Game Day Rd 9: West Coast vs Melbourne - Who Would Have Thought The Sequel...

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
So much this. When he moves it quickly we invariably score. When he turns his back on the play we tend to turn it over (generally the kick or 2 after hurn that ends up long down the line).

We look our best when hurn and jetts wheel and go. I get that it's not always possible, but we need it more often.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think he almost tuned it over and Melbourne spilled the mark under duress. The issue was he moved it quick. We scored and it was the best thing he did all night.

For such a great kick he’s such a low yield footballer. Needs to have his neck on swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Can’t generate a switch when Hurn takes the short defensive wide option over the 40-50m long option. He sets the tone and others follow. Esp Shep.

Similarly when the short option is on through the corridor Hurn opts for the slow long option down the line. He’s wired wrong, we’re premiers ffs.

Thanks. Lots of idiots kicking him 5 votes when Melbourne kicked it too him all night.

Dumb footballer, even Nelson could have looked AA with the amount of blind kicks Melbourne gave us.

Everyone bar you has given him votes as far as I can tell. Feel free to disagree with us but 'idiots' is a bit strong mate.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Everyone bar you has given him votes as far as I can tell. Feel free to disagree with us but 'idiots' is a bit strong mate.

Go complain about our young mids. The rot starts at the top.

Can’t generate a switch when Hurn takes the short defensive wide option over the 40-50m long option. He sets the tone and others follow. Esp Shep.

Similarly when the short option is on through the corridor Hurn opts for the slow long option down the line. He’s wired wrong, we’re premiers ffs.

There was a particular one in that last quarter which made me very mad, where we had all the momentum and he switched 30m back from like 80 out. Weak descision making.

I think you’re going a bit hard with the criticism though, he’s been enormous this season.

Not being entirely satisfied with the output of our All Australian Premiership captain is fine. Your point is absolutely valid.

Rot is a massive reach.

You okay mate? You sound like me this year when I get in a mood and, as you rightly say, take it out on Anus. Ainsworth as well.

I thought Hurn was very good tonight. Nobody had a perfect evening but his reading of the play was on point. McGovern gets praised to all heck when he feasts on poor kicking, why shouldn't Hurn? And he had some zinger disposals tonight to complement the slower movements you cite. Anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So much this. When he moves it quickly we invariably score. When he turns his back on the play we tend to turn it over (generally the kick or 2 after hurn that ends up long down the line).

We look our best when hurn and jetts wheel and go. I get that it's not always possible, but we need it more often.

He needs a target though, you can expect him to just bomb it in. More of an indictment of eagles leading for the ball.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
He needs a target though, you can expect him to just bomb it in. More of an indictment of eagles leading for the ball.
He needs to not turn his back on the play. It's not his kicking that is the issue, it is the slow movement imo because the rest of the team bar Jetta cannot kick through a strong zone like he can.

Teams are defending us differently this year, and we look gold plated with quick ball movement and horrible with slow movement. (Ok, gold plated maybe a bit strong)

He's in great form, if he can be ready to see targets as soon as he has a mark I think we all have confidence he will hit it.

Eating my words that last quarter was great

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

d8c363d045cbbd96c6a2cf006c181be3.gif

You wrote us off all season, then we won the flag. You write us off every week this season. We’re not playing a stunning, high flying, ladder leading brand of football, but we’re getting the job done. Have some faith in the club, they’ve more than earned it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back