs the guidance around him more often. I can see what he's trying to do and he will execute more often.
Yeah- I really don’t understand the attitude to stocker . Played a handful of games and looks like he just needs more.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Days like today show how badly we need guys like Philp to get his body right and come good. We need a bit of size and power on ball against these better midfields. I think they were hoping Williams would bring that but his body hasn’t allowed it yet.

Due diligence; should be ready to go from day 1 at the coin offered for return of serve. Most disappointing thus far with today being a totally unacceptable performance from a supposed tier 1 player.

OUT: Silvagni (concussion), Williams, Pittonet, Stocker, Gibbons (all omitted)
IN: Kennedy, TDK, Newman, Honey (SPS into the starting 22)

B: Plowman, Jones, Parks
HB: Docherty, Weitering, Saad
C: Newnes, Cripps, Cottrell
HF: Honey, Casboult, Cuningham
F: Betts, McKay, Owies
R: De Koning, Walsh, Petrevski-Seton
I/C: Kennedy, Newman, E. Curnow, Fogarty

Kennedy for Jack to play as the third tall and to intermittently relieve Cripps as part of the mid rotation when he rests forward - and that’s all it should be, a REST. Not a whole ******* quarter parked up there while the mids get smashed because with all due respect to Crippa his forward nous is pretty poor. If he’s not fit enough to play majority of time in the guts then rest him - but I know they won’t so that’s why he’s here

Williams isn’t right and if he is then he’s dropped to find touch in the 2s. Instead of paying however-many-thousand to pigeon hole a HBF into a midfielder how about we play the bloke who was drafted as one in his actual role. SPS full game in the middle

TDK in for a baptism of fire vs Gawn but hey given we have had no advantage from Pittonet against literal first and second gamers in the last fortnight maybe the reverse will happen if we pick the inexperienced ruck.

I would be happy for Stocker to stay but if Newman is right I think it’s his spot that gets taken.

Gibbons has had a very poor 3 weeks or so and I don’t think he has enough credit to get away with it. Honey has been good in the 2s and with our current injury list is probably the only bloke that could replace him.

Dow stays in the 2s for me because I want to see him absolutely dominate for a month before coming back into the 1s.

This is all pointless because all we will likely get is a JSOS replacement and MAYBE TDK 🙃

We have about a dozen players who just need to get their bodies right and have some luck with injuries, so bloody frustrating.
We seem to have an extensive injury list most years. And it always seems that our injured players are best 18 players or best 22 including interchange players.

Yeah- I really don’t understand the attitude to stocker . Played a handful of games and looks like he just needs more.
Instant gratification syndrome... the constant need for something or someone new to be the absolute best instantly. In the case of Stocker, he hasn't come in and set the world on fire like Parks did in his first game and people are screaming for blood. Stocker is adapting to the game and is learning from the experience.

If Stocker came to the club back in the 80s, he would come through the reserves and we might only catch glimpses of him when he is needed to come in to cover for injury. We probably wouldn't have seen him become a regular in the side until he was 21 or 22.

yeah ok, lets keep playing gibbons and accept being mediocre.
I think that he made the reference to Marchbank because McDonald is injured as well and will be out for another month to 6 weeks before he starts training again. Didn't you bother to read the injury lists?

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Cripps Williams Saad Casboult are all not right have been carrying injuries all year, contributing to below par fitness and struggling heavily with form..

IN:
DeKoning (ruck/forward)
Honey (forward)
Petrevski-seton (midfield ffs)
O’Brien (sub)

OUT:
Silvagni (INJ)
Newnes
Gibbons

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone who wants to drop Stocker and bring in Williamson must watch be watching a different sport to me.
I applaud Willo for getting back on the park after his horror run with injury, but in my (admittedly untrained) opinion he is not AFL standard in any capacity.
Needs to iron out a tonne of mistakes - most of which are unforced - and learn his limitations. Stocker is far from perfect, but I’ll take his effort and endeavour over Williamson every day of the week - even if Stocker is currently being played out of his most effective position.
Stocker had a solid game, did some really good things in tight and provided a couple of good running linkups from defense...

AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Many of us have forgotten the bye in the VFL this week

Rest players who are sore or inj
Cas, Cripps, JSOS

Omit
Newnes, Gibbons

In TKD, Setters, Kennedy, Honey SPS
Murphy (sub)

Parks - Jones - Plowman
Doc - Weiters - Saad
Walsh - Setters - Cottrell
Cunners- TKD - Owies
Kennedy - McKay - Betts
Pitto - SPS - Curnow
Fog - Honey - Stocker - Williams (Murphy)

Moving Walsh to the wing allows us a chance to get SPS, Setters, Cunners, Curnow and even Stocker around the clearance.

Id rather use his run on a slightly more outside role. It’s only for the centre bounces anyway

Play setters in the guts, he’s a big man and will win more than he loses in the centre, tackles as well

Cripps clearly injured and doing us and himself no favours. No point resting Williams as he needs some run in the legs so play him wing/hbf

Really sucks that JSOS got subbed out. Our Stroessner working until he came off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldCarltonKnows

Premium Platinum
May 18, 2012
Cheltenham
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
A winning culture is created by trying every possibly combination.. and actually you know... winning games. And if you notice, I said it is time to see what Williamson can offer as a link up winger. People have said in the past that they would like to see Williamson on the wing. Why not try it. A lot of people obviously expect that we aren't going to win next week... so roll the dice and see what happens if we change things up a bit.

I guess you're one of the guys who loves having a whipping boy and flogging him regularly.
So let’s put Williamson on the wing, in the seniors, when he’s failed at both senior and VFL level this season. Including yesterday.

Yep, great idea.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Some people wanting to drop Stocker instead of Williams...smh

OUT: Williams, Cripps, Pitto, Gibbons, JSOS
IN: Dow, Setterfield, TDK, Honey, Durdin

We are in an extremely bad spot with our ruck department. Pitto not good enough, resigned to the fact Casboult will remain in the side regardless of his output even though I think he definitely needs to be dropped. Our list management is the blame for this crap. Got rid of Ben Silvagni without ever giving him a chance. Didn't bring enough in to make up for it. Even when we had OMac come in and make an impact, they still kept him out in favour of Levi.

Williams has not performed well in 1 game this year. Needs to be dropped. 1 possession in the 1st quarter iirc, fmd is this what $800k gets us? He needs to prove himself now, no more chances.

Cripps is mentally a mess. He's battling personal issues, he's battling on field issues, he's probably battling physical issues, he's battling contract issues... there's just too much going on for the young man. He needs a reset.

CaptainCharisma

All Australian
Jun 23, 2011
Royal Parade
AFL Club
Carlton
Kennedy is going to have to play the 3rd tall in the forward line role again for JSOS.
Our fitness staff need to make a call on Cripps and Williams. If they are injured then rest them and get them right, they aren't providing much in the side anyway.
TDK in for Casboult, he also needs to get his body right.

I can see MC bringing in Murphy for Gibbons, don't care about this one. Gibbons has been poor for a while now.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
The good news is we just can't up against the best midfield in the comp.

The bad news is that we're facing the 2nd best midfield in the comp.

Maybe bring in - I dunno - some depth in the middle as a plan b?

Out - JSOS, Newnes, Pittonet (if TDK ready to go)
In - Kennedy, Setterfield, TDK

SPS on a wing, Setterfield/Williams as the sub.

I can see MM coming in for Owies, which would also add some depth in the middle.. I wouldn't mind this but we all know the MC will plonk him on the HF line with no impact.

I would also consider TDK in for casboult and give cas the week off and play TDK at CHF and 2nd ruck.

Blueing

Senior List
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Need speed in against Melbourne......playing players that are clearly injured or underdone fitness wise is clearly a liability for the rest of the team....as we found out against the doggies.

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Spoke to Sam at a Blues function recently and definitely sees himself as a long term inside mid but it’s the wing that he’s gunning for right now. He’ll be worth the wait

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
For me
Murphy in for Gibbons
TDK in for JSOS
SPS in for one of Williams or Cripps. Maybe it’s wishful thinking but surely they are carrying injuries.

No way on earth would I consider Setters or Dow. They were beaten by a VFL midfield.
Durdin and Honey I would make have another 2-3 good games and when they have earned it, play them for 3-4 weeks straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back