Game Day Rd 9: West Coast vs Melbourne - Who Would Have Thought The Sequel...

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like it’ll rain a bit the day before the game which should hopefully soften the ground a bit

fDAy6evy5YqNyRIkjm23C-aR0q8=.gif

Let me set the scene here
Once upon a time, in the far away magical kingdom of Melbourne lived a great band of warriors. These warriors were noble, virtuous and brave, but were also feared by their foes. From the widest reaches of MCG to the distant lands of Etihad Stadium, the warriors of red and blue commanded respect wherever they went (provided the postcode began with a three).

These warriors had earned the favour of the people and were decreed the truest champion of the kingdom. They were the strongest and most fearsome army in all the land, formed from nothing but sweat, tears, hard work and years upon years of priority picks.

However, all was not well in the kingdom, as rumours had begun to spread of an evil, corporate and ravenous entity to the west, devouring all in its path. Ignored for years, this threat from the west was originally thought a myth, nothing more than a story told to naughty children of the kingdom. However, as more and more rumours spread of this imminent danger, it was clear what needed to be done.

With the nation's support on their side, the warriors of red and blue headed west with one goal - destroy the evil beast, and triumphantly return home ready to cap off the greatest fairy tale in history...

Eagles by a million.

That's Royal and Gold, that.
10/10

Simply brilliant : Badger at his very best.

I am nominating him for this years ARIA Awards.

Best new talent in the:

Cover Version Adaptation Category.

HoneyBadger35 ...... oustanding effort .

Quite a good voice on you there .

Last edited:
HoneyBadger35 , a brilliant follow-up to your acclaimed debut "Preview in song form" back in 2016. No suffering from second "Preview in song form" blues for you.

Stupid question time - does the thread title refer to the game itself being a sequel to the prelim? Or are you referring to your second "Preview in song form" and basically just big-noting yourself?

Best,
Dazzler10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real nice fairytale and a rousing compilation HB35! Sets up a cheery mood!
Demons may be well-placed for another walloping?
They might arguably perform much better than last time,
but then we might arguably be better than we have been recently?
Add a dash of Rioli (if in) while JK+JD could boost their stats and morale!
With lots of Optus fanfare, hoo-ha and razzamatazz on a nippy Friday night.
Demons pantsed at half-mast I reckon!

HoneyBadger35 , a brilliant follow-up to your acclaimed debut "Preview in song form" back in 2016. No suffering from second "Preview in song form" blues for you.

Stupid question time - does the thread title refer to the game itself being a sequel to the prelim? Or are you referring to your second "Preview in song form" and basically just big-noting yourself?

Best,
Dazzler10.

It was a play on both. Any self respecting Eagles fan should never miss an opportunity to arrogantly big note themselves.

Willie Rioli is set to face Melbourne during the club's inaugural Waalitj Dreaming Game at Optus Stadium on Friday night.

West Coast Eagles general manager of football Craig Vozzo said the electric small forward was ready to go after missing the first eight weeks of the season with a stress-related foot injury.

“Willie has had a long journey back from that foot injury,” Vozzo said.

“We’ve had to be patient, as has he, and he’s handled that really well. He’s trained with real intensity, particularly over the last six weeks.

“We’re expecting him to get through training tonight and be available for selection.”

https://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/si...19-05-14/sjog-injury-report-willie-in-the-mix

Should we be concerned that the forecast is colder than the Port game?

Port game was raining all game (was there) and our game plan suffered because of it (among other things). We also seem to be s**t in seconds halves at Optus when the humidity and moisture rises. It adversely effects our game style.

I believe its the reason why we have sucked in the second halves against Freo and the Suns (Can make a case for the Brisbane game after qrt time). The humidity does seem to be lower for this Friday night - 47% humidity which, from memory, is about 15% and 30% lower than our last games.

Stay tuned for another weather update. Don't @ me.

I’ve only managed to get to the gws game so far this year but am locked in for the rest of our home games this season and let me tell you, as a second season full 11 game member I am yet to see the mighty Coasters lose first hand and I attended every final last year too. Book your gf tickets you lot we’ve got this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back