Preview Rd17 2019: Changes/pre-match discussion vs the *Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some ridiculous meltdowns over Jmac coming in for a player who got 3 possessions the week before

fu** me people are acting like he’s f’ed your missus or something

I’m looking forward to him responding and lifting another level this weekend against the scum
3 possessions and doesn’t have a match up, against a team that flogged us by ten goals when we last played them.

People need to get a grip.
It’ll be a tight game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caracas

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare

Event Horizon

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Victory
To win we have to slow the game down at all costs.

With the footy, control tempo in defensive half, with long kicks to our targets I50 to prevent shallow entries and counter attacks.

Without it, we need to lock the ball in and give them no space over the back. Just slow them down whenever they get the ball back, allow our zone to do the rest.
For three quarters the Swans have shown a perfect blueprint how to play Essendon. They completely controlled the game, and should have been further in front, if they had a half decent forward line. Even though Essendon was able to to kick 4 goals to 2 in the last quarter to win the game, the first three quarters gives us a lot to work with. I reckon we will be 5 goals up by 3/4 time and win from there.

JRW9

Draftee
May 19, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

ROOINYOU

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
I'm concerned our lack of pace will show this week.
hitting targets is gonna be crucial this week to keep their ground runners out of it.

DuckYeah

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some ridiculous meltdowns over Jmac coming in for a player who got 3 possessions the week before

fu** me people are acting like he’s f’ed your missus or something

I’m looking forward to him responding and lifting another level this weekend against the scum
Oh so you need to collect the ball and rack possessions a defender do ya? He does his job by stopping his opponent in the D 50... jmac collects disposable but is completely ineffective with it plus is hurt by his opponent... every melt is warranted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JeanLucGoddard

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey guys, what corruption scandal do we think will hit the Bombers next?

They've done salary cap a fair bit, done doping.

Is the Charity Regulator making sure this "kids with cancer" stuff is actually going somewhere other than a Tullamarine slush fund?

Tectonic

All Australian
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If our mid and forward pressure keeps up it makes our defense look immeasurably better. Early season the front half of the ground was doing sfa- the best back 6 of all time would have struggled and looked second rate in that environment.

Things are different now, let's see how we go. I just hope the endurance base is there this week, they're a pretty good 4th quarter team.

DesertRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey guys, what corruption scandal do we think will hit the Bombers next?

They've done salary cap a fair bit, done doping.

Is the Charity Regulator making sure this "kids with cancer" stuff is actually going somewhere other than a Tullamarine slush fund?
Can see stringer being involved in something like this.

Brian Fontana

Senior List
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi All,

Does anyone know of or have any tickets for sale to tomrorows game v bombers? Im looking for 2 tickets on level 1 or Level 2. There are none left on ticketmaster so hoping someone may have some?

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For all those praising Shaw and his "balls" with the changes, I hope he'll show the same testicular fortitude to drop JMac when he isn't performing.
Does anyone here think JMac would have played even one game in the twos if Brad was still coach? He would have been straight back in. I am taking that as a sign that Shaw has at least had a discussion with JMac about the role he needs to play and expectations.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Hi All,

Does anyone know of or have any tickets for sale to tomrorows game v bombers? Im looking for 2 tickets on level 1 or Level 2. There are none left on ticketmaster so hoping someone may have some?
just purchase general admin and get to game early if you can to get decent seat on level 3

Coalface

Team Captain
Mar 1, 2015
Jakarta
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fish Creek Football Club
just purchase general admin and get to game early if you can to get decent seat on level 3
Not familiar with buying tickets - I go to ticket master and they all seem to be reserved seats, how do I go about purchasing a general admission ticket?
cheers.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom