Toast RD Pick #13 - Welcome to Freo Ethan Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at training today and got talking to an old guy who looks like John Todd , and is our talent scout in W.A ,
His name is John also but he didn't state his last name . I asked him about Ethan and he said that the Club had had their eye on his for 3 years .
He stated also that he was a Peel boy who went to Swans and the reports on him from Greg Harding and Smart convinced them to look closer and they liked how much he had improved in all fascist of his game and where impressed with his work ethic as well .

*All* fascist of his game? From vicious fend-offs to troop-inspiring speeches? Or did he just simultaneously grow a hitler and a stalin for movember?
Hitler , Franco and Mussellini were the fascists. Stalin was "stalinist" which was a bastardisation of communism. And as ol Benito was mo free he would have had to grow the Hitler or Franco.

I was at training today and got talking to an old guy who looks like John Todd , and is our talent scout in W.A ,
His name is John also but he didn't state his last name . I asked him about Ethan and he said that the Club had had their eye on his for 3 years .
He stated also that he was a Peel boy who went to Swans and the reports on him from Greg Harding and Smart convinced them to look closer and they liked how much he had improved in all fascist of his game and where impressed with his work ethic as well .

He found Fyfe and forced us to pick him up. Pretty good track record there.

Damn that's an impressive highlights video for a guy who didn't get taken until the rookie draft. Looks like a fair bit to work with there.

I like the highlights! Probably more so than Langdon and Deluca

How's the shimmy action at 1:10!

Damn that's an impressive highlights video for a guy who didn't get taken until the rookie draft. Looks like a fair bit to work with there.

Plays a bit like Brodie Smith

I like the highlights! Probably more so than Langdon and Deluca

How's the shimmy action at 1:10!

Langdon only played like 3-5 games of Footy this year so any highlights video is going to be extremely limited. Considering how little Footy he played it's actually quite impressive.

All this means that we must be very confident that the talls we have on our list are considerably better than anyone in the drafts.
A massive endorsement by any measure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this means that we must be very confident that the talls we have on our list are considerably better than anyone in the drafts.
A massive endorsement by any measure.

And further endorsement of our Irish recruit as a possible key position backman.

I had qualms over his newness to the game but those highlights don't show any issue with running patterns or decision making. I really love a half-back, much like Roger, who has the confidence to lead up the ground or take a few bounces and suss a target. He looks a very natural runner and it looks like he's always in a bit of space (a luxury not afforded in the AFL, but he could adapt – see Lachie Neale) and does the classic old 'look up the ground, head down for a bounce, then make sure of that option, then hit it' routine. Good to see.

He looks like a ripper. Very happy with this pick, this guy moves a bit of Mundy in his early years. Backs himself, has a nice shimmy and finds space where there is none, just like Blakely.

They're doing something right down there in Bunbury.

He looks like a ripper. Very happy with this pick, this guy moves a bit of Mundy in his early years. Backs himself, has a nice shimmy and finds space where there is none, just like Blakely.

They're doing something right down there in Bunbury.

Imagine having 2 Mundys. Hughes and Blakey: the two Mundys or Mundy and Mundy or Mundy 2: double Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back