Autopsy Rd 9 - If only games went for 1 quarter aka Still the Hawks bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

Controversial call but I think I’d rather Weiters be the captain over doc and Cripps. Inspires me more for some reason. Never gives in

Cripps was literally the best player in the comp last year and has carried this team almost single-handedly for the past few years.

I love Weiters, but let's not forget Cripps is an absolute warrior.

Agreed, Ed has a specific role, defensive forward is not it. That’s a step into the past. We need more speed on the ball: Martin, Cuners, Fisher, Kelly (wish) in order to allow Ed to bullock and tag inside. No reason Ed can’t last that long.
So cripps one of them curnow tagging

no cripps (setterfield or Kennedy )one of them curnow tagging -- is this the way forward

Cripps was literally the best player in the comp last year and has carried this team almost single-handedly for the past few years.

I love Weiters, but let's not forget Cripps is an absolute warrior.
some of his stuff tonight smacked of desperation........

What makes you think they will be stranded with a dreaded rebuild? Have you seen their midfield? All youngish players who will be there another 5-7 years, the one area we still struggle with, it will consistently get them wins against the grain.
Have you seen how many 30+ players still carry their side? Empty shell within 2 years and routinely flogged will be bottom 4 for 5 years or more.

Good lord, I know you are all hurting, but fu** me, you all stuck with us 20 years .... a couple more games couldn't hurt yeah?

MAYBE I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE, TINNY!

Who am I kidding? Carlton, I can never quit you.

Barker has Murphy’s back
Teague has Barker’s back
Lloyd has Teague’s back
Liddle has Lloyd’s back
The unholy alliance
To the victors go the spoils
And here we are
Which reminds me. History is written by those who survive. Just ask Winston Churchill and Neville Chamberlain.

🤷‍♂️

To lose to the Hawks for the 15th time in 17 meetings is a bitter pill to swallow. I just don’t know if players these days bleed for the jumper like a lot of us supporters do. I’m not sure coaches use stats like this to get players up now days.

It’s my opinion that 20 years of poor results, poor boardroom decisions and poor recruiting has created a massive void in leadership. As a result our development of youth has been extraordinarily poor and the senior players we do have in the side have never been part of a winning mentality. Hence when we do get 5 goals up, we don’t know how to put the foot on the jugular and run away with the win. Until the senior players who will not be part of our next premiership team are let go, we will have our younger players learning the bad habits of a losing club culture.

Murphy and Simmo have been great servants but the longer they play the more of a liability they become and I hear the club are considering signing Murphy for another year?

Some people are defending the decision of selecting Moore in the side. He has had 6 possessions in two games 2 kicks, 4 handballs and 0 goals. Surely TDK is a better option for the future of this club?

As a group we struggle to stem the tide when the opposition get a run on. We are easily scored against and clubs can kick quick goals in succession without us having any way of closing them down. We have had 621 points scored against us this season one of the highest points against tally of the league. And many of us here believe we have a strong and settled backline?

I feel we are the closest in 20 years of making the top 8 but we are still a couple of years away of being a side other teams will know it’s going to be a tough game. For years we have been easy beats and until we stand up and beat teams we should be beating, we will continue to be the team that cracks under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So cripps one of them curnow tagging

no cripps (setterfield or Kennedy )one of them curnow tagging -- is this the way forward
I don’t see why not if we acquire or develop a quick ball user to compliment. Others rotate through but, you could do worse. Throw all the kids in, worked for Bolton.
Edit: A firing Dow would fit the bill.

some of his stuff tonight smacked of desperation........

whilst things didn’t go his way tonight, you can’t fault his endeavour...I think he gave absolutely everything, just wasn’t his night and sometimes things just don’t work for you...

...some of the comments about him on here though jeez....if people didn’t see him busting a gut tonight I don’t know if I was watching the same game...

Bloody hell that was not fun...

selection, coaching, up against a club who’s back was against the wall... four losses in a row

did we get ahead of ourselves?

squad needs a spark next game....

disappointing

chilli con carne was excellent

I’m not defending tonight - it was appalling after quarter time and I expect change.

But ... it’s reasonable - based on history - that players begin to reach consistency of performance at between 60 and 100 games - and then beyond.

At the start of this season:

SPS 64
Kennedy 41
McKay 35
Walsh 22
Weitering 76
Pittonet 7
Cuningham 25
Williamson 17
gibbons 21
Setterfield 20

In reserve:
J Silvagni 60
Dow 39
O’Brien 35
MCGovern 64
DeKoning 2
Stocker 5
Marchbank 48
Fisher 55
Macreadie 9
polson 26
Curnow 58

We shouldn’t accept excuses but we need to be realistic - we are a long way from an established power and tonight is a very sobering example.

All good points but who the * thought we were an established power let alone a power?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

would players even know where to go if hodge didn't direct them with "go join your team-mates"? they all say it and it is soooo horribly scripted......
That’s a fair call, they had many leaders out there. Interestingly, it wasn’t until their drafted core were quite old and experienced until they became a force, they had a reputation as chokers for a little while.

You can forgive Murphy? 😂😂😂
He was the one who started the rot, and continued to drag us down with his appalling disposal and decision making.
He was junk, do t give him an out, it’s been a pattern for a couple of seasons now
Correct me if im wrong but did the club just give Murph an out by extending his contract till end of next season ?

Won’t catch me at the footy again - that was terrible. 15 minutes of brilliance and then 3/4 of rabble. Defence was all at sea and every player lost all sense of confidence and looked like they were playing in the wet.

I think you might have to work on your resilience training if you refuse to attend the football after one loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back