Preview Rd16: Changes & prematch discussion vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a game at Victoria Park in the mid 80s I was having a kick with my cousin on the ground as most of us did. Anyway during the game they were abused by the disgusting Collingwood crowd which clearly affected Jimmy as he was in a few scuffles. So as we are having kick to kick the players started emerging from the race to cross the field for a few beers with the Pies which was standard procedure back then.

As Jimmy emerged my cousin who had the ball handball to Jimmy and says "you're a superstar Jimmy" He kicks it back to him and says thanks mate and I piped up with "**** em Jimmy there a bunch of inbreds. He smiled and walked off.:D

I felt for them both that day.

I probably got punched in the head by a 6 foot plus adult Collingwood supporter at that game (whatever year it was, happened a couple of times) for looking like Jimmy (I was probably 14, and 15 years old the years it happened and about the same size as him too.). My mum is a pies supporter and would never go to VP cos she hated the way their supporters carried on.

What's your take on Clarke, SB? I checked today and he had 14 disposals and 7 turnovers. Am I reading that right?

He had heaps. Its a pity. I thought his running on the backline (along with Hartung) was really important to our defensive structure before he was dropped earlier.

Sycophantic. See: the love song of J Alfred. I don't come here for authoritarians or their lackeys. If you are snakes friend please talk to him about his tone. Talk him down from god to the assistant to the grand high something- or- other.

No disrespect to you.

Carn' the roos

Please tell me if I am out of line. Will take it in the spirit of us all being on the same side

I am just commenting on the balance of the side, Daw has been great this year, probably won us the game against the Dogs, but I have felt that we are way to tall in the backline which came to a head last Sunday, i just feel Neilson being a kind of "combo" defender gives the defence more balance

I am just commenting on the balance of the side, Daw has been great this year, probably won us the game against the Dogs, but I have felt that we are way to tall in the backline which came to a head last Sunday, i just feel Neilson being a kind of "combo" defender gives the defence more balance

It isn't the bigs that are the worry. Our small defenders are not quick and most sides have at least two nimble small forwards. How we haven't been bitten in the butt more this year is quite surprising. That is why Morgan came over, we need more nimble, quick players in defence.

It isn't the bigs that are the worry. Our small defenders are not quick and most sides have at least two nimble small forwards. How we haven't been bitten in the butt more this year is quite surprising. That is why Morgan came over, we need more nimble, quick players in defence.

We haven't been bitten more because we upped our midfield pressure significantly with Jed & Jacobs meaning that the defenders we had with smart footy brains (Tarrant / Thompson in particular) could cover. We also had EVW playing smart footy - and he had reasonable toe.

We haven't been bitten more because we upped our midfield pressure significantly with Jed & Jacobs meaning that the defenders we had with smart footy brains (Tarrant / Thompson in particular) could cover. We also had EVW playing smart footy - and he had reasonable toe.

Thats exactly why we have been ok but that has started to unravel and our deficiency is easy to see now.

Love LDU, but one good game in the vfl amongst several ordinary ones doesn't warrant a call up. Give Zurhaar the gig he has earned in.

It does if you need mids not HFF's that can't run for more than 60mins.

He had heaps. Its a pity. I thought his running on the backline (along with Hartung) was really important to our defensive structure before he was dropped earlier.
I remember both of them were almost our last men still standing when Hawthorn were coming hard. They made mistakes but always seemed to "butter up again", if that's the right phrase. However, Clarke doesn't seem to have kicked on. Hartung is injured, obviously. However, before that, he seemed to be gradually going nowhere as well. Hopefully, they can both bounce back. They appear to have upside - just not showing it...

Who is the other tall forward . Is Scott tanking . :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If fitn
If fitness is an issue LDU is not the go to then. Don't get me wrong, he going to be a great player, but he struggled at AFL level before and hasn't blown it away yet in the vfl. Zurhaar manages the speed of AFL a lot better at the moment. Zurhaar is able to go in the mid field he has proven that at vfl level.

Final Rd16 Sunday teams:
North Melbourne v GC Suns
Interchange: Jacobs, Zurhaar, Hrovat, Clarke.
Emergencies: Larkey, Walker, Preuss, Davies-Uniacke.
Jacobs, Zurhaar in for Wood, Murphy.

GC Suns v North Melbourne
Interchange: Ah Chee, Brodie, Rischitelli, Lemmens
Emergencies: Heron, Lonergan, Scrimshaw, Leslie
Ah Chee, Brodie in for Dawson, Ainsworth.

Cameron Zurhaar and Ben Jacobs have been recalled to North’s side as it prepares to take on Gold Coast on Sunday.

20-year-old Zurhaar will play his fifth game of the season after an impressive stint in the VFL, which has seen him split his time between the forward line and midfield.

Ben Jacobs is back in the 22 after being a late withdrawal before last week’s clash with Essendon.

Mason Wood will miss via a hamstring injury, while Tom Murphy has been omitted.

First-year player Will Walker’s journey to an AFL debut is set continue after being named as an emergency alongside Luke Davies-Uniacke, Nick Larkey and Braydon Preuss.

Instagram_Team_Graphic_Rd16.jpeg

Some of you wanting Larkey in need to watch some VFL football.
Brown is struggling without support and that’s acknowledged by the club but we are literally throwing the kid to the wolves playing him now.

Smaller forward line, Jack will need to play tall and we work around that.
Not ideal but Waite and Wood being injured isnt ideal either.

Some of you wanting Larkey in need to watch some VFL football.
Brown is struggling without support and that’s acknowledged by the club but we are literally throwing the kid to the wolves playing him now.

Smaller forward line, Jack will need to play tall and we work around that.
Not ideal but Waite and Wood being injured isnt ideal either.
I’ve watched plenty of streamed and televised vfl, Larkey’s leading patterns is what is going to help Brown, no one is expecting him to be a contested king for at least another 2 pre-seasons.

Jack is like wood, he can’t play as a genuine tall and Walker has shown more than rat of late. Rat has photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back