Review Rd 9: Freo keep rolling against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of realism is always tough for you happy clapper clowns to handle
too good to be true disney GIF

It's so funny because it feels like Darcy is having just about his best year, or at least very close to it. Certainly performing a lot better than last year with Lobb as his 2IC.

Darcy should be the AA ruckman at this stage surely.

edit: though I forgot English is having a great season too. And of course has the inherent advantage of playing for a Vic team.

Last edited:
Darcy should be the AA ruckman at this stage surely.

edit: though I forgot English is having a great season too. And of course has the inherent advantage of playing for a Vic team.
But English really needs to prove himself playing for Big Victorian team. Like Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if they picked the AA team now the 2 rucks would be English and Marshall.

Darcy would and should be in the conversation for the second spot behind English though.

Look - it was very encouraging, but we’ve beaten two bottom 6 sides in succession. Remember Brisbane and Bullies. As has already been noted above, it’s never as good as it seems, or as bad.

We needed these wins to retain long term hope and faith but these two swallows don’t make a summer.
If you view the season as a development year it is very positive.

Since before the Suns game when JOM acknowledged he was being too careful to not make any mistakes at his new club he’s been massive and deserves the recognition, he really led the midfield yesterday and if had nailed that goal on the run in the 2nd(?) he’d be close to BOG for mine.

He played well but that's way ott imo.

Since before the Suns game when JOM acknowledged he was being too careful to not make any mistakes at his new club he’s been massive and deserves the recognition, he really led the midfield yesterday and if had nailed that goal on the run in the 2nd(?) he’d be close to BOG for mine.

I thought JOM was terrible in the first quarter, I was mentally banishing him to Peel for the remainder of his contract. But he really lifted for the rest of the game. Even though Mills was out, smashing them in the middle gives a lot of hope that our midfield mix is right. JOM played a big part in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back