Preview Rd14 - Carlton vs. Richmond - 3:20PM Sunday 25th June @ MCG - Final Team post #658

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I said productivity. He is averaging 18 disposals per game and 5.4 tackles.

While our kids are exciting, no one has reached anywhere near those numbers yet. There have been flashes of brilliance from them, but thats mainly it (except for Sammos mammoth game a couple weeks ago).

The kids are the future, and there is alot to be excited about, however Nicky G has been consistently very good this year in his 5 games. The kids are still working consistency and fitness into their game.

If most of them play 10 games, that is an outstanding outcome. They dont really need to play 22 games to call it a success.

I think its undeniable we are carrying some kids each week. There is nothing wrong with that, and most weeks at least one of them plays a decent game.

You said Graham has been better(surely that is productivity) this season than any of our year 1 and 2 players.

C'mon man.

Graham has had nowhere near the season of Marchbank, Williamson, Silvagni, or Plowman. Weitering has been below his par but still eons ahead of Graham in value this year. Curnow, SPS and Fisher are already better than Graham.

"Carrying" a few kids on alternate weeks, who still do things at an AFL standard, is easier than carrying substandard players.

The good senior players are playing much freer footy because of it.

Am hearing that Nankervis (calf/cork) is touch and go and a good chance to be a late out. If true, Kreuzer is going to feast upon Soldo.

Not that thrilled with our outs/ins unless it gets a bit moist. Not much you can do about injuries though and these young kids, whilst it's good to get games into them, aren't and haven't been the engine driving our wins.

I heard it as Doc is Thor!

Forth went the thunder god
Riding on his filly
I'm Thor he cried
His horse replied
You forgot your thaddle thilly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Billy Smedts.
I think he's due 2 to 4 goal effort.
I like Pickett,he has the family mongrel gene,I especially like this.
He's shown he can find a lot of the ball,he just needs to finish.
I really want to get to this game,but we have a bloody busy weekend with kids parties etc etc
The couch and remote will get a fair workout I reckon!
Anyhoo,go baggers,stay close and we're in with a shot!

I like Billy Smedts.
I think he's due 2 to 4 goal effort.
I like Pickett,he has the family mongrel gene,I especially like this.
He's shown he can find a lot of the ball,he just needs to finish.
I really want to get to this game,but we have a bloody busy weekend with kids parties etc etc
The couch and remote will get a fair workout I reckon!
Anyhoo,go baggers,stay close and we're in with a shot!

I like Smedts too. He is a decent player with the potential to be rather dangerous. I expect a decent performance from him tomorrow

If Picket plays like he did in the 2's, we might just get 3 rising stars in a row!
yes he would as well.......
Some experienced bodies in to go for a third win on the trot against Richmond perhaps. Keen to see Pickett perform.
Pickett hopefully can crumb a couple....
his style is flat out on the ball and elite side steps,so he can run down an opponent and sidestep plus he can leap as well..only thing he has to do it for 4 quarters so it will be up to the coaches and conditioners to get him right for the rest of the season and the coming preseason...he was hinting of doing this at GWS NEAFL before his foot injury which took 2016.
Good things take time and odds are on he will kick a bag at some stage.

I don't mind the ins. Two hard bodied 24-25 year olds and a lightning quick Pickett.

Will all need to work on their pressure acts as that is what the three outs excelled at.

Expect to see smedts and daisy rolling through the back half..

Go blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back