Autopsy Rd 9 - If only games went for 1 quarter aka Still the Hawks bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s surely only one season-defining game per year?
My point is the games that can push us into being real contenders, we lose: Stkilda, Hawthorn. The verbage is irrelevant Carlton goes to water in the spotlight. Teams that lose to Melbourne and Hawthorn don't deserve to play finals

Put there hand up HOW these scratch matches are crap .. he remembering when I watched him win a premiership for corowa rutherglen before he was drafted -- thinking it will make them keen .. O'Brien Fischer already played AFL you know there output was about to sky rocket this year -- to go half way through the season and not release them says to and them they aren't much good ... he crying out for speed and kicking efficiency the only to attributes these blokes have .. He has bought in pittonett Moore and Kennedy Williamson all year for injuries; says to me you get a game if you don't get hurt ..
They maybe crap games but come with the right attitude, come with the willingness to work your ass off and play well. It's an indictment on players like LOB, Stocker, TDK and fisher in his one or two chances that other blokes like moore, Philp and honey are playing better. Reward effort and performance. See what these blokes are made of and if they respond. So far, not great signs to be honest.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

In reality by the end of the year if like to see the following shifts at a minimum:

Murphy and Newnes out for LoB, Dow, Stocker or Fisher
Jones out for Marchbank or Macreadie
Simpson out for Cotter's or Polson (yes Polson)

Won't happen though

Obviously Moore for TDK or really anyone

In reality by the end of the year if like to see the following shifts at a minimum:

Won't happen though

I'd love LOB, fisher, dow and stocker to be in now but aren't getting it done in training/games.

I'd love marchbank back, just get the body right FFS. But he won't take Jones spot, he's not a key back.

Won't happen though

I'd love LOB, fisher, dow and stocker to be in now but aren't getting it done in training/games.

I'd love marchbank back, just get the body right FFS. But he won't take Jones spot, he's not a key back.

Polson and TDK have had good write ups
TDK one game.

Polson has had good write ups but I'm loathe to believe them from what I've seen from him previous. Although I find his role interesting. But would he come in and play the same run and carry role in the seniors? I doubt it with doc and others ahead of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is the games that can push us into being real contenders, we lose: Stkilda, Hawthorn. The verbage is irrelevant Carlton goes to water in the spotlight. Teams that lose to Melbourne and Hawthorn don't deserve to play finals
In saying that hawthorn are better than everyone gives credit -- they probably as many pieces away from it as us -- our only real benefit is our spine curnow Mackay cripps weitering( test based on potential ) -- still need a full back .. there midfield will be around as Long as our spine ..

Credit to Hawthorn's midfield, wrestled back momentum and just kept it going after 20 horrible minutes.

The manner in which teams attack the corridor against us is concerning. We give our defence no chance with the innumerable slingshots that we concede.

Minimal forward pressure and midfield defensive pressure. Small forwards also horrifically out of touch.

Time to shake things up a bit, look to names such as O'Brien, Fisher, Honey, Dow to provide a spark in those areas.
Missed opportunity this should have been the go this week imo .
Dumbfounded atleast 1 if not both of Fisher and Honey werent in this week and Cunners pushed to the middle .

Won't happen though

Jones is lucky he's good at punching a ball
Because his ball use is probably worst 5 in the competition.

Long time lurker. Occasional poster but felt the need to launch after this evening.

Possibly the most disappointed with the team in some time and that is saying something (as we all know where we've been since Malthouse destroyed our club). If we think we are close we are delusional. Time to wake up.

Callum Moore? Why is he even on the list let alone get a game in front of what is meant to be the future (TDK).
Murph? I'm sorry son. Thanks for the time and effort. You have been grand but it's over.
Simmo. Sad to say (so very sad) but if we are to move forward you are not out future.
Most of the kids had a shocker but will forgive for now.

Teague. Please please please invest in the next 10 years rather than struggle ourselves to 12th. We don't care about a struggling win against mid table sides like North. It's proper finals or f_off. Getting a deadset hiding from a geriatric Hawthorn side kicks me in the guts. Especially given that they are coached by bloke that we must all despise after destroying Ian Aitken's career with the cheapest of cheap shots in a "friendly" in London (Thanks Jimmy B for not letting that go without repercussion on the day).

Please, please play Fish. Please play TDK. Please play Stoker if he's available. Please play Dow when he's available. O'brien too. SOS when he's ready. If they are no good then f them off and move on. Have a crack at the next one.

Cottell, Owies, Philp, Honey. Let's find out FFS.

Newnes not the answer. 2 lucky goals then F all.

GIbbo stays. He has a crack. Jack M (so very very lucky that he chose us - thanks Crippa and Eddie).

If we don't have a significant change in the side next week then I may just tune out for the rest of the year. Never done that before but this game has put a pin in the balloon like nothing before and I've seen the worst of it. Even stayed at Colonial Stadium to the end while Mick Martin waltzed down from full back to kick a goal to put North 120 points up 15 odd years ago. Then we picked him up. Wow. That was a low point.

Been Carlton since my Grandfather told me there was no other side and he was in the change rooms with Ken Hands.

Let's truly find out what the future looks like cos right now we are nothing more a bunch of also rans before the rebuild has even been given a chance.

Man. That was hard not to proper swear.....
Great post, my only exception is the geriatric comment. Their ins were quality and there is a fine line between geriatric and mature. Today their mature, experienced bodies bullied us around the park. If we got them last week, it would be a different narrative. We were flat out bad today, like Bolton bad.

Won't happen though

Fair enough.

I have a feeling that by the end of the year the season-defining game is going to be the Geelong one in a way - not necessarily because I foresee a bunch of close wins, but because I reckon we’re going to jump out of the blocks more and more but let a whole lot more teams right back into the game, with no way to actively stop them

And we don't deserve to play finals yet. That's clear. 2021 or 2022 we should play finals and according to some play in a grannie by 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back