Preview Rd14 - Carlton vs. Richmond - 3:20PM Sunday 25th June @ MCG - Final Team post #658

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just a beautiful thing. Peace be with you Blue boys and girls. We are united if only for our hatred of the Pies and the Dons.
Hmmmmm
Yes...kind of...
I am half waY with you. If honest, my other pet hate is actually st.kilda. My antithesis toward pies has weakened over the years, and crazy as it is, I do have a certain respect for you 'thicknthin' tiges supporters.:screamcat:

Hmmmmm
Yes...kind of...
I am half waY with you. If honest, my other pet hate is actually st.kilda. My antithesis toward pies has weakened over the years, and crazy as it is, I do have a certain respect for you 'thicknthin' tiges supporters.:screamcat:

Yeah - hatred for Scum Kilda deepened after Murphy incident! Just don't like them at all - they talk the talk with the promotional "nothingspeak" and "corporate mumbo-jumbo" from Finnis and Richo, but don't walk the walk - deafening silence after Murphy incident and then only got a scripted, mealy-mouthed "apology" (they reckon it was just "banter"!) after the rest of the footy world had strongly called out the Scum Kilda behaviour.:mad:

Let's come out and beat Richmond, but really want to beat this filthy excuse for a club, Scum Kilda, next time around - some respect for Riewoldt and Montagna though.:D:D

Yeah - hatred for Scum Kilda deepened after Murphy incident! Just don't like them at all - they talk the talk with the promotional "nothingspeak" and "corporate mumbo-jumbo" from Finnis and Richo, but don't walk the walk - deafening silence after Murphy incident and then only got a scripted, mealy-mouthed "apology" (they reckon it was just "banter"!) after the rest of the footy world had strongly called out the Scum Kilda behaviour.:mad:

Let's come out and beat Richmond, but really want to beat this filthy excuse for a club, Scum Kilda, next time around - some respect for Riewoldt and Montagna though.:D:D
WTF???

As much as Cuningham, Williamson and Fisher being out suck, I don't think it'll have that big of an impact on the results. They've been playing well but they haven't won us games per say (besides maybe Cuningham). If Pickett steps up, I think we will be in a similar positions as we were before the injuries...

Although, I still don't know if that means we win. :( But *, I want to beat them so badly.

Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why you felt the need, but thanks anyway..
I think people forget that Graham is well within the core 20-24 year age group the club is building on, and also that he was drafted under Malthouse, who did zilch for his development.
Saying he is a hard bodied 24-25 year old along with Smedts or Kerridge (the post I was replying to) is misplacing Graham.
Buckley's been on the list longer than Graham. Many posters hope Buckley makes it / gets a go, but don't say the same for Graham.

Anybody notice that teams are trying to play our style, short kicking and controlling out of defence?? Coll are trying to but they can't do it for s**t...

I didn't watch that game but to me what is interesting is it seems we are the only team in the league implementing our type of game plan.

No other team has the amount of tall KPD's we do...we roll out 4, in some games 5! Pretty much unheard of.
Then with our now very publicised tactic of kick/marking the ball out of defence.

The other team games i watch both teams are typically trying to play fast, slingshot footy with run and handballs out of defence...leading to very fast-paced but messy games where the ball is just pinging back and forth.

Our games are far more controlled...and i'm really bullish that our unique style will hold us in good stead. To be the premiers, you need a point of difference to the other teams and we might have found ours.

I think people forget that Graham is well within the core 20-24 year age group the club is building on, and also that he was drafted under Malthouse, who did zilch for his development.
Saying he is a hard bodied 24-25 year old along with Smedts or Kerridge (the post I was replying to) is misplacing Graham.
Buckley's been on the list longer than Graham. Many posters hope Buckley makes it / gets a go, but don't say the same for Graham.

Both Smedts and Graham are still in the 'possible' pile to be long-term players for us...both still young enough and have done some good things this year.

So it's exciting that imo, all 3 inclusions have something to offer and could be with us for the long-term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really.
I cheered when Brodie Grundy kicked the winning goal against you guys last year.
:p
I wouldn't expect anything else mate. No doubt you were having a nice chuckle after the Freo game this year and the others we have thrown away.
Like I said on the main board, your club is tracking very, very nicely. They have surprised me a lot.
God, I hope our rivalry can find its way back to the halcyon days of the 70s. Showdown? Derby? Pffft. Tigers-Blues was epic, but has lost its mojo of late. It will get back to where it was mate. Your mob will be top 4 in a couple of years and I reckon my mob are going Ok for a team that many picked to be bottom 4.
All the best tomorrow.

I wouldn't expect anything else mate. No doubt you were having a nice chuckle after the Freo game this year and the others we have thrown away.
Like I said on the main board, your club is tracking very, very nicely. They have surprised me a lot.
God, I hope our rivalry can find its way back to the halcyon days of the 70s. Showdown? Derby? Pffft. Tigers-Blues was epic, but has lost its mojo of late. It will get back to where it was mate. Your mob will be top 4 in a couple of years and I reckon my mob are going Ok for a team that many picked to be bottom 4.
All the best tomorrow.

Halycon days of the 70's?
Settle down mate. I'm not in my 50s. ha ha
The only grand final I never watched on the day was 1980 as a kid as I could not find any reason to like either side so just skipped it and got home and saw last 10 minutes with KB going nuts. I was annoyed big time Tigers fixing up our bunnies in grand finals, the Colliwobbles and felt only reason you guys had that chance was we were on a gap year under clown coach Percy Jones.
1982 though, oh my god. Epic build up. At primary school it felt like half of us were Carlton supporters and the other half Richmond types. The bragging rights were on the line big time and I was dirty from 2 weeks early where your mob beat us with about 3 of our best players out and some of my Tiger mates got ahead of themselves. That settled it for me. Richmond was my club as our true enemies for life. ha ha
I enjoyed the grand final big time with the fisticuffs and the Dominator unleashed from his suspension cage to fix Tigers up at start.

I'd love to see Carlton and Richmond as genuine powers and contenders at the same time.
Might have to wait until next decade for that I feel.

Halycon days of the 70's?
Settle down mate. I'm not in my 50s. ha ha
The only grand final I never watched on the day was 1980 as a kid as I could not find any reason to like either side so just skipped it and got home and saw last 10 minutes with KB going nuts. I was annoyed big time Tigers fixing up our bunnies in grand finals, the Colliwobbles and felt only reason you guys had that chance was we were on a gap year under clown coach Percy Jones.
1982 though, oh my god. Epic build up. At primary school it felt like half of us were Carlton supporters and the other half Richmond types. The bragging rights were on the line big time and I was dirty from 2 weeks early where your mob beat us with about 3 of our best players out and some of my Tiger mates got ahead of themselves. That settled it for me. Richmond was my club as our true enemies for life. ha ha
I enjoyed the grand final big time with the fisticuffs and the Dominator unleashed from his suspension cage to fix Tigers up at start.

I'd love to see Carlton and Richmond as genuine powers and contenders at the same time.
Might have to wait until next decade for that I feel.
Won't be that long mate. Both clubs are on the rise. I'm mid 40s, so I don't really remember the 70s well. it's been pretty much misery since. Helen D'Amico is the curse for us. If she doesn't parade her bearded clam in the 82 GF, then there would be no curse.
Again, all the best tomorrow. I have a lazy $100 on Carlton at $2.85. I do it do it makes me feel better if we lose. Funny that I have not learned that it doesn't make me feel better. Even when I walked away with $250 from the Swans game last week. it only makes me feel worse.
Chism I will tell Stuey tomorrow you said hello. Unless you want to make it another word?

Ed Curnow disagrees.

Won't be that long mate. Both clubs are on the rise. I'm mid 40s, so I don't really remember the 70s well. it's been pretty much misery since. Helen D'Amico is the curse for us. If she doesn't parade her bearded clam in the 82 GF, then there would be no curse.
Again, all the best tomorrow. I have a lazy $100 on Carlton at $2.85. I do it do it makes me feel better if we lose. Funny that I have not learned that it doesn't make me feel better. Even when I walked away with $250 from the Swans game last week. it only makes me feel worse.
Chism I will tell Stuey tomorrow you said hello. Unless you want to make it another word?
tugga - ffs, where's your self-esteem, son?

Richmond board is boring. They've spent the whole thread talking about nothing. No cockiness like round 1. This is genuinely an opportunity for the blues to win. We aren't the shortest price we've been this season for nothing as underdogs ($2.45 is ******* s**t). We've been $4+ the last few weeks and I've made a pretty penny. Blues by 32 tomorrow. Long kicking Richmond and inefficient kicking at that willplay into our hands. Martin to do * all.

Ha! I have plenty of words to tell our mutual little mate!

Anyway good luck buddy and i hope we get a cracking game between two old rivals but to be honest i am sick of close games and my heart is not up to it anymore!

May the best team win with no Umpire talk at all and * those maggots while letting the players play in front of a bumper 80k+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back