Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
He's not going to be a gun defender. But we've played him in defence for nearly 2 years.
He'll be a gun through the midfield and half forward, kicking the ball inside 50, setting up scores.

Are our players babies or the most non versatile in the league?

How can we have so many who fall to pieces if they aren’t played exactly in the position they prefer?

Now some I agree with to a point, but we can’t have 15 guys playing on ball the whole game, which is seemingly what some of our players need.

We have a lot of guys who are either too slow, or don’t have football smarts to get the ball on the outside, including:

Dow
Setters
Kennedy
Cripps (more injury banged up than anything, but he’s playing and he has this problem)
SPS (not sure what the issue is, I’m sick of his 10 metre kicks to 50-50 contests)
Cuningham (can be damaging outside but not enough ball won)
Cottrell ( doesn’t get enough ball)
Newnes (same)
Williams (unfit)
Stocker (May change but seems the case now)

Seems the only guys who get a lot of ball for us are inside mids or half backs.

Sadly we will probably have to play Walsh on a wing because everyone else is so crap at it.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Some players have really struggled this year, such as the likes of Willo, but many players coming in and out of the side are very much interchangeable considering their output

Again, we have no one currently that can play Levi's role, with TDK still finding touch, form and fitness

Yes we get all into in depth discussions over team selection, so you really think Melbourne would care about our ins and outs this week?

At this point the only ones out of the side who could substantially help us are:

Martin
JSOS
Fisher
Charlie

TDK is still a work in progress and will get games but he’s not going to dominate AFL.

Basically any of setters, Dow, murph, LOB, newnes, Gibbons, Cottrell, Stocker, SPS, Owies, Parks, Cuningham etc are fairly interchangeable at this point.

All can/have played the odd good game, but have never strung more than a couple together (or in Murphs case I’m talking the 2021 version)

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes we get all into in depth discussions over team selection, so you really think Melbourne would care about our ins and outs this week?

At this point the only ones out of the side who could substantially help us are:

Martin
JSOS
Fisher
Charlie

TDK is still a work in progress and will get games but he’s not going to dominate AFL.

Basically any of setters, Dow, murph, LOB, newnes, Gibbons, Cottrell, Stocker, SPS, Owies, Parks, Cuningham etc are fairly interchangeable at this point.

All can/have played the odd good game, but have never strung more than a couple together (or in Murphs case I’m talking the 2021 version)

I don't care what other clubs, media, etc think.

Players/team will have poor patches, but the main focus should be on adding layers to the gameplan, which would also suit the make up of our list

reubsblues

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I cant believe TDK isnt playing
Watch Gawn absolutely smash Pittonet and be best on ground can someone please tell me when Pittonet won a clear tap to our advantage from the centre bounce

Koutamightafides

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Honey was terrific last week. Tackled hard. Kicked two great goals when no-one in the team could score, and constantly made position for his teammates. He and Durdin were standout despite their low possession count.

Newman burnt the ball a number of times. Setters was OK.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Haven't seen much of honey , would I be right in thinking he is like Cottrell an athletic beast just needs to clean up his disposal and he could be a solid wingman ?

Koutamightafides

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton

Martin
JSOS
Fisher
Charlie

TDK whilst still developing has to be better than pitto the last few weeks , got smashed by a first gamer against * and another kid last week . If pitto is going to lose the tapouts like that he could at least be making them know they have played for a few days .

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Your missing my whole point of why maybe they sent sps in defense in the 1st place.. I agree i dont see him as a defender, but maybe, just maybe they sent him there to try and teach him things...
*You’re.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back