Review Rd 9. SUNS vs Adelaide Crows @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

It's official I am a Malcheski hater, he is ******* less than useless, no awareness when he has the ball and a s**t kick when he doesn't get caught.
Rocket can quote all the effort numbers he likes but the skills of our team and the running to provide a option are a ******* disgrace

Despite the obvious miss right in front, Currie has been good today. He beat Sam Jacobs, who's no stooge.

The commentators are saying that Seb Tape was tagging Sam Jacobs today, and he laid 7 tackles. It's not enough to stave off delisting just yet, but it's a good start.

Despite the obvious miss right in front, Currie has been good today. He beat Sam Jacobs, who's no stooge.

The commentators are saying that Seb Tape was tagging Sam Jacobs today, and he laid 7 tackles. It's not enough to stave off delisting just yet, but it's a good start.

Although he's still in the gun for now he's the kind of player you don't mind bringing in when you need an injection of effort, hardness and application (skills optional).

Seb Tape was one of our more effective mids today and offers us something we've been lacking: a defensive minded midfielder to run with the opposition key. Scott Thompson routinely gets 40+ against us. For him to only have 22 is a huge, huge win. Seb also offered deft inside handballs that hit targets. He was clearly told not to kick unless absolutely necessary, which he obviously followed. He's a disciplined kid Seb. If he can do jobs like that routinely we'll be a better balanced side.

Currie could have kicked 4 goals today. There were some very good signs that he could actually become something. If he keeps getting games, who knows?

Lonergan a gun. His inside craft stands out amongst the current mids right now. Shadowed even Prestia, who I was a bit disappointed with.

There were flashes and signs of our round 1-3 side today IMO. Switching to far side and move the ball quickly and into the forward 50.

We actually won the contested possession, so signs there were good too.

We could be looking at McKenzie, Thompson, May, Hall, Miller & Ablett back next week. So that's another positive. :)

The Good:
Lonergan and Rischa's work with the contest ball
Ryan Davis, Brandon Matera and Jarryd Grant fighting hard
Lynch/Wright combo
The Bad:
KK is so out of form it hurts just not doing anything
Keegan Brooksby makes me cringe whenever he gets the ball
Matt Shaw is not an AFL quality player
Luke Russell did nothing in the second half
Jack Martin kicking out, Why?
McPherson and Ah Chee injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with everything Sunny said. Lots of our players gave their all til the end today. Score reflects our missing class and run.

Lonergan, Currie and Wright all impressed me.

It's not often I'd be happy with a 75 point loss, but from where we've been playing lately, I'll take that.. A lot to like.. Two injuries isn't good, but we should get a few back next week too.
I was very happy with that effort from a 22 missing 12 of its best 22 very happy.
With that 22 of 1/2 NEAFL players l though anything under 80 points was going to be a minor miracle.

It's official I am a Malcheski hater, he is ******* less than useless, no awareness when he has the ball and a s**t kick when he doesn't get caught.
Rocket can quote all the effort numbers he likes but the skills of our team and the running to provide a option are a ******* disgrace
What exactly are you expecting with 8 of out best running players out and our 2 key defenders out.

Wright, Grant and Matera have been ok up forward
2MP still not there yet but showing us glimpses of his potential
Grant surprised me today. He was good. He's quick as well.
Matera knows how to score but puts zero pressure in the forward half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back