Preview Rd 9 vs GWS - Changes & prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are GWS struggling that much for supporters that they've been forced to recruit bigfooty opposition posters? They've got a brisbane mod and freo posters.

They've also gone with "imagine if greene did what ziebell did..."

They’ve got a pretty tall backline
Are GWS struggling that much for supporters that they've been forced to recruit bigfooty opposition posters? They've got a brisbane mod and freo posters.

They've also gone with "imagine if greene did what ziebell did..."

Obviously they just started following afl and don’t know what’s jacks copped before.

They owe him more than that.

Wow - they are a really tall team - averaging 190cm.

As expected with their injuries we have them covered for age and games played.

North Melbourne Attribute GWS
188.0cm Height 190.0cm
88.3kg Weight 88.2kg
26yr 3mth Age 25yr 1mth
107.8 Games 79.3

Total Players By Games
North Melbourne Games GWS
7 Less than 50 10
5 50 to 99 5
3 100 to 149 4
7 150 or more 3

I can.

I think in the circumstance where there's a late out and he's the one to fill it.

I also think we've been a bit understated with him tbh. Hasn't had a huge amount of hype around him.
Not after the deal we did with gws to get him. I think he may have played but you would not rub their noses in it. And who goes out?
Clubs are businesses and who wants him to go out and be mediocre? He will play eventually hopefully. This week would be like a bank manager driving a repossessed car up to a business to now repossess the forklift.

# long game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahern to debut against his old club :)

Good, no changes. All the calls for LMac to be dropped were doing my head in.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate dont worry about all the other people. They see what they see and we see what we see. I saw some very good signs from Luke last week and I expect him to improve as the year goes on. I have no doubt about it....just had a slow start to the year.

If you’d told me immediately after last season’s GWS game that the next time we played them, all the tipsters in the Age would select us to win, I’d have guessed you’d sourced some seriously high quality mushrooms in Hobart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time: Round 3, 8 April 2017, Blundstone Arena. GWS won by 42 points after leading at half time by 13 and 3qt by 15.

For NMFC:
Outs: Mullett (28 disp), Hansen (21), Gibson (20), Hrovat (20), Preuss (16 +26ho +2g), Garner (14 +1g), Swallow (14), Thomas (13), Durdin (10)
Ins: Wright, Thompson, Jacobs, Simpkin, Wood, Waite, Anderson, Daw, Hartung

All those playing this time around are arguably in better form than the ones they are replacing, for the most part.

Of note also: Ziebell had 28 disposals, Tarrant 23, MWilliams 23, Cunnington 21, McDonald 21, Higgins 18, Turner 17 +1g, Goldstein 12+10HO, Brown 11 +1g2b

For GWS:
Outs: Kelly (31disp +1g), Scully (25), DSmith (23), ZWilliams (23), Greene (19 +3g1b), Mumford (19 +33HO), Kennedy (17), Johnson (15 +1g), Davis (11), Wilson (9)
Ins: Finlayson, Mohr, Cumming, Whitfield, Langdon, Himmelberg, Coniglio, Keeffe, Lloyd, Perryman

Ward had 29 disp +1g1b, Shiel 27, Cameron 19 +3g3b, SReid 19 +2g3b, Hopper 19 +1g1b, Lobb 9 +2g.

Whitfield and Coniglio are proven players, Finlayson and Himmelberg go okay, the others - uncertain. Perryman good at State level apparently last week. Lobb having his 2nd game back from injury.

Their outs are significant, though. Kelly, Scully, Smith, Williams, Greene, Mumford and Davis are all big outs. Johson wasn't easy to deal with either.

On paper our team is better this time around. Theirs is arguably weaker. We are in form, they are not. We fans should be quite confident going into this one.

Last edited:
NMFC-header.png

If
Cunnington played for Hawthorn or Collingwood or Richmond ...

then
he'd have competition-wide cult status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back