Things we need to do well:

Things we need to stop Melbourne doing:

Discuss

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, our Team balance has looked shaky this week with the addition of Harmes and Petty, so if you guys wouldn't mind putting in a similar effort next week, we would appreciate it :)

Out: Cripps (inj), Silvagni (conc.), Williams, Saad, Gibbons

In: DeKoning, Petrevski-Seton, Dow, Setterfield, Murphy

B: Plowman - Jones - Parks
HB: Stocker - Weitering - Docherty
C: Curnow - Walsh - Petrevski-Seton
R: DeKoning - Dow - Setterfield
HF: Fogarty - Casboult -Cuningham
F: Betts - McKay - Owies
IC: Pittonet - Cottrell -Murphy - Newnes

--------

Out

Cripps: Get his body right. If not for us then for his own health. It's not a great shock that we went 2 goals to 1 when he sat out the start of the third. I don't want to be someone who accuses Cripps of coasting or checking out but that leaves me with no other option than to suggest that his body is shot. Give him the time out of the side.

Silvagni: What horrible, shitty, luck Jack is having.

Williams: If he's healthy then get him a run in the VFL and get some confidence in his body.

Saad: Is either injured or playing awful, conditional, football (aside from last week). If injured get him right. If he's healthy tell him to find his desire in the VFL.

Gibbons: I'm not a Gibbons detractor. However, he has no impact, positive or negative, on the game. He had 11 touches today but he may as well have been invisible. I'd rather give his spot to Murphy (if healthy) who will at least have a steadying influence on the team with Cripps out and Docherty clearly finding his own form.

In

DeKoning: Time to give TDK his first opportunity at senior football this year. He's had a couple of games in the VFL now and with a lack of tall options we really could do with him. I believe that he and Pittonet rotating through the ruck will help Pitto with his four quarter performance.

Petrevski-Seton: There are worse performers in the current 22 than Samo. I'd love to see him be given a wing or half forward slot and told to play aggressive while maintaining responsibility defensively.

Dow: I thought he was fantastic until he got hurt against Essendon and thought he was really unlucky to lose his spot. Give him a quick recall and play him in the same position and role that he was in against the Bombers.

Setterfield: Time for Setters to make a spot in the best 22 his own permanently. I still have faith in his ability and do believe he is a long-term AFL footballer.

Murphy: See Gibbons. I believe Murphy has more influence on the game than Gibbons and without Cripps the team will need his leadership and experience. Gibbons is invisible too much of the time and lacks impact.

I know that's a lot of changes for a 16-point loss to a 1-loss team but it's how we lost rather than the fact that we lost. It was unacceptable.

Ins and outs ... I don't even ... um IN: TDK, Newman, Setterfield (in the guts and floating forward), Dow. OUT: Pittonet/Casboult, Silvagni, Gibbons, Newnes.

Stocker stays. He's getting there and has a good attitude. He just needs the guidance around him more often. I can see what he's trying to do and he will execute more often.

choo

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2006
Clinic across the road.
AFL Club
Carlton
So from reading social media
Can’t play setterfield on the wing. He’s an inside mid
So Setterfield for Newnes!!
Can’t play Dow forward he’s an inside mid
So Dow for gibbons!!

Casboult out. Even though tdk wasn’t ready.
So Levi for tdk
Cripps out and trade
Silvagni out and Honey in even though it leaves us without a second marking option when Levi or tdk are on ball
Sounds like a plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Out: Cripps, Williams, Pittonet, Stocker

In: Dow, Setterfield, TDK, Newman

Only TDK in on today’s performances, though Newman started well.

I do wish to see replacements for Newnes & Gibbons however, with Fogarty going missing for too long in games after a strong start.
Newman then adds to the backline (they’re doing their job) or wing but wasn’t impressed with his VFL 2nd half.

IN: TDK, Honey, Newman, SPS

OUT: JSOS, Gibbons, Newnes, Williams (due for some general soreness)

B: Plowman - Weitering - Parks
HB: Docherty - Jones - Saad
C: Cottrell - Curnow - Newman
R: TDK - Walsh - Cuningham
HF: Fogarty - Casboult - Honey
F: Betts - McKay - Owies
I: Cripps - Stocker - Pittonet - SPS

Out: Cripps, Williams (both clearly injured), Pitto, JSOS. Fog lucky to remain

In: Setters, TDK, Honey, Durdin

Forgot about Honey. Wouldn't mind seeing him in action.

Honey, Durdin, Gibbons, Fogarty, Owies and Betts playing forward of centre though?

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Out: Cripps, Williams (both clearly injured), Pitto, JSOS. Fog lucky to remain

In: Setters, TDK, Honey, Durdin

Durdin showed a bit today.
Kennedy may replace JSOS as the 3rd tall as the 3rd in line minus Mitch McGovern.

Also think they’ll have Pitto as backup for TDK’s return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Forgot about Honey. Wouldn't mind seeing him in action.

Honey, Durdin, Gibbons, Fogarty, Owies and Betts playing forward of centre though?

We don't have much of a choice.

Jack, Martin, Gov all out, Kennedy might be an option

Unless you bring in TDK as a 3rd tall and keep both Pitto in the ruck and Cas at CHF

We don't have much of a choice.

Jack, Martin, Gov all out, Kennedy might be an option

Unless you bring in TDK as a 3rd tall and keep both Pitto in the ruck and Cas at CHF

That last sentence scares the s**t out of me.

I'd rather bring in more mids than more forwards. They will get in the way of Eddie and Owies who are going well. Fog can play strictly mid. I'm not trusting Gibbons to do that at the moment though. Despite being quieter in the VFL today, Dow or LOB were worthy of call ups previously.

Can't wait for Carroll. Real shame about his finger injury.

Number_9

Team Captain
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Outs:

Williams (Fitness) - Give him the McGovern treatment and get him up to speed, had 0 impact besides one nice inside 50
Cripps (Injured) - Plodding, definitely injured.
JSOS(Concussion) - Unlucky

Ins:
Setters - Looking alright in the 2's, hopefully more impact than cripps
TDK - Crying out for this guy rn, playing him Casboult and Pitto is a yikes tho, maybe Casboult rested?
Newman - Stocker can go in the middle plus we have plenty of rotations

Can we get Woosha in full time. We need to fast track Teagues development as a senior coach.
Can we also wave goodbye to a couple of assistant coaches and replace them with the likes of Hodge and Mitchell?

djholmes

All Australian
Oct 9, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
In: O'Brien, McDonald, Setterfield, SPS, Dow
Out: Cottrell, Casboult, Gibbons, Newnes, Silvagni (inj.)

B: Plowman---------------Jones------------------Parks

H: Williams--------------Weitering---------------Saad

C: Docherty---------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham-----------McDonald-------------SPS

F: Betts-------------------McKay-----------------Owies

Foll: Pittonet, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Stocker, Dow, Fogarty

After the failure, yet again, of our midfleid under pressure (not the Queen/Bowie song). I think that we definitely need to make a couple of changes.

B: Williams, Weitering, Doc
HB: Parks, Jones, Plowman
C: Walsh, Cuningham, Williamson
Fol: TDK, Setterfield, Dow
HF: Honey, Casboult, Kennedy
F: Owies, McKay, Betts

IC: Ed, Stocker, Fogarty, Cotterell

Outs: Pittonet (Managed), Cripps (managed), Saad (managed), JSOS (Concussion), Gibbons (omitted), Newnes (Omitted)
Ins: TDK, Setterfield, Williamson, Kennedy, Honey, Dow

Will we win... maybe, maybe not. I'd say TDK for Casboult, but Pittonet needs a period of R&R. Cripps and Saad are playing hurt and need a rest. JSOS is just pure bad luck. Honey has been kicking braces of goals in the VFL for fun it seems, time to see what he offers instead of Gibbons. And time to see what Williamson can offer as a link up winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back