Game Day Rd 9: West Coast vs Melbourne - Who Would Have Thought The Sequel...

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
d8c363d045cbbd96c6a2cf006c181be3.gif

You wrote us off all season, then we won the flag. You write us off every week this season. We’re not playing a stunning, high flying, ladder leading brand of football, but we’re getting the job done. Have some faith in the club, they’ve more than earned it.
And 05 & 06 mate

I was hear. The meds came out.

aflfootyfanatic

I'm gonna make the big time
Apr 28, 2019
in a shed, somewhere in the bush
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
carlton
Scrappy contest but great turn around from the first 3 Qtrs, Liam's mark will definitely be a contender for mark of the year, I'm sure Gawny has a sore head after that mark. Good job boys got the result in the end, now beat Adelaide for us next week! Despite the fact we won the umpiring was s**t, (both sides will agree) but I thought our mids played pretty well, just need to win the contested balls.

Hai gaiz!

Came for the melts, wasn't disappointed. Glad i wasn't posting in here during the game or i'd have been melting as well to be fair. Tough to watch.

Up your game next week if you can though. Too much emphasis on being weak and disgusting, rather than folding the club.

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He needs to not turn his back on the play. It's not his kicking that is the issue, it is the slow movement imo because the rest of the team bar Jetta cannot kick through a strong zone like he can.

Teams are defending us differently this year, and we look gold plated with quick ball movement and horrible with slow movement. (Ok, gold plated maybe a bit strong)

He's in great form, if he can be ready to see targets as soon as he has a mark I think we all have confidence he will hit it.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Point taken but still believe it's the team not being creative enough forward of the ball. I could be biased though being a long time country league campaigner playing in the backline though, sick of looking for a target and seeing guys with hands on their hips 😁

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Not being entirely satisfied with the output of our All Australian Premiership captain is fine. Your point is absolutely valid.

Rot is a massive reach.

Nah mate it's all about the effort. Boys aren't working hard enough. Typical U13 cop out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn't the tackle on Petrucelle basically a sling tackle? Used his jumper to dump him into the turf. Was a great tackle regardless.

Exactly what I was thinking. Was a 100% a sling but wasn’t even mentioned. Just annoying and dumb to think they will probably suspend Jetta.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
You okay mate? You sound like me this year when I get in a mood and, as you rightly say, take it out on Anus. Ainsworth as well.

I thought Hurn was very good tonight. Nobody had a perfect evening but his reading of the play was on point. McGovern gets praised to all heck when he feasts on poor kicking, why shouldn't Hurn? And he had some zinger disposals tonight to complement the slower movements you cite. Anyway.

12 point turn around off poor decisions aren't easily forgiven. The field is their for the taking. It's often easy to attack the ball movement from the stands but tonight was especially bad because at times Melbourne are just too slow to close the caps. Against a team with legs and were in serious trouble. Hurn wasn't as bad as I'm making out but he's the worst offender of our over using conservative if not totally self indulgent backs. Could have half the amount of disposals and be twice as effective.

If Melbourne didn't feast on contested ball from slow rebounds Hurn would have less intercepts. Had enough of our gutless ball movement costing us points for and points against.

Maybe I could be angry at the Melbourne mids getting offensive side effectively all night but the rucks provided next to nothing in way of resistance for our mids to work from.

The fourth quarter should more than prove my point. Weapons across the half forward line starved for three quarters.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Point taken but still believe it's the team not being creative enough forward of the ball. I could be biased though being a long time country league campaigner playing in the backline though, sick of looking for a target and seeing guys with hands on their hips

The tall forwards yes, the small less so. Waterman should come back and play out the season because he actually leads at the player in possession. Waterman would have caused all sorts of problems tonight.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Not being entirely satisfied with the output of our All Australian Premiership captain is fine. Your point is absolutely valid.

Rot is a massive reach.

Agreed, Hurn is a gun who ought to have some self respect instead of playing within himself and like he's an inch of being dropped.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Wasn't the tackle on Petrucelle basically a sling tackle? Used his jumper to dump him into the turf. Was a great tackle regardless.

Petch needs to dribble kick the ball when he`s hot like that and then run back onto it ..He`s been caught a few times like that but not so brutal and defenders love getting a hand inside the jumper like that ...

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
Shocked we actually finished as well as that but I suppose that's what you get if you are at least within reach, strong finish reminded me quite a bit of that early Cats' win last season when we were also seemingly shot.

Jetta is a goner apparently according to the media on Fox Footy. Seriously though what else could he have done? the dude basically just held the ball, Jetta had no other real option but to tackle hard really. Who knows what the MRO will throw up given the nonsense we've seen this season. Apart from that nice little tap on to help setup Ryan's mark and goal Vardy was terrible, monstered by Gawn but didn't even get close to working him over like last season, definitely can't carry him next week. Crows will be tough next week but like us are just going but still finding ways to win so selection this week will be crucial.

My dislike for Clayton Oliver is well known, but at least he’s a competent footballer. This Harmes campaigner would be up there with Zak Jones for the worst aggro to talent ratio in the league. What an angry little nobody.

Back