Preview Rd 9 vs GWS - Changes & prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember last year, Greene, Kelly, Scully, Smith, Davis and Mumford did the job on us, and Patton kicked a bag the previous year from memory. They have really been decimated in 2018.

Their midfield is already thin. But the loss of Davis to their backline will be more significant. If we carry the form from the past fortnight into the game, we should win and win well. But a drop in intensity like against Port and who knows.

Getting more nervous about this game that any this year.

I really hope Waite plays so we can seriously stretch their backline.
Five of their back 6 listed are 193cm or taller so it might be on the ground that we can exploit them rather than stretching them in the air. Toss in Keeffe and they are literally the land of the giants and on a windy Hobart day they may struggle playing the ground. Waite out for Zurhaar may be a harder match up for them. Just hope we don't play him underdone. He has always struggled when not 100%.

Five of their back 6 listed are 193cm or taller so it might be on the ground that we can exploit them rather than stretching them in the air. Toss in Keeffe and they are literally the land of the giants and on a windy Hobart day they may struggle playing the ground. Waite out for Zurhaar may be a harder match up for them. Just hope we don't play him underdone. He has always struggled when not 100%.

misfire from me there.

Didn't realise they still had Corr, Mohr, Finlayson, Hayes + Keefe back there. That's seriously tall.

Zuhaar for Waite would actually make more sense. Could play him on Haynes or SHaw to make sure they are accountable.

Didn't realise they still had Corr, Mohr, Finlayson, Hayes + Keefe back there. That's seriously tall.
And Tomlinson. Got to be about the tallest backline in the league. Not much run without Williams and Kennedy. Shaw no longer the player he was. Plus missing Davis who is their linchpin. Big opportunity to exploit their backline.

Means we can't bomb it in long with them havin several talls back there

Precision passing to the smalls who will be too quick off the lead for their tall opponents
Yep, its a good ground to make space, and with the umpires likely to favour BBB this week, he will be getting on his bike to make lead after lead, and if the whistle starts blowing, their defence will have their work cut out.

Their midfield is already thin.

...and it will only get thinner once BJ clamps on to one of them.

I just hope rain doesn't come along and tilt the scales away from us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are GWS struggling that much for supporters that they've been forced to recruit bigfooty opposition posters? They've got a brisbane mod and freo posters.

They've also gone with "imagine if greene did what ziebell did..."
Well hi there. Yes you are correct.

That is because to start up a new club they Giants had to rely on traditional AFL supporters to get on board a local team first.

The next generation of supporters will be the one club kids that are now auskicking in their orange.

I am a Freo foundation member living in Sydney who is footy mad. Still am a Freo member today. Living in Sydney was hard because I hated the Swans.

The giants appearing was great because it allowed me to get my live footy fix and come out to games.

Over the years though watching the team go from being thrashed by 100 every week to being a chance was great.

Anyway this game is yours this weekend in my opinion.

Even with a full squad your current team could beat the giants but the amount of outs is now tipping point

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The pessimist in me feels we’ll get done.

We hate being favourite.

Interesting observation. Coincidentally i had a chat with Troy Makepiece just this arvo and he commented that so often when things start going well we often put in a stinker and kill the positivety.

I can gladly report he also said hes still a keen north man and was very upbeat about our full game efforts recently to hold our nurve against hawks and fighting to the end against the tigers.

Interesting observation. Coincidentally i had a chat with Troy Makepiece just this arvo and he commented that so often when things start going well we often put in a stinker and kill the positivety.

I can gladly report he also said hes still a keen north man and was very upbeat about our full game efforts recently to hold our nurve against hawks and fighting to the end against the tigers.
Has 3 sons eligible for north. A very handy player in his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back