Preview Rd16: Changes & prematch discussion vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrovat I guess makes sense structurally as we are forced to go for a small pressure forward line, with only really Brown and Jack as marking targets...he, Turner, Ats and Zurharr could be a dangerous combination, although the three that played were shithouse last week. Would have liked to see Walker instead, or try Preuss as a marking target. Bit worried Scott has gone back to a conservative "back in my boys" approach that also means effort fluctuates. Frustrating that this feels like a danger game as I thought we'd put this s**t behind us.

Surely last chance for both Hrovat and Clarke. Jacobs odds on to be a late out you'd think sadly.

Gasometer are you travelling to Samoa to open the GD thread tomorrow night?

Or stay at home and post it early because you're having an early dinner?

Hrovat I guess makes sense structurally as we are forced to go for a small pressure forward line, with only really Brown and Jack as marking targets...he, Turner, Ats and Zurharr could be a dangerous combination, although the three that played were shithouse last week. Would have liked to see Walker instead, or try Preuss as a marking target. Bit worried Scott has gone back to a conservative "back in my boys" approach that also means effort fluctuates. Frustrating that this feels like a danger game as I thought we'd put this s**t behind us.

Surely last chance for both Hrovat and Clarke. Jacobs odds on to be a late out you'd think sadly.

That's all well and good.

If Hrovat could actually chase and tackle.

Mate we have no Garner, Wood, Waite, Hartung, EVW off the top of my head. That is the only reason, the next lot are miles off. But that is a different discussion.

I'd be ******* concerned if I was Durdin , Morgan, Nielson Josh Williams or Hibberd
I am more concered that our next lot are miles off Hrovat's output.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If that's the case, may as well delist all now...

You'd think a pressure forward that doesn't tackle, chase or kick sausage rolls would be easy to replace or restructure. Not at North.

This is starting to stink a lot like 2016 at the selection table.

If that's the case, may as well delist all now...

You'd think a pressure forward that doesn't tackle, chase or kick sausage rolls would be easy to replace or restructure. Not at North.

This is starting to stink a lot like 2016 at the selection table.

Perhaps the whisper has been put out to Rat...you have this stint of time to do something or join Pettifer in 2019 and kick 100 goals.

That’s a hyperbole. Walker is ready, The others named in the previous post play different positions and roles. Hvorat has bugger all to contend with for his position, he’s against Zurhaar and against rookies like Narrier. Plenty playing the vfl have exceeded rat’s output, but they can’t play his role for various reasons.

Mate we have no Garner, Wood, Waite, Hartung, EVW off the top of my head. That is the only reason, the next lot are miles off. But that is a different discussion.

I'd be ******* concerned if I was Durdin , Morgan, Nielson Josh Williams or Hibberd

Interesting comment that NN about “the next lot”. Pruess is ready. McKay looks ready. LDU looks physically capable and Walker doesn’t look like he’d be completely lost. Is there some concerns about these boys?

I’m guessing that some in that 5 you’ve mentioned may have their cards marked. One of them is probably lucky that he’s contracted for 2019.

Interesting comment that NN about “the next lot”. Pruess is ready. McKay looks ready. LDU looks physically capable and Walker doesn’t look like he’d be completely lost. Is there some concerns about these boys?

I’m guessing that some in that 5 you’ve mentioned may have their cards marked. One of them is probably lucky that he’s contracted for 2019.
All of them could also replace someone in the AFL team and the team would lose nothing. The definition of reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of many last chances!

I rather all 3 of those spuds play. They'll probably bring in some young legs with speed now and be too quick for us.
Yeh they'll probably bring in some more rookies that will play like Brownlow medal favourites out of their ass...

That’s a hyperbole. Walker is ready, The others named in the previous post play different positions and roles. Hvorat has bugger all to contend with for his position, he’s against Zurhaar and against rookies like Narrier. Plenty playing the vfl have exceeded rat’s output, but they can’t play his role for various reasons.
I was replying to NN's comments that our others are miles off. I would play WW ahead of Hrovat, or surely we could juggle the side around so that LMac or Froggy or someone can move down there and we replace their role with LDU/Murphy.

Preuss would probably do just as good a job as the rat - he’d at least make one tackle

I’m assuming that, since we haven’t picked another tall forward to replace Wood, the rationale is that, without Waite, the opposition will triple team BBB, regardless of who else we put on the park. So, it seems we’ve decided to just accept that fact and not to try and combat it at all. Therefore, we now have an extra smallish, speedier guy in the forward line. Let’s see how that plays out.... I guess I’ll hear the bad news about Jacobs in the car on the way to Etihad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back