Preview Rd 9 Carlton v Melbourne, MCG, Sunday May 16, 3.20pm - Team - Post #700

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How tall is he?
shorter but hoping he can have a similar impact as an elusive, medium size forward, think he can play bigger than what he actually is.

Not sure Gibbons, Betts, Owies, Fogarty at their respective sizes can all play in the same team let alone the same forward line, we continually broke down across half forward late in the game on Sunday when fatigued kicked in.

Once the pace is off the game these types don’t suddenly grow and opponents don’t get shorter...

Surely we don’t add Fisher and Murphy body types to this mix of smalls either.

Gary Rohan is a better comparison
Definitely👍
All players mentioned are elusive agile types who can hit the scoreboard.

If Honey can contribute on the lead, at ground level and also overhead on smaller opponents he is the type we need to play in Gibbons role.

Won’t hurt if can can kick set shots like Georgiades either...

Fogarty had a defensive role on Caleb Daniel didn’t he ?

Nullified him quite well until Dogs pushed him further up the ground in the last quarter where he got a different match up and cut loose.

Probably gets Salem this week....
Completely destroyed him till the 4th when bevo threw him forward. Fog was one of our better players for the game easily.

Definitely👍
All players mentioned are elusive agile types who can hit the scoreboard.

If Honey can contribute on the lead, at ground level and also overhead on smaller opponents he is the type we need to play in Gibbons role.

Won’t hurt if can can kick set shots like Georgiades either...
Honey doesn't have the most convincing kicking style. Kicks it very high. Working hard to improve his goal accuracy in the player report a week ago as he is getting a lot of looks but an area to improve.

It is pretty clear to me we have too many plodders in the forward line at the moment and need to add extreme pace.

Hi guys, sorry to intrude.
fu** me you lot take this stuff seriously, whatever changes you do isn't gonna change anything.
The result will be determined by how we play. If we're down 20%, and you're up 20% then it'll be close. We've played sh*t two weeks in a row, either we're due a good one or you've got us at a good time.
Good luck, stay wholesome 🤗 :rainbow:
If you really miss Frosty can you see if you can get him back before Sunday....

Offer the Hawks Stephen May, that should get it done....

Honey doesn't have the most convincing kicking style. Kicks it very high. Working hard to improve his goal accuracy in the player report a week ago as he is getting a lot of looks but an area to improve.

It is pretty clear to me we have too many plodders in the forward line at the moment and need to add extreme pace.
Need to add variety inside F50 for sure, just too small and too ineffectual in most positions.

Need to occupy Lever, Honey is a better option compared to Gibbons for this role, Fogarty to Salem and Hopefully Harry gets on his bike vs May.

HF- Honey, TDK, Fogarty
FF- Betts, Harry, Owies

Hi guys, sorry to intrude.
fu** me you lot take this stuff seriously, whatever changes you do isn't gonna change anything.
The result will be determined by how we play. If we're down 20%, and you're up 20% then it'll be close. We've played sh*t two weeks in a row, either we're due a good one or you've got us at a good time.
Good luck, stay wholesome 🤗 :rainbow:

1964 :laughv1: :laughv1: :laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For this game:

I would play Williams off HBF/mid rotation
I would bring Honey in for Gibbons
I would play Setterfield on ball and Ed on a wing.
I would bring TDK in.
I would play Walsh on a wing

IN: TDK | Setterfield | Honey
OUT: SOJ ( inj) Gibbons Newnes

Plowman Weitering Parks
Docherty Jones Williams

Ed Cripps Walsh
TDK Setterfield Stocker
Cuningham Levi Fogarty
Eddie Harry Owies

IC: Saad, Honey Pittonet Cottrell

Honey is one of the most athletically gifted players on the list and has natural mongrel as well as long range kicking ability
TDK can share ruck duties with Pittonet and is also a handy tall up front
Walsh can play with a bit more space on a wing
Williams can add defensive skill and rebound run/kick off HBF and rotate mid for bursts
I prefer Fogarty over Gibbons and Newnes for a HFF / mid rotation. - safer hands and better tackler and field kick.

don’t the guys mentioned play the 3rd tall role for their clubs? They all seem to be strong in the air. is that what honey is?
Georgiardes and Riccardi are young key forwards. Honey is a midsized forward who is not going to take pack marks but is powerful and will get into space more like WHE. Not an ideal replacement for JSOS of McMG but is all we have got. Crocker would be straight in this week if he was on the list.

Honey coming in will be for JSOS..

Not sure what the Fogarty Vs Gibbons debate is all about..
The player taking Gibbons spot is Eddie, Gibbons was playing well until Betts came in

I think both Fog and Gibbo have been effected poorly by Betts coming in, then again by Owies, but if those 2 continue to hit the scoreboard and apply pressure/tackle, then there isn't much downside to the team

I think both Fog and Gibbo have been effected poorly by Betts coming in, then again by Owies, but if those 2 continue to hit the scoreboard and apply pressure/tackle, then there isn't much downside to the team

One could almost say there might be a bit of upside even. ;)

I still reckon Fogarty's going alright, Gibbons only so-so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back