Game Day Rd 9: West Coast vs Melbourne - Who Would Have Thought The Sequel...

Remove this Banner Ad

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
My dislike for Clayton Oliver is well known, but at least he’s a competent footballer. This Harmes campaigner would be up there with Zak Jones for the worst aggro to talent ratio in the league. What an angry little nobody.
Best fake tough guy.

PintSzedSlasher

We Love It
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
Agreed, Hurn is a gun who ought to have some self respect instead of playing within himself and like he's an inch of being dropped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do notice he is way too safe these days. Would like to see him take the occasion risk, as think that's what we are lacking lately, very predictable for the most part.

Despite that, he was probably still bog.

lol paying out on Gawn when he absolutely monstered your ruck all night. monstered.
Does monstering rucks get your 4 points Dan?

Ill wait.

lol paying out on Gawn when he absolutely monstered your ruck all night. monstered.

Highlight of his career will be being a step ladder for Liam Ryan. At least he'll be immortal in plenty of MOTY replays and merch.

He's pretty soft for a big guy. I remember Cripps dropped him a couple years ago and another smaller Eagle got him good last year.

Duggan dropped him in the prelim last year. Was beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 23, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Exers
Wow, what a ride this thread was. The game just as much.
Players not pulling the trigger kills us, we look so much better getting the ball into the 50 when it’s instinctive.
Still good last quarter, bank the win & move onto the melts next week.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
There are 2 ways to crush a team's spirit
1. You blow them away from the start and spend the whole game pounding them further into the ground
2. You arrogantly steal the points from them after being outplayed all game and giving them every reason to think they should have won

I really enjoy it when Melbourne visits Optus

danster168

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
we have 10 of our best 22 out, and of the remaining 12 best 22 players, most of them are out of form. so to go to Perth which is notorious for biased umpiring and have the game for the taking was a credit.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Duggan dropped him in the prelim last year. Was beautiful.
There is no doubt Gawn was getting lippy all night. He's a great player, but teams earn the right to show arrogance, not individuals.

Now, Vardy basically did the same back to him. Was a bit of a cheap shot but it was probably the only win he had all night (of course it wasn't even him). Then again, he was part of a team that has earned the right to show a little arrogance (remembering that humility will also serve them well).

Willie on the other hand was classic. Could argue his influence on the game wasn't overly far from Gawns, (albeit only 9 touches). 2 goals in a tight game were huge.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
we have 10 of our best 22 out, and of the remaining 12 best 22 players, most of them are out of form. so to go to Perth which is notorious for biased umpiring and have the game for the taking was a credit.

You keep telling yourself that.

You're 3-6 after being one of the favourites for the flag.

You should have more sense to come on here and start making excuses.
Winners are grinners.

Do they swap premiership points for said credit?

Brer Bear

All Australian
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Why didnt you have a live feed going into fed square? Worked well for you last time lol maybe next time your vicco floggo media will come up with a better plan to stop those nasty eagles hey

triplegee

All Australian
May 13, 2003
Bangkok, Thailand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool; Perth Wildcats
Without Hurn in that first quarter, we would have been blown off the park & potentially out of reach - his was a game-saving first quarter. His last arguably the same.

His lack of quick-fire, attacking balls strikes me as an instruction from the coaches - they feel either we don't have the leg speed yet or no point in playing our hand too early. That's also contributing to making our forward line look unstructured and clumsy. We're basically building to a second half of the season that could be quite something to behold.

Yeo was massive from the 2nd onward and clearly decided he wasn't going to tolerate what was going on around him - both from his mates and the opposition. Loved seeing him bring the mongrel and basically drag our team along with him.

In terms of impact on the result, I'd give it marginally to Hurn as anything that happened after quarter time wouldn't have mattered without his first quarter.

Maybe they’ll put it in Almost Magazine.

aflfootyfanatic

I'm gonna make the big time
Apr 28, 2019
in a shed, somewhere in the bush
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
carlton
Great win last night eagles, clearly you weren’t playing as well as you’d have liked, against an opponent that was up for the fight, and two men down it was a brilliant performance to claw your way back into it.

Glad to see a Richmond fan giving us credit,

If only Freo supporters were like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back