Game Day Rd 9: West Coast vs Melbourne - Who Would Have Thought The Sequel...

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Did jetta lose a bet or what?
54D3894C-B802-4A2D-B585-14699C907AC6.jpeg

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
hope to see a few ochres in the flesh on friday, that will soften the inevitable blow of your mob winning by (hopefully) no more than 24

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I quickly read the OP and thought nice little medieval touch, solid but not outstanding. I then go on to read everyone blowing wind up Badges arse and thought- 'cmon, it was OK but this is a bit much.'
So I go back and click on the vid which I thought was just highlights of last years prelim (lazy work).

Now I get it- that sh1t is all time!
I love that you have also used Gaffys favourite band as the parody song.
Is there any other club that does previews half as good as what our board has churned out this year? If so Id like to see it.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I quickly read the OP and thought nice little medieval touch, solid but not outstanding. I then go on to read everyone blowing wind up Badges arse and thought- 'cmon, it was OK but this is a bit much.'
So I go back and click on the vid which I thought was just highlights of last years prelim (lazy work).

Is there any other club that does previews half as good as what our board has churned out this year? If so Id like to see it.
Liked for the bolded bit.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
*Simmo sits astride his giant eagle and turns to his assistant coaches*

Simmo: "Send forth all West Coast legions. Do not stop the attack until the percentage breaches one hundred. Slay them all."

Van Berlo: "What of Simon Goodwin?"

Simmo: "I will break him..."

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Concentrate on winning the game and not the hair cut

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Damn right. Players should NEVER EVER have a haircut during the season. If it means they have hair down past their shoulders come season's end, then so be it! They earn enough money, so suck it up! /s

Damn right. Players should NEVER EVER have a haircut during the season. If it means they have hair down past their shoulders come season's end, then so be it! They earn enough money, so suck it up! /s

Spot on.

Never understood this fascination with the players having hobbies or down time. Like how ******* long does it take people to get their hair cut that they actually think it might impact their preparation?

“Oh he’s too busy worrying about how he looks, too busy with the haircut, I want him thinking about football 24/7. If he’s not training he should be running or studying the tactics. Take an hour max out of your week for a haircut in the offseason”. Such a strange approach.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
HoneyBadger35 , a brilliant follow-up to your acclaimed debut "Preview in song form" back in 2016. No suffering from second "Preview in song form" blues for you.

Stupid question time - does the thread title refer to the game itself being a sequel to the prelim? Or are you referring to your second "Preview in song form" and basically just big-noting yourself?

Best,
Dazzler10.
I reckon this one tops the 2016 one for sure

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Spot on.

Never understood this fascination with the players having hobbies or down time. Like how ******* long does it take people to get their hair cut that they actually think it might impact their preparation?

“Oh he’s too busy worrying about how he looks, too busy with the haircut, I want him thinking about football 24/7. If he’s not training he should be running or studying the tactics. Take an hour max out of your week for a haircut in the offseason”. Such a strange approach.
Kennedy should have been given a shot an hour after the Gf and put into suspended animation, its ridiculous that he's allowed out and about! Nic Nat should have spent his first three months post knee getting milked 24/7 by the Australian womens olympic team. Amateur hour this club.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast

Hmm. Same, then follows the "attention span" second post.
Read most of the first page, wondered if my attention span missed a paragraph about Ben Folds vocals, wtf?
Oh, there's something in the video..

Just a vid and screen caps rubbing in last year would have set the scene and you've actually gone and hired smashmouth to do a parody. That's going all out, more so than when my mum hired a clown for my 8th birthday.
;)
I had visions of doing a preview once, I'd thought about all the hours I could spend on it in the lead up. Thanks badger, you've given me hours of life back as I won't entertain preview thoughts anymore.

Back