Preview Rd 9 Geelong V Bulldogs Sat May18 4:35 pm @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
7-1

Its the place to be after 8 Rounds.

Will be some changes this week thru injury, concussion, form and possibly the MRP.

Doggies coming off a win at the coldest place on Earth so they will be feeling buoyant.

Will Selwood be back? Will Sav hold his spot after another low stat count but filling a structured position? Was Tommy Stewart be cleared to play after his concussion test and has Gary Rohan woken up yet? Tommy Atkins will surely miss with the hammy? And will GAJ get done?

Lots to discuss in this one.

We have also won the last 8 vs Doggies at KP dating back to 2005 I think... they will want to change that so expect a contest and the Woofers have some good players.

GO Catters

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Wouldn't mind seeing Fort in for Sav.
If Ablett escapes unscathed, he plays this week. If not, hrmmm! Fogarty? Can he come in after a week in the VFL?

Selwood for Atkins if it's a possibility. Having Joel on the HFF tackling and hunting the ball would be exciting - plus a rotation through the middle.

Who comes in for Rohan?

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Out:
Rohan (inj)
Atkins (inj)
Ablett (MRO/rest)

In:
Selwood
Menegola
Parsons

I’d love Fog to be available but he won’t be ready for seniors given his interrupted preseason. Parsons is next in line and deserves an opportunity given his strong VFL form.

Would be worried about this game at Docklands but think we will suffocate the Dogs at KP.

2 good changes.
Fort a possibility and also Menegola

Fogarty is only one game back cmon.

Menegola and Selwood for Rohan and Atkins. Parfitt forward this week.
Fort for Sav who was down on form.
If Ablett is out maybe SS in.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
In a perfect world I don't think Ablett will get rested the same week Atkins and Rohan miss. Ablett to not fly to Gold Coast the week after would be my bet if he is to be rested.

Are we slightly sliding into a less comfortable area? It seemed only yesterday that we had a chockablock fit list , with hardly any injuries.. Rohan , Stewart , Atkins , Danger . Selwood , Menegola and I'm sure there are others... It may be under control atm ..but one can see how it would not take much to be in trouble..

If Fog had played three games in the VFL ..he would be in this week ..but after one game? So GA on the week we play GC as managed seems logical.

It make sense.. and to a certain degree I suspect GA would not be in a hurry to rest atm. He has probably felt like a man in a darkroom looking for a lightswitch at times in the recent past.. not sure that anything will ever turn on that form that he believed was still there somewhere if only he could managed to just find the groove.. and now he has found it .., after years of feeling old in body he is feeling good in body and a bit of the old form has returned.

In a perfect world I suspect he may have been managed already but the Gold Coast game makes sense .. historically I think GA was managed against us a couple of times when playing for us down here ? Going up there is probably not something that would be first on his list of desires ? Gold Coast are playing a shut down game.. I doubt he would get open as much as he did V North against them.

Last edited:

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)

Like it, especially I honestly think Fort needs to come in for Sav..
Only asking Pure ( lol so don't hate me haha ) if Ablett gets a week, do we play Parsons as the forward pocket role? Not the biggest fan of him but shouldn't we swap him for a forward player ? Or even Simpson? But I suppose none of them have played that forward in the VFL
Or even Jones maybe?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Let say Fogarty can be a great addition to our young mid group ..why would we rush him in when we are 7-1? Stick to the plan ..which id have thought is 2 to 3 games(imo). If can come in and add another young mid to shoulder some of the load ..it gives us more options as the year gos on... an on that ..Parfitt is a bit lucky, He has lost a bit of form .. he needs to find something. Ic an handle game loading for Sav but mids need to be better.

Looking at the numbers does Jones get a chances this week..he has been playing every week 21p and a goal.. sounds OK? Im not convinced on SS. It seems bar a very small window he has done nothing but get fit.. present.. look Ok.. get injured and it disruptive to our setups and roles. I think its time to tell him to be our VFL on-field coach .and he will only be picked when we are injury inundated

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Last time:

https://m.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/15/wb-v-geel
This was the classic post-bye game we have every year and I think it was Narkle's first game as well whom I doubt we'll see this week.

The Dogs have shown to be no pushovers this year so the game will likely be a close one. I can see Rohan, Atkins and Sav missing this week.

witsend

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
The MC seem hell-bent on minimal weekly changes this season, which I really like. The stability has been a huge factor so far.
Bearing that in mind and presuming GA gets off (as he must...almost identical issue to last week except the impact was even less severe), and Stewart plays:

In: Selwood, Menengola, Fort
Out: Rohan (severe knock and a 6 day break makes him highly unlikely), Sav (time for a rest and/or confidence build in VFL), Atkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Selwood - Atkins
Fogarty - Ablett
I think Rohan is unlikely after that concussion, too... if Menegola doesn't return, that probably puts Jones, Parsons and Simpson in the frame.

If it weren't for so many forced changes, I think this would have been the week to swap Fort and Ratugolea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back